Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2011, 09:24:17 PM »
SH doesn't scare me at all.  What scares me is the scholarship limit.  LOL

The 1 thing Willard can offer is immediate playing time and starter spot, not sure Lavin could or would do the same

« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2011, 09:43:24 PM »

The 1 thing Willard can offer is immediate playing time and starter spot, not sure Lavin could or would do the same
if he is top 5 in his class he would have a good chance at being a starter

boo3

« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »

As well as playing in front of empty seats in Newark. 

Moose

« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2011, 10:03:05 PM »

As well as playing in front of empty seats in Newark. 

Tarped off seats :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »
Apparently he is going to visit UCLA unofficially with his mom and sister on Memorial Day.

« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:21 PM »
The Nike EYBL has session #3 in California this weekend. So he'll be out there with the Playaz, so that makes sense.

Although, I personally think the "staying close to home" is overdone. Kids can change their minds on that pretty quick.

« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2011, 08:31:55 PM »
Sometimes, home can move.  Just ask Duke.

DFF6

« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2011, 07:37:53 PM »
ESPN just released their top 100 recruits for 2012.  Check out the write up on Kyle:

Unique talent

Speaking of Anderson, there wasn't a more debated player in the class within our staff than him. He is an exceptional passer with super court vision and size. In the past three years, Anderson is the only Top 100 member to occupy time as a power forward, point guard and small forward. When it comes to evaluating him, we're nearly about finished with putting a positional tag on him. Plain and simple, he's a basketball player.

On the offensive end, he's going to have the ball in his hand and be the facilitator. We don't question his handle or his decisions; he's earned everyone's respect and his offense is improving. Defensively, he guards power forwards and that's fine by us. Bottom line: He's the most unique talent in the class and we're done picking him apart. We're celebrating the unique style he brings to the point forward position.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6583118
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:38:17 PM by DFF6 »

« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2011, 07:44:27 PM »
I think he will stay close to home.  He tweeted this weekend " can't wait to get home" after a weekend playing in Vegas.  I could very well be wrong.. but he just seems like a kid who wants to be close to family .

« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2011, 09:38:03 AM »
Sounds like they are watching the Momo/Harrow situation closely. Since we are getting neither, my hunch is that has kept us strong with Kyle.

Just that afternoon into the evening,” Kyle Sr. said by text.

Kyle Sr. said his son would also visit Florida “eventually.”

“The last time he and I spoke, the favorites were Seton Hall, UCLA, St. John’s, Georgetown and Florida,” Kyle Sr. said. “There are some point guards that are transferring and in limbo so that could have some bearing on his list.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/25/kyle-anderson-to-visit-ucla/#more-52907

Moose

« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2011, 09:59:39 AM »
Sounds like they are watching the Momo/Harrow situation closely. Since we are getting neither, my hunch is that has kept us strong with Kyle.

Just that afternoon into the evening,” Kyle Sr. said by text.

Kyle Sr. said his son would also visit Florida “eventually.”

“The last time he and I spoke, the favorites were Seton Hall, UCLA, St. John’s, Georgetown and Florida,” Kyle Sr. said. “There are some point guards that are transferring and in limbo so that could have some bearing on his list.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/25/kyle-anderson-to-visit-ucla/#more-52907

Hmmmm I heard that before :)

Gumby

« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »
Sometimes parents tend to wait too long to get their son into the basketball program they really want their son to play in.  Case in point is Kyle and the Momo/Ryan situation.  If the Andersons want Kyle to go to St. John's, all Kyle Sr. has to due soon is tell that to Coach Lavin.  Coach can then make the transfer/limbo questions go away.

If Kyle Sr. is not hot on St. John's then he will use the transfer/limbo situation as an excuse.

« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2011, 07:16:37 PM »
i sort of hope now that we dont get harrow or jones(even tho its pretty much definitely not gonna happen)  so kyle anderson has more incentive to commit to st johns

« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2011, 08:58:36 AM »
i sort of hope now that we dont get harrow or jones(even tho its pretty much definitely not gonna happen)  so kyle anderson has more incentive to commit to st johns

I think you might've gotten your wish, chris.

Per Anderson's twitter....

Ryan harrow not goin to St johns keeps them on my list. For everyone asking

[tweet]http://twitter.com/#!/KyleAnderson5/status/73589765097787393[/tweet]

MCNPA

« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2011, 09:46:15 AM »

I think you might've gotten your wish, chris.

Per Anderson's twitter....

Ryan harrow not goin to St johns keeps them on my list. For everyone asking

[tweet]http://twitter.com/#!/KyleAnderson5/status/73589765097787393[/tweet]

Wow, well can't get any clearer than that on Anderson's part.  It seems he wants at least a shot at proving he can play the PG spot, with only Jevon comin in.  More power to him
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:48:08 AM by MCNPA »

MCNPA

« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »
In addition, when asked on twitter if MoMo possibly heading to the Hall would effect his recruitment, he said "no".  Hmmm. I get a feeling that SJU is certainly in a strong position with Anderson, and the kid himself is reinforcing it.

« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2011, 12:17:05 PM »
well he said a few things he wants to stay home obviously he wouldnt mind going far away but it sounds like he'd rather stay home first and that leaves st. john's and seton hall as the closest and then georgetown is close enough i guess..... now seton hall blows and he said st john's is one of the highest on his list because we have all the wings we have and no true pg so obviously he wants to go where theres talent and start so i think our biggest competition right now for him is georgetown...i think anyway

« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2011, 12:24:32 PM »
In addition, when asked on twitter if MoMo possibly heading to the Hall would effect his recruitment, he said "no".  Hmmm. I get a feeling that SJU is certainly in a strong position with Anderson, and the kid himself is reinforcing it.

I take that as he does not think Momo is going to SHU anyway whereas he actually was worried that Harrow might be headed to SJU and he is giving serious consideration to SJU and that might have impacted his decision.

Moose

« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2011, 12:29:53 PM »

I take that as he does not think Momo is going to SHU anyway whereas he actually was worried that Harrow might be headed to SJU and he is giving serious consideration to SJU and that might have impacted his decision.

I also think MoMo being upperclassmen and possibly a Sr lessens the blow.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #159 on: May 26, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »

I also think MoMo being upperclassmen and possibly a Sr lessens the blow.
Really, Seton Hall's roster should lessen the blow, along with Momo's propensity to not pass. I mean, who's in Anderson's way there? Aaron Cosby? Fuquan Edwin? Please. I hope Anderson comes to play with real talent in St. John's, but if he wants unfettered freedom and to be the only star (on a losing team), the Hall isn't a bad look.