Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #920 on: August 22, 2011, 10:14:53 AM »
Kyle's sister is a BIG fan of SJU in this race..!!!

I, mentioned this a month ago at the Peach Jam....  I was told, he is "extremely close" to his sister.  Not to mention, it seems his mother resides in Harlem.

« Reply #921 on: August 22, 2011, 10:18:51 AM »
Still work to be done here fellas. I don't buy any of this done deal stuff.

Yes, there is work still to be done.  It is also the family doing their due diligence.  His dad said, they would visit all of the remaining schools and he's sticking to his word.  The family has played it close to the vest and I believe they'll continue to do so 'til September 20th. 

Of course, things can change.  But, I still believe the info that was shared here.

« Reply #922 on: August 22, 2011, 10:19:49 AM »
Be interesting to see how he does the in-homes.

Contact period does not start until 9/9.  That means between 9/9-9/20 he will need to schedule 5 in-homes and also take his scheduled visit to UF.

« Reply #923 on: August 22, 2011, 10:28:06 AM »
Be interesting to see how he does the in-homes.

Contact period does not start until 9/9.  That means between 9/9-9/20 he will need to schedule 5 in-homes and also take his scheduled visit to UF.

I agree, it'll be interesting how the family goes about the in-homes.  I guess he can have a staff come in daily before he visits Florida.  Maybe, the Johnnies get an in-home when he returns from UF.  Wishful thinking, but you never know.   ;) 

« Reply #924 on: August 22, 2011, 11:04:17 AM »
I'll drive up to UF when he is there and run on the football field with a flag that says "Kyle come to SJU, the girls here all have Gonorrhea!!!!"

« Reply #925 on: August 22, 2011, 11:08:50 AM »
Taking in home visits sure doesn't sound like a kid who's made up his mind to me.  :coolsmiley:

Gumby

« Reply #926 on: August 22, 2011, 11:09:40 AM »
I wonder where and how KA and his family will make the announcement on 9/20.

MSG would be a great spot, followed by a ticket-tape parade from MSG to the campus.  Please make it happen!

As an aside, who was the last recruit that garnished so much of our attention.  Was it Felipe way back when?

MCNPA

« Reply #927 on: August 22, 2011, 11:11:46 AM »
Taking in home visits sure doesn't sound like a kid who's made up his mind to me.  :coolsmiley:

Keep telling yourself that Hoya.  Maybe it will come true...

sju89tr

« Reply #928 on: August 22, 2011, 11:13:18 AM »
I wonder where and how KA and his family will make the announcement on 9/20.

MSG would be a great spot, followed by a ticket-tape parade from MSG to the campus.  Please make it happen!

As an aside, who was the last recruit that garnished so much of our attention.  Was it Felipe way back when?

Wasn't it Phil Wait, I know I was glued to my seat awaiting his press conference  ::)

« Reply #929 on: August 22, 2011, 11:18:21 AM »

Here is the deal, Mr. Passive-aggressive....  The family obviously do not wanna tip their hand and has played Kyle's recruitment very close to the vest.  IMO, the family want every school to feel they have a chance on his birthday.  It's not one I probably would choose.  OTOH, I have no problem with that scenario.  It adds to the drama, per se'.

Do whatever you need to do to believe you still have a shot, hoyahooligan aka Hoya1987.
Maybe, you do or don't.  You've already gone on record how you would be upset, if Kyle chooses St. John's.  Why is that?   

By the way, let the JJ board know how you feel about the Johnnies 2011 recruiting class and Lavin's players in the NBA.   
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:20:13 AM by mjdinkins »

dR3w

« Reply #930 on: August 22, 2011, 11:20:08 AM »

Lance Stephenson?

« Reply #931 on: August 22, 2011, 11:36:01 AM »

Here is the deal, Mr. Passive-aggressive....  The family obviously do not wanna tip their hand and has played Kyle's recruitment very close to the vest.  IMO, the family want every school to feel they have a chance on his birthday.  It's not one I probably would choose.  OTOH, I have no problem with that scenario.  It adds to the drama, per se'.

Do whatever you need to do to believe you still have a shot, hoyahooligan aka Hoya1987.
Maybe, you do or don't.  You've already gone on record how you would be upset, if Kyle chooses St. John's.  Why is that?   

By the way, let the JJ board know how you feel about the Johnnies 2011 recruiting class and Lavin's players in the NBA.

I'm a guest here. I don't have any desire to run my mouth in a negative way against St. John's on a St. John's message board. I have manners. I'm not a huge fan of St. John's. We are rivals after all, not as big as Syracuse, but pretty high up on the list. But like I said I'm a guest and I'm trying not to be an ass on this board.  :angel:

« Reply #932 on: August 22, 2011, 11:40:47 AM »

I'm a guest here. I don't have any desire to run my mouth in a negative way against St. John's on a St. John's message board. I have manners. I'm not a huge fan of St. John's. We are rivals after all, not as big as Syracuse, but pretty high up on the list. But like I said I'm a guest and I'm trying not to be an ass on this board.  :angel:

So, you can be an "ass" towards St. John's on another Big East's brethren board, correct?  You're a guest there, as well.  I guess you figured you'd fit in line with the jive over on that particular board, huh?  Cool!   
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:41:49 AM by mjdinkins »

pmg911

« Reply #933 on: August 22, 2011, 11:46:58 AM »

I don't think anyone thought Lance was coming to SJU.

Sylven Landesburg but he was not as high rated at Kyle. I am thinking that Carlos Boozer might be the guy.

« Reply #934 on: August 22, 2011, 12:00:10 PM »
^Jason Frasier.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #935 on: August 22, 2011, 12:07:54 PM »

Hoya-You are fine.  You don't have to apologize for anything.

« Reply #936 on: August 22, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »

Hoya-You are fine.  You don't have to apologize for anything.

No, he didn't have to apologize.  But, he did because he knows what he spews over on another board.  He's trying to be as cordial, as he can here.  I doubt he would be treated maliciously here, as on the site he posts on.  Nevertheless, he's being passive-aggressive, as I stated. 

I have no problem with it.  Just show his true colors.  Quite frankly, I can have fun with it.  You can be yourself here, hh. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:37:05 PM by mjdinkins »

Gumby

« Reply #937 on: August 22, 2011, 12:42:54 PM »
^Jason Frasier.

Boy, I thought we have the "Amityville Horror" signed, but Coach Jarvis screwed it up with his family.  That hurt!

I go back to Felipe.  I think he announced on TV after a game, if my fading memory serves me right.  As the #1 player in the country, we were on pins and needles, although some of us had heard he was coming our way.  Still the nerves were there!

« Reply #938 on: August 22, 2011, 12:46:51 PM »
I was just trying to nip pick on KA when I saw him yesterday at the battle of boroughs but it was really hard it he is a top 5 talent. With his high basketball IQ he is like a fortune teller he sees plays before they happen. I guess he needs to work on be more effective playing off the ball.Plus he gets a lot of love from the refs every time I see him, he will have to get used to not getting almost every call in college.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

crgreen

« Reply #939 on: August 22, 2011, 01:41:45 PM »

I don't think anyone thought Lance was coming to SJU.

Sylven Landesburg but he was not as high rated at Kyle. I am thinking that Carlos Boozer might be the guy.

Please don't mention Carlos Boozer around Coach Lavin..... :-[