Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1220 on: September 02, 2011, 10:27:02 AM »
The Seton Hall board think they lead.

http://setonhall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=330&tid=146908368&mid=146908368&sid=959&style=2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just before the visit I was starting to hear rumors that SHU might be back in the lead for Anderson. During the day (yesterday) that got confirmed and added to the positives coming out of his time on campus I now feel, pending of course his final 3 visits, that we are again in very good shape with the NJ star.

It's imperative that SHU fans now follow up on the good feelings of his unofficial yesterday by attending his opening game in the Paterson Fall League next Wed

IMO, you're gonna hear someone, from each respective school, say the same after his visits.  I'll also add that I would rather have the last in-home visit, instead of the Hall.  We'll see how things shape up, as things can change.

So a SHU fan writing on an SHU board after Kyle's visit to SHU says he hears SHU leads, mind you pending his 3 other visits.  Shocking!!!!!

And I thought he would say Georgetown leads for him...

I thought you would say that HallDan1 is really PMG.

mkras99

« Reply #1221 on: September 02, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »
The grand poobah/insider on the SHU board (HallDan) has consistently said SHU lead or was tied for the lead, so really nothing new there.  I remember a guy named mich who used to post there who had pretty good info.  Whatever happened to him?  8)

« Reply #1222 on: September 02, 2011, 10:40:07 AM »
The grand poobah/insider on the SHU board (HallDan) has consistently said SHU lead or was tied for the lead, so really nothing new there.  I remember a guy named mich who used to post there who had pretty good info.  Whatever happened to him?  8)

Whatever did happen to him.... ;D >:( ;D >:(

« Reply #1223 on: September 02, 2011, 10:49:10 AM »
BTW-For some worried about the rescheduling of the KA visit from today to next Wednesday, in addition to now having both parents on the visit the entire team, including all 9 newcomers, will be on campus by then.

JaKarr, Amir and Norvel are set to arrive this weekend.  Others are already here.  Whereas they would not have been there today if Kyle was still scheduled for today.

That is a great little added benefit to the visit.  These guys would be/will be his future teammates.

« Reply #1224 on: September 02, 2011, 10:59:36 AM »
BTW-For some worried about the rescheduling of the KA visit from today to next Wednesday, in addition to now having both parents on the visit the entire team, including all 9 newcomers, will be on campus by then.

JaKarr, Amir and Norvel are set to arrive this weekend.  Others are already here.  Whereas they would not have been there today if Kyle was still scheduled for today.

That is a great little added benefit to the visit.  These guys would be/will be his future teammates.
Amir's gf already scrred of him being away

http://twitter.com/#!/TaraMMack/status/108987646625320960

« Reply #1225 on: September 02, 2011, 11:02:38 AM »

I think I read somewhere that Nuri is moving in today and Norvel is flying in on Saturday.

« Reply #1226 on: September 02, 2011, 11:11:11 AM »

I think I read somewhere that Nuri is moving in today and Norvel is flying in on Saturday.

That is correct.  And in fact I think JaKarr is in NYC already as well.  I think Amir is leaving for NY today and Norvell tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:42:04 AM by fordham96 »

« Reply #1227 on: September 02, 2011, 11:38:43 AM »
This thread is hard to keep up with, lots of new news, lots of stuff that's not important.  Here's all i want to know, abt 3 weeks ago and what seems like 40 pages ago SJU79 said that anything could change but at that time Kyle had made his decision and that decision was to attend St. John's.  Redmannorth confirmed this information.

My question to SJU79 and Redmannorth is if anything has changed since you posted and confirmed this news? 

I apologize if you answered this recently but this thread is tough to keep up with when you scan it.   

Thanks in advance

« Reply #1228 on: September 02, 2011, 11:47:27 AM »
My question to SJU79 and Redmannorth is if anything has changed since you posted and confirmed this news? 

I apologize if you answered this recently but this thread is tough to keep up with when you scan it.   

Thanks in advance

Good question, as redmannorth hasn't posted much lately and SJU79 rarely posts.  I'm sure one, if not both will post something in the near future.

Moose

« Reply #1229 on: September 02, 2011, 01:01:53 PM »

Thanks in advance

Good question, as redmannorth hasn't posted much lately and SJU79 rarely posts.  I'm sure one, if not both will post something in the near future.

Can't speak for them directly but things haven't changed.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1230 on: September 02, 2011, 01:52:52 PM »
Kyle's tweet.  first time i've seen him acknowledge a visit:

KyleAnderson5 Vinny Chase
Seton Hall showed me lots of love!! I loved being on campus student body really did their job and showed me a great time! Thanks guys!

« Reply #1231 on: September 02, 2011, 02:12:04 PM »
We're doing just fine.

« Reply #1232 on: September 02, 2011, 05:07:47 PM »
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Kyle pass out at 31 Flavors last night on the Seton Hall Campus. I guess it's pretty serious

pmg911

« Reply #1233 on: September 02, 2011, 05:59:23 PM »
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Kyle pass out at 31 Flavors last night on the Seton Hall Campus. I guess it's pretty serious

Anyone....   anyone...

« Reply #1234 on: September 02, 2011, 06:51:30 PM »

Thanks in advance

At least it wasn't the old silent verbal - he he he

« Reply #1235 on: September 02, 2011, 06:59:16 PM »
Kyle's tweet.  first time i've seen him acknowledge a visit:

KyleAnderson5 Vinny Chase
Seton Hall showed me lots of love!! I loved being on campus student body really did their job and showed me a great time! Thanks guys!

SHU poster wrote:  "I know they always say they had a great visit but he said more than the normal. Hopefully he loved it so much that he decides that is the cherry on top and comes to SHU on September 20."

I think he got SH and SJ mixed up. KA is the cherry on top here, but will have to be the bananas and two scoops of ice cream there.

RedVet

« Reply #1236 on: September 03, 2011, 12:04:01 AM »
I'm just praying for good weather. The entire campus environment is perceived differently when the weather is miserable.

pk

« Reply #1237 on: September 03, 2011, 04:50:07 AM »
I'm just praying for good weather. The entire campus environment is perceived differently when the weather is miserable.

The same could be said for SHU. But when is he scheduled to take his campus visit? I think if Lavin and the guys on campus (and I was going to ask about that but some of you are already stating that they are or will be in very soon) can convince him he's the "missing piece" or something that will make him want to feel he's the ultimate answer for us then I'm not that worried. Besides, Lavin has the track record and has always been a great recruiter. SHU?...... ::) If he ain't going to G'Town, Florida or UCLA...SHU?... :2funny:

Gumby

« Reply #1238 on: September 03, 2011, 01:32:22 PM »
Dave,
I know you have met KA numerous times and have expressed how great a personality he has.  With the next few weeks going to be a whirlwind for KA, I though we might be able to help him get through his final screening processes.  I know whenever and wherever he finishes one of his campus visits he has to give a parting talk.  So here is where we can help KA.  We can provide him with a template so he can give credit to the schools involved.

How is this for a sample:
"I want to thank the school and the coach for taking the time to give me a tour.  I "normally" (for the SH faction) do not talk this much, but you have a good coach, a good program and a nice campus.  Was that really pizza I had for lunch?  Does it really cost $$$ to have my family come out to attend each of my games? (for the FL and UCLA factions) I can honestly can state that you are one of the five schools in the lead for my services.  Did you fan website really only have 72 posts on my possibly coming to your school?  Are you sure that was pizza we had for lunch?  Yes, I will answer a question.  My favorite colors are red and white.  Is that a problem?  I am sorry that you did not get an invitation for my party on 9/20.  It must have got lost in the mail.  Once again, thanks everyone!"

Dave, I am sure that KA would appreciate our help in this busy times.

MCNPA

« Reply #1239 on: September 03, 2011, 02:10:52 PM »
I still stand by my belief that when he scheduled his announcement date, he was pretty sure on where he wanted to go and probably still is.  I still feel quite confident for quite a few reasons including info from some very good sources on these boards.  We offer too many advantages for Kyle that it is a no-brainer.  We can field talent like UCLA does, but also be a short drive from home, have msg, great staff. Etc.  Furthermore a new mantra we must heed.  There are few certainties in life like Death, Taxes and Lavin landing his guy...