Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1260 on: September 05, 2011, 10:06:42 PM »
I can't believe how many people are sweating a story that took 8 days to even be noticed from a slanted new source. I'm not going to kill his "source" but it's questionable that someone in Cali would have good connects to Anderson's family and/or close circle.

If you want to take stock in buzz the whole entire summer was St. John's from aau kids to other college coaches I talked with. He goes to Cali for 1 week and the buzz is about UCLA.

Don't loose sleep.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1261 on: September 05, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »
Since when are we believing other schools' websites and emails?

What a shocker, UCLA thinks it leads!  I thought SH though it was in the lead.  Watch tomorrow it will be Georgetown in the lead!  That is the price we have to pay, reading posts from the other contenders for KA.

Most of the UCLA message was old stuff any way.

The whole geography thing is a big question.  Why would KA, who is very close to his family, want to play 3,000 miles away, when he has the coach, coaching staff, already committed teammates (not may be recruits), NYC, and  MSG, all within a long 3 pointer from his home?

I am sure we will see more of the other finalists plugging away via their websites for KA's services within the next 15 days.

Suggestive efforts by UCLA guys.  "Our sources say"...cmon.  Weak.  They continue to cite the Muhammad stuff, but I don't think it will play into KA's decision.  SJU has top wings as well and Darrick Wood coming on next year who he knows a lot better than Muhammad.  He's got Edwin at the Hall as well.  Friends abound, it isn't going to be the decision maker.  Kyle will ultimately choose where he wants to play ball. 

Wait... Mentalo is telling me Kyle Anderson is headed to SJU!!!   :2funny:

It's also an article from 8 or 9 days ago.  The same article that circulated around after Anderson's visit to the west coast. 

« Reply #1262 on: September 05, 2011, 10:13:47 PM »
I can't believe how many people are sweating a story that took 8 days to even be noticed from a slanted new source. I'm not going to kill his "source" but it's questionable that someone in Cali would have good connects to Anderson's family and/or close circle.

If you want to take stock in buzz the whole entire summer was St. John's from aau kids to other college coaches I talked with. He goes to Cali for 1 week and the buzz is about UCLA.

Don't loose sleep.

9/20 can't come soon enough.

« Reply #1263 on: September 05, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »
[hashtag]Yyh[/hashtag]"This is disgusting"

Kyle Anderson said after being asked if he was enjoying his visit to Seton Hall.

Is this some form of English???   Can someone interpret this??

« Reply #1264 on: September 05, 2011, 10:16:18 PM »

Don't loose sleep.

You forgot Dave the SHU insiders who now claim SHU lead for his services....LOL!!!

« Reply #1265 on: September 05, 2011, 10:20:13 PM »

Don't loose sleep.

You forgot Dave the SHU insiders who now claim SHU lead for his services....LOL!!!

Of course...how could I overlook that.

« Reply #1266 on: September 05, 2011, 10:24:26 PM »

No doubt about it, king! 

@fordham:  A few weeks ago, the Hall's "insider" would have you believe their most recent commit (the JUCO player who no one seem to have witnessed play) was the next Walter Berry.

RedVet

« Reply #1267 on: September 05, 2011, 11:16:01 PM »

No doubt about it, king! 

@fordham:  A few weeks ago, the Hall's "insider" would have you believe their most recent commit (the JUCO player who no one seem to have witnessed play) was the next Walter Berry.

[/quote]

Raymon Austin played one season of JUCO ball ... three years ago(!) ... and then disappeared. There's virtually nothing on him other than that he's big (6'8" and wide and 23), that his dad was a boxer, and that he once scored 24 points in a game. Based on that, some Hall fans are saying  he's a hidden gem and that, given his size, he should dominate in the paint in the Big East ... and that Kyle Anderson should be drooling at the thought of playing with him. Talk about delusional! KA may, in fact, opt for the Hall, but I don't think it will have anything to do with Mr. Austin's possible presence.

« Reply #1268 on: September 05, 2011, 11:30:09 PM »
In a time when good and solid recruiting information is more difficult to come by than a part of the country not at risk of an earthquake, hurricane or flood-inducing thunderstorm, Kyle Anderson offers hope. He seems like a wise kid who is committed to going through the process but uninterested in the drama that normally goes along with it.

For proof, consider that Anderson detailed Monday exactly how he'll spend the next two weeks. He told Scout.com's Evan Daniels that he'll visit Georgetown on Tuesday, St. John's on Wednesday and Florida on Sept. 16, then make a decision between those three schools -- plus UCLA and Seton Hall, both of which Anderson has already visited.

Read More:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/15533313/top-recruit-andersons-choice-potential-gamechanger-for-seton-hall
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #1269 on: September 06, 2011, 02:02:50 PM »

No doubt about it, king! 

you mean Austin Power? lol

« Reply #1270 on: September 06, 2011, 02:21:28 PM »
WOW! It took to 2pm for someone to post on this thread!  I was getting nervous...

BTW if anyone lives in the south you can get a free chic-fil-a breakfast by going on their website.  That is the only good thing about leaving NY...

Gumby

« Reply #1271 on: September 06, 2011, 02:51:53 PM »
I see the NYC weather back east calls for rain today and tomorrow.  I am not sure if that means an all day down pour or not.  Perhaps, Coach can move the campus visit to Friday.

« Reply #1272 on: September 06, 2011, 04:30:55 PM »
WOW! It took to 2pm for someone to post on this thread!  I was getting nervous...

BTW if anyone lives in the south you can get a free chic-fil-a breakfast by going on their website.  That is the only good thing about leaving NY...

They have chic-fil-a in NJ

« Reply #1273 on: September 06, 2011, 04:31:54 PM »
I see the NYC weather back east calls for rain today and tomorrow.  I am not sure if that means an all day down pour or not.  Perhaps, Coach can move the campus visit to Friday.

60% chance of rain. 75 degrees. I'm a little bummed about that as I previous said campus is so beautiful this time of year and there is plenty of nice scenery outside.

Moose

« Reply #1274 on: September 06, 2011, 04:36:02 PM »

60% chance of rain. 75 degrees. I'm a little bummed about that as I previous said campus is so beautiful this time of year and there is plenty of nice scenery outside.

To me I'd rather see it on its worst day.  To see the place in the rain means you can survive even on those days that aren't picture perfect.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1275 on: September 06, 2011, 04:43:04 PM »
Does anyone have input as to the plans for tomorrow's visit?  I always thought visits from local kids are the toughest.  There really isn't anything new for them to see.  Versus out out of state kids who get the full NYC tour, etc. The other thing that concerns me, is that I don't think KA has preexisting friendships with any of our guys.  Any input into tomorrow is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

« Reply #1276 on: September 06, 2011, 04:59:57 PM »

Weather/rain is an act of God.  Scenery is nice but who is there and why they are there will be much more important.

Relax guys.

« Reply #1277 on: September 06, 2011, 05:40:23 PM »
Does anyone have input as to the plans for tomorrow's visit?  I always thought visits from local kids are the toughest.  There really isn't anything new for them to see.  Versus out out of state kids who get the full NYC tour, etc. The other thing that concerns me, is that I don't think KA has preexisting friendships with any of our guys.  Any input into tomorrow is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

He knows several players and I know for a fact he knows Mo Harkless

crgreen

« Reply #1278 on: September 06, 2011, 05:57:07 PM »
So...what are the odds this thread hits 2,000 before the 20th?   :)

MCNPA

« Reply #1279 on: September 06, 2011, 06:09:30 PM »
Kyle Anderson isn't choosing his destination based on what the weather is like tomorrow.  It's always sunny under the lights of MSG.