Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1320 on: September 07, 2011, 12:32:57 PM »
does anyone think coach lavin feels any pressure right now?  he has to be aware of the sju fans excitement about KA

I would say absolutely not. He's already brought in a top 5 recruiting class. He's got Gathers coming in, and going forward will continue to recruit and land top talent to Queens. As a fan, of course I want Kyle. Coach and staff have invested a lot of time and effort in recruiting him, but if Kyle doesn't want to come here it doesn't break us. Coach will just set his sights on the next great player.

We'll be ok.

MCNPA

« Reply #1321 on: September 07, 2011, 12:34:05 PM »
does anyone think coach lavin feels any pressure right now?  he has to be aware of the sju fans excitement about KA

Lavin was in a pressure cooker for 7 years at UCLA as a young first-time head coach.  This is pressure?  Nah...  This is all gravy and what he does best.  Lavin is in a great spot at SJU with fans that have reasonable expectations, a supportive administration, great staff, financial support and a fantastic canvas to leave his own legacy. 

« Reply #1322 on: September 07, 2011, 12:37:21 PM »
i know this is stupid, but G'Town is beating us in a poll of "Where will KA go?"  help push us over the top!  LOL

http://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2011/9/7/2409472/tour-de-kyle-hits-st-johns-today

Gumby

« Reply #1323 on: September 07, 2011, 12:39:31 PM »
Pressure on Coach Lavin?  He would not be human if he did not feel some pressure.  Coach's time at UCLA should have prepared him for the pressure of 9/20.  All he has to do is be himself with KA.  Having met Coach twice, he is a very special person and not just a good basketball coach.

However, if you want an example of real KA pressure, just look at Coach Willard.  Maybe it is not quite a "do or die" situation, but it is pretty close.

« Reply #1324 on: September 07, 2011, 12:42:07 PM »
Maybe it is not quite a "do or die" situation

Many of their fans are indirectly treating it, as such.

crgreen

« Reply #1325 on: September 07, 2011, 12:47:58 PM »
Does anyone have an idea what the school is doing for/with Kyle today..? I am sure a trip to the Garden is in the works but this weather really sucks for bringing him around the campus while classes are in session.

I would hope they have coordinated an effort with students to make everyone aware that there is a very important recruit on campus today.

I don't think he's picking a school based on some students chanting his name. To me that stuff is blown way out of proportion.

Thank you.

This stuff is just nonsense.  Right Steve Lavin is landing top 100 and top 50 kids left and right and is in tight with a top 5 2012 kid and is set to host him and his family today and yet he needs advice on how to recruit kids from some message board posters....

If I did not know better I would think some of you are plants from other schools looking to stir up trouble....LOL!!!

Don't think it's nonsense for SOME recruits - but from everything I've seen and read it's nonsense for THIS recruit...I know of several past recruits who've said such activities definately impacted their decision.   I personally dont WANT a kid like that (I'm not talking about the kid who thought it was cool that the school and students put out an effort - I mean the one's who need the adulaton so much that it comes to define a life-changing decision like college selection)....

crgreen

« Reply #1326 on: September 07, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »

Well, all these posts about the poor westher in the east for his visit begs the question.  Dave, what kind of insight can you give us on Kyle's "weather preferences"?    :)

Hey, it was freaking 105 degrees for almost 2 weeks while he was in LA.   I was BORN there and I was always wishing I could reloacate east after about the 3rd or 4th day (of course, maybe that explains why I'm  IN the east now - albeit after 5 or 6 decades in the heat).   ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:03:37 PM by crgreen »

pmg911

« Reply #1327 on: September 07, 2011, 01:25:51 PM »
@MCNPA - what is the SHU fans do..?

My comments were not saying the SHU fans did anything special, I don't know what they did and haven't heard anything.

« Reply #1328 on: September 07, 2011, 01:40:33 PM »
my brother texted me that he just saw KA on campus walking around with Monasch.

No sight of Lavin.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:42:48 PM by redmen4life »

« Reply #1329 on: September 07, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »
Perhaps Lavin is/was with his parents.

Gumby

« Reply #1330 on: September 07, 2011, 02:47:33 PM »
my brother texted me that he just saw KA on campus walking around with Monasch.

No sight of Lavin.

"No sight of (Coach) Lavin."  Dave, I hold you responsible for that.  If you had connected Coach Lavin, his entire coaching staff, all ten of our players, and, possibly, KA to "Latitudes", we would not have these problems of a potentially missing Coach and who is on campus, recruit-wise.

I just found out where Coach Lavin was.  He was in his office calling a certain restaurant in Soho to make plans for a birthday party dinner on 9/20.  Does any one know what that means?

Seriously, I think we will need a break come 9/21.

« Reply #1331 on: September 07, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »
baron davis working out at st. john's according to twitter...

« Reply #1332 on: September 07, 2011, 03:37:09 PM »

As, well as another UCLA alum and St. John's prop giver  ;).....  Kris Johnson.

http://twitter.com/#!/PointForwardPro/status/111437755803897856
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:37:32 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1333 on: September 07, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »

Love hearing about these NBA players showing up on campus.

kjd01067

« Reply #1334 on: September 07, 2011, 04:01:09 PM »

What a great coincidence... A great point guard Lavin coached and put in the NBA is at St. John's working out when the top pg recruit in the country is visiting.  Seal the deal Steve!

« Reply #1335 on: September 07, 2011, 04:10:25 PM »
But Is Baron Davis gonna help us out or UCLA?

« Reply #1336 on: September 07, 2011, 04:16:49 PM »

It's not like Ben Howland coached him.

« Reply #1337 on: September 07, 2011, 04:20:45 PM »

We don't actually need him to help us out.  We have the staff to take care of that situation.   ;)   Then, again you never know.       

kjd01067

« Reply #1338 on: September 07, 2011, 04:22:08 PM »

Look at it another way, do you think Lavin/Monasch would have allowed Baron to be working out on campus today if they even thought for a second that Baron was going to try and sell ucla or bad mouth Lavin?

« Reply #1339 on: September 07, 2011, 04:23:06 PM »

We don't actually need him to help us out.  We have the staff to take care of that situation.   ;)   Then, again you never know.       

guys like baron and kris are proof that lavin can not only develop NBA players (Baron) but can also develop winners off the court (Kris)