Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1380 on: September 08, 2011, 12:43:30 AM »
new tweet from kyle:

"Shu showed me lots of love today!!"

this coming on the day he visited us...

Likely from shu fans at his 7pm game in jersey.  Nothing to do with our visit.  If he ultimately chooses SHU, he's got bigger problems like the talent or lack thereof.  Winning will be hard to come by. 

I am betting it was a typo and he meant to say "SJU". Afterall, the "H" is right next to the "J" on the keyboard.

« Reply #1381 on: September 08, 2011, 02:14:59 AM »
new tweet from kyle:

They supposedly had about 40 fans there. Good for them, but this is VERY frustrating:

I have repeatedly posted the schedules of games our recruits play during iS8 (which is 5 minutes from campus), and nearly nobody shows up.  The SHU fanbase sounds like they showed up tonight, which is something our fanbase NEVER does when it comes to recruiting. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #1382 on: September 08, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »
Today, is the first day my that my gut says he is not heading here. I really just hope im wrong. It may just be timing but he called ucla n gt great visits ours was good, he tweets immediately after his visit he's doesn't want to hear about college for a few days butter hours laterhe tweets about how SHU fans showered him with love at a fall league game and to top it off he calls zach to talk?  :-\

Moose

« Reply #1383 on: September 08, 2011, 07:10:53 AM »
new tweet from kyle:

They supposedly had about 40 fans there. Good for them, but this is VERY frustrating:

I have repeatedly posted the schedules of games our recruits play during iS8 (which is 5 minutes from campus), and nearly nobody shows up.  The SHU fanbase sounds like they showed up tonight, which is something our fanbase NEVER does when it comes to recruiting. 

Those are the only 40 fans they have :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #1384 on: September 08, 2011, 07:14:04 AM »
This kid and his family know how to play the recruiting game.

Here is the NY Post article

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/anderson_enjoys_st_john_visit_remains_wKnx5DqW71FnblFPVbEVjL

“It made a big impact,” said Anderson who saw the Big East school with his mother, Suzanne, and two brothers, Duanne and Jamar. “It shows he gets guys NBA ready. Baron talked about Coach Lav, how he helped him get to where he is today.”

He’s enjoyed visits to all four schools and said the only reason he’s been to UCLA multiple times in the last month is because he was out west for the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Classic in the first place.

"It went well," said Anderson, who lives with Suzanne in Harlem during the summer. "I met a lot of good people."

“He’s very informed when it comes to the college basketball world,” his father, Kyle Anderson Sr., said. “He’s gonna make the best decision for him and it will be the best decision long term.”

At this point, however, Anderson has no idea where he will end up.

“I have a lot of thinking to do,” he said.

Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1385 on: September 08, 2011, 07:59:23 AM »
new tweet from kyle:

Good point Theo. STJ fans can do the same at is8. At the end of the day though, I think ST.J fans now feel like Lavin and staff can sell the school enough.

mkras99

« Reply #1386 on: September 08, 2011, 08:04:40 AM »
Hall insider saying it's down to the Hall and UCLA.  Twelve more days to go.

« Reply #1387 on: September 08, 2011, 08:18:53 AM »

That guy is the man....

« Reply #1388 on: September 08, 2011, 08:21:29 AM »

The SHU board will melt down if KA selects SJU.

If Anderson's goal is to make the NBA, SJU will be difficult to beat.

mkras99

« Reply #1389 on: September 08, 2011, 08:27:28 AM »
@Fordham - HallDan seems to be very well connected, but the next time he posts something that is anti-SHU (e.g., that they don't lead for a recruit or aren't going to get a recruit) will be the first time.  Connected - yes.  Fair and balanced - not so much.

« Reply #1390 on: September 08, 2011, 08:33:54 AM »
When asked who they met, Ms. Anderson responded, "We met with Head Coach Steve Lavin, Assistant Coaches Mike Dunlap, Tony Chiles, Rico Hines, Eric Rienecker, Director for Academic Support and Mark Fratto, Associate Athletic Director for Communications. We were also honored to meet Rev. Donald Harrington who discussed the mission of St John's."

In addition, Ms Anderson said, "Some ex players, current players and new players were in the building and introduced themselves."

As an added bonus, the family met former UCLA and current LA Clippers star Baron Davis who happened to be on campus. "He gave Kyle some good advice on how to make his decision with this heart," said Ms. Anderson.

Ms Anderson said that they were impressed with Coach Lavin and the relationships he has built at St, John's in such a short time and the fact that he spoke highly of Kyle's other 4 choices; Seton Hall, Georgetown, UCLA and Florida. They also spoke about the benefits of playing at Madison Square Garden according to Ms. Anderson.

After meeting with the coaching staff, Ms Anderson said they took a tour of the athletic facilities and the Campus at 3:00pm and met the trainers at 4:00pm.

Ms Anderson described the visit saying, "It was a wonderful and informative visit. Coach Lavin has a great staff and will be very successful with his incoming class."

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1262241

« Reply #1391 on: September 08, 2011, 08:40:32 AM »
@Fordham - HallDan seems to be very well connected, but the next time he posts something that is anti-SHU (e.g., that they don't lead for a recruit or aren't going to get a recruit) will be the first time.  Connected - yes.  Fair and balanced - not so much.

I won't get into it with you. lol!!!

But I can tell you he had SHU/Georgetown a few months ago, then SHU/UCLA a little while later and then after I posted both on this board and his board that it was SJU and SHU (this was during the Peach Jam in July) he posted the same thing. 

Notice two things.  1) He never has SHU NOT in the the mix as you say and 2) He changed his tune after I and others posted it and the fact I had SHU in the mix.  In other words the only thing that matters is having SHU in the mix.

« Reply #1392 on: September 08, 2011, 08:49:26 AM »

i said this yesterday on redmen.com with zero inside information.  maybe he's just picking up on what i'm saying! HAHHAHAHA

in all seriousness, the last 24 hours have all signs pointing in UCLA and SH's direction.  kyle appears to be very loyal to jersey and i think he feels that if he were to choose sju he'd come across as a traitor. so why set himself to deal with all that drama when he can easily just head west as far away as possible.

his tweets certainly point in SH direction...
his sis tweeted yesterday that she wants him to go to Cali...
someone else exchanged tweets with them saying that in Cali he'll get to play with pros in the summer...

nothing about sju or nyc :-(   at this point, i'll be shocked if he chooses us IMHO
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:51:19 AM by redmen4life »

MCNPA

« Reply #1393 on: September 08, 2011, 08:51:46 AM »

i said this yesterday with zero inside information.  maybe he's just picking up on what i'm saying! HAHHAHAHA

in all seriousness, the last 24 hours have all signs pointing in UCLA and SH's direction.  kyle appears to be very loyal to jersey and i think he feels that if he were to choose sju he'd come across as a traitor. so why set himself to deal with all that drama when he can easily just head west as far away as possible.

someone else exchanged tweets with them saying that in Cali he'll get to play with pros in the summer...

nothing about sju or nyc :-(   at this point, i'll be shocked if he chooses us IMHO

Honestly, none of this points in UCLA nor the Hall's direction.  You're taking waaay too much out of a few tweets that really don't say much at all.  He gave credit to hall fans for coming to his game, his sis wants him at UCLA.  None of it means he's going either place.  silly. 

« Reply #1394 on: September 08, 2011, 08:53:49 AM »

i said this yesterday on redmen.com with zero inside information.  maybe he's just picking up on what i'm saying! HAHHAHAHA

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Nothing he has tweeted has indicated that.

« Reply #1395 on: September 08, 2011, 08:56:49 AM »

The SHU board will melt down if KA selects SJU.

Very much so, 7805!  IMO, many of their fans are very, emotionally invested in this recruitment.  You can sense for many of 'em that Anderson is the lifeline to their program, and if he matriculates elsewhere it's gonna be ugly.  A couple of Rutgers' fans have said as much, as well.

It may be worse than ugly, if he goes to St. John's.   

« Reply #1396 on: September 08, 2011, 09:01:51 AM »
he calls zach to talk?

He did call Zach to talk about his St. John's visit.

« Reply #1397 on: September 08, 2011, 09:05:10 AM »

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Nothing he has tweeted has indicated that.

this is an OPINION that i have formed purely based on everything i have read about him and his tweets.  i honestly believe that he is a loyal young man.  for some reason there is a connection to SH (fans, students, players, family ties(?)  don't know.  so again in my opinion, if there is a school that has the inside track, in my opinion it's SHU. it's SHU and UCLA.

kob24

« Reply #1398 on: September 08, 2011, 09:07:44 AM »
jesus let the boy pick and be done with it. if he picks the johniees its will be a great look. if he doesnt lav will have a back up plan that would be alot of coaches first plan. it wont make or break sju.

Gumby

« Reply #1399 on: September 08, 2011, 09:12:06 AM »
Relax! 

What a strange mix of post visit emails.  They border on the bizarre.  I probably would have settled on a "great visit" and left it at that.  Any body notice KA's Mom's comments?  She named all the St. John's folks they met (what no Coach C.?).  Pretty impressive list!

Looks like Coach Lavin had a strategic plan and it worked.  Having Baron on campus demonstrated Coach's ability to get PGs into the NBA.  And quite frankly, that is what a guy with KA's abilities is looking for.

As I mentioned earlier, KA will make his decision based on which coach will best lead him to his ultimate goal- the NBA, and not having some college kids scream at him at a local BB game.

I liked the fact that Coach had kind words for the other schools.  They are good schools. I still say it comes down to us and UCLA (who I believe is in town this weekend for a home visit).

There is no question in my mind that KA and his Dad (and Mom) will pick us.  There is too much at stake for KA to risk his future on some maybes (SHU).

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:30:39 AM by Gumby »