Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #2100 on: September 18, 2011, 11:49:04 PM »
Wow mj...just wow.  You really find it impossible to believe that Kyle is still deciding. 

I suspect you're being condescending.  If, so then I wasn't the only poster who stated he had already made his decision.  By the way, I could've taken you to task on many occasions.  I'll digress (for now).

« Reply #2101 on: September 18, 2011, 11:55:06 PM »
The Latest rumor is that Kyle is having an in home of sorts with Seton Hall, UCLA, and Florida tomorrow night.

2 options.

These are the three that lead and he wants one more talk with all 3.

or

These are the three that he's cutting and he wants to tell them to his face that he won't be coming.

:)

If, that rumor has any truth to it then you can forget the latter.  I also doubt he and his family would have all those coaches come in again to tell them he's not coming to their respective schools.   

I'll also add that I think that scenario is crazy, if there is any truth to it.

Eric Bossi of Rivals is saying those 3 schools are in fact having in homes tomorrow.

Looks like we are out, kinda sucks we never got the chance to get at least 1 in home visit. Time to move on and get the next target

MCNPA

« Reply #2102 on: September 18, 2011, 11:55:37 PM »
Hearing good things tonight. Hold the course and let's see what happens.

MCNPA

« Reply #2103 on: September 18, 2011, 11:58:10 PM »
The Latest rumor is that Kyle is having an in home of sorts with Seton Hall, UCLA, and Florida tomorrow night.

2 options.

or

These are the three that he's cutting and he wants to tell them to his face that he won't be coming.

If, that rumor has any truth to it then you can forget the latter.  I also doubt he and his family would have all those coaches come in again to tell them he's not coming to their respective schools.   

Eric Bossi of Rivals is saying those 3 schools are in fact having in homes tomorrow.

Looks like we are out, kinda sucks we never got the chance to get at least 1 in home visit. Time to move on and get the next target

Why would the 3 have in-homes, yet all be in the race but we're out?  Does that make any sense?  don't be defeatist just yet.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:59:21 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #2104 on: September 19, 2011, 12:03:49 AM »

2 options.

or

Why would the 3 have in-homes, yet all be in the race but we're out?  Does that make any sense?  don't be defeatist just yet.

I took it as it was the 3 finalist but I may be wrong, what is your good news

« Reply #2105 on: September 19, 2011, 12:08:05 AM »
I really don't get what's going on.  What could possibly happen at these last in homes?  If he really doesn't know yet (and I personally think he does and has for a bit) then what is going to happen tomorrow to influence him?  If he's so unsure then why decide on Tuesday when he still has 4 officials (I think the only official one was to Florida)?  Is he doing this just to get it over with and make this deadline? 

I have no clue who he's going to pick and don't have any inside knowledge but I trust the posters on here who have said he was a strong lean to us for weeks.  The news this last week can't be the reason he's not coming because for all he knows they'll all be here at the worst next season.  Plus, I have no doubt that Lavin has gone to him about those 3 and explained the various scenarios he has planned out which can include Kyle teaming up with the players of his choice from his class. 

This whole recruitment has been confusing and it doesn't suprise me the least bit that it's gotten wackier these last few days.  I love all the talk of him going to Florida now when for weeks I've read people here say that this news would come out.  Did anyone really think he'd go visit UF and there wouldn't be rumors of him going there?  His family has done an amazing job keeping everyone in limbo and I honestly wouldn't be shocked to hear him go to any of the 5 schools.  Ok, I'm lying, at this point I think I'd be surprised if he did pick Georgetown, I'd give them like a 2% chance.

One last thing, how is this kid announcing this?  There is no way in hell after this whole ordeal he's going to do it quietly.  I know that might have been said but I just don't believe that to be the case.  It's just another bizarre twist that he hasn't disclosed where he will announce it and how.

Moose

« Reply #2106 on: September 19, 2011, 12:11:24 AM »
One last thing, how is this kid announcing this?  There is no way in hell after this whole ordeal he's going to do it quietly.  I know that might have been said but I just don't believe that to be the case.  It's just another bizarre twist that he hasn't disclosed where he will announce it and how.

He said he was just going to call the schools.  Not much big fanfare.  Maybe Zags gets scoop first or something but no big presser on ESPN or anything.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2107 on: September 19, 2011, 12:14:49 AM »

He said he was just going to call the schools.  Not much big fanfare.  Maybe Zags gets scoop first or something but no big presser on ESPN or anything.

I know he said that, I just find it hard to believe.  This has become very circuslike and I'd be surprised if it ended quietly. 

MCNPA

« Reply #2108 on: September 19, 2011, 12:15:16 AM »

2 options.

or

Why would it for certain be the 3 finalists if he set these visits a while ago?  Its nit like he scheduled them yesterday.

« Reply #2109 on: September 19, 2011, 12:21:13 AM »

2 options.

or

Why would it for certain be the 3 finalists if he set these visits a while ago?  Its nit like he scheduled them yesterday.

It may or may not be the 3 finalist but its hard to imagine he would have all 3 come in to visit right before he makes his decision with them not being the top 3. He has not had an in home with us and has had multiple with some schools. I hope your right but it seems that we may be on the outside looking in

Marillac

« Reply #2110 on: September 19, 2011, 12:38:12 AM »
I hope this kid stays in the Big East.

MCNPA

« Reply #2111 on: September 19, 2011, 12:43:37 AM »

2 options.

or

It may or may not be the 3 finalist but its hard to imagine he would have all 3 come in to visit right before he makes his decision with them not being the top 3. He has not had an in home with us and has had multiple with some schools. I hope your right but it seems that we may be on the outside looking in

What could these 3 schools possibly present in an in-home the day of his decision aside from a bag of cash(not implying anything), that would make him decide on the spot about one school over the other?  "Well, Howland really wore a nice suit today, I'm choosing UCLA"... "well, seton hall told me I could play the PG...wait...they told me that a thousand times already."  In-home visits the day of Kyles decision are fishy to me and I'm not a believer that it makes one of this schools the leader.  They've already pitched the Anderson's a dozen times.  If they need a visit the day of decision, I'm not sold that they are necessarily the top 3.  The andersons already knowmwhat they need to about all these schools for a while now.  It doesn't make sense,
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:46:12 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #2112 on: September 19, 2011, 12:51:04 AM »
In-home visits the day of Kyles decision are fishy to me

In-home visits from 3 different schools (meanwhile, two of the schools were there only a week ago) the day before his announcement does seems rather strange.  Hence, why I didn't necessarily believe it was happening when I read it, per the Florida "insider."

It doesn't make sense

No, it doesn't.

« Reply #2113 on: September 19, 2011, 01:16:49 AM »

Keep the good vibes coming...MSG, NYC and this ridiculous staff that NBA all stars like Kobe Bryant, Baron Davis, etc. still come to see is a lot to pass up

pmg911

« Reply #2114 on: September 19, 2011, 07:39:15 AM »
There is an open work out this afternoon that both UCLA & Florida will be attending.

The only in-home visit today is with Seton Hall.

I don't think SJU or Georgetown are even in the mix for this kid at this point. Everything I am hearing is that its is between SHU & UCLA and that UCLA is a slight leader heading into the SHU in-home tonight.

« Reply #2115 on: September 19, 2011, 08:51:15 AM »

My past experience is that when certain school have in-home visits the day before a prospect is to make their school destination decision, they are often the finalists and NOT the schools NOT making in-home visits.  (Just a thought (fwiw))

MCNPA

« Reply #2116 on: September 19, 2011, 09:07:48 AM »

My past experience is that when certain school have in-home visits the day before a prospect is to make their school destination decision, they are often the finalists and NOT the schools NOT making in-home visits.  (Just a thought (fwiw))

Norm had a lot of in-homes...  Jarvis too.  I think people are deducing this stuff out of just these in-homes.  The kid scheduled these in-homes a while back.  Not saying he won't commit ultimately somewhere else.  I just think we're more in the thick of it than many think.  I still think tomorrow might be a good day for us.

dR3w

« Reply #2117 on: September 19, 2011, 09:46:56 AM »
I think he's having all those coaches over so that he can get more birthday presents.   :idiot2:

« Reply #2118 on: September 19, 2011, 09:50:06 AM »
I think that Norm had the last in-home visit with Landesberg and even brought Louie and Father Harrington with him. The following day he committed to Virgina.

« Reply #2119 on: September 19, 2011, 10:06:22 AM »
Some of the posters here are starting to sound like me.  ;D