Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

Gumby

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #2120 on: September 19, 2011, 10:19:12 AM »
Dave,  I wished you had the technology to shut the KA site down for a day and show highlights of some of our great games from last year mixing in with soothing scenes like a babbling brook.  We all could use a break.

We (including me) certainly have over analyzed KA and his recruitment.  I believe like some of the other posters, that KA and his family had made up their minds some time ago, and were just doing some last minute due diligent checks to verify their decision.

How much stock do we put into no H/V for us?  How much stock do we put into all the SHU website stuff and the UCLA hoopla?  What effect was UF's IPad presentation?  Who the heck knows!

I thought all along that KA and his Dad just wanted to go to a team where he can play PG on a very good team and be primed to make a major splash in the NBA in a few years.  And , oh yes, play close to home!  All of that has not changed, so I am not impressed by all the misinformation being floated by supporters of the other three schools (what ever happened to Georgetown?).

What school can best support KA's dreams?  Only one, St. John's and Coach Lavin!

So be ready to celebrate on Tuesday, I know I am.

« Reply #2121 on: September 19, 2011, 10:21:02 AM »
Nate Blue on twitter saying UCLA seems to be the move. SH has a shot tonight. STJ 3rd.

MCNPA

« Reply #2122 on: September 19, 2011, 10:22:43 AM »
Nate Blue on twitter saying UCLA seems to be the move. SH has a shot tonight. STJ 3rd.

Yes, Willard is going to blow him away with his 58-66 record.  I'd understand him picking UCLA.  Want him to pick SJU of course. 

« Reply #2123 on: September 19, 2011, 10:27:58 AM »
MCNPA,

You seemed pretty confident last night. Has anything changed?

JM

mkras99

« Reply #2124 on: September 19, 2011, 10:29:20 AM »
Anyone think he's picking St. John's?  Marcus, you seem to be the only positive voice left. 

Gumby, you haven't overanalyzed Kyle's recruitment in the least bit.

kjd01067

« Reply #2125 on: September 19, 2011, 10:31:01 AM »
So ready for this recruitment to be over with.  At this point I really don't care where Anderson decides to go.  I will be happy if he chooses STJ but if he doesn't I will be happy this saga is over.  Hurry up and make a decision KA and put us all out of our misery

« Reply #2126 on: September 19, 2011, 10:33:42 AM »
So ready for this recruitment to be over with.  At this point I really don't care where Anderson decides to go.  I will be happy if he chooses STJ but if he doesn't I will be happy this saga is over.  Hurry up and make a decision KA and put us all out of our misery

My sentiments, exactly at this point.

Gumby

« Reply #2127 on: September 19, 2011, 10:36:08 AM »
What I cannot understand is why SHU is still in the hunt?  They would seem not to have any of the prerequisites that KA and His Dad were looking for- winning Coach, who has sent players to the NBA, the ability to be made KA ready for the NBA (like Rico), solid team, etc.

If it is only because SHU is in NJ then the final teams should have been SHU, Rutgers, FDU, Monmouth, and does Stevens Institute still have a team.

I noticed tweeters tend to change their tweet hot team for KA more often than they change their underwear.  Dave, can I say that on this site?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:36:40 AM by Gumby »

NYCoffey

« Reply #2128 on: September 19, 2011, 10:41:27 AM »

It's funny. A guy on the Seton Hall Board said his very connected sources told him that it's UCLA first, Seton Hall Second and St. Johns 3rd. I guess Nate Blues twitter is his source that is close to the situation. It a lot of people just get there info form somebodies twitter and acts like he's working the phones all night coming up with a scoop. I am taking everything as speculation and hoping for the best. I can't wait for this to be over.

« Reply #2129 on: September 19, 2011, 10:43:01 AM »
Anyone think he's picking St. John's?  Marcus, you seem to be the only positive voice left. 

Gumby, you haven't overanalyzed Kyle's recruitment in the least bit.

I dont think anyone knows for sure, but I dont think he is coming here. I think us and Georgetown are on the bottom of the list and I believe he will choose UCLA. Lets hope i'm wrong

TheVig

« Reply #2130 on: September 19, 2011, 10:43:30 AM »
Hopefully, he is going to thank Willard tonight for recruiting him and explain that the team is just not talented enough yet. I feel like KA is too smart of a kid and has too many good people around him to choose SHU, because they are the only school that would be a bad choice (IMO). I also am hoping that he sits down and weighs his options and realizes that SJU offers a lot of the same positives that UCLA and Florida do AND he can play close to home. But if he does choose UCLA or UF it just says to me that he is a lot more comfortable away from home than people thought and they probably did a better job recruiting him than SJU. But seriously, this recruitment has occupied way too much of my time and I am also ready for it to be over!

« Reply #2131 on: September 19, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »
Hopefully, he is going to thank Willard tonight for recruiting him and explain that the team is just not talented enough yet. I feel like KA is too smart of a kid and has too many good people around him to choose SHU, because they are the only school that would be a bad choice (IMO). I also am hoping that he sits down and weighs his options and realizes that SJU offers a lot of the same positives that UCLA and Florida do AND he can play close to home. But if he does choose UCLA or UF it just says to me that he is a lot more comfortable away from home than people thought and they probably did a better job recruiting him than SJU. But seriously, this recruitment has occupied way too much of my time and I am also ready for it to be over!

Would you stick around in the metro area--by choosing the Johnnies--and be tarred and feathered by that odd-looking group from the Hall?  LOL 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:46:52 AM by mjdinkins »

pmg911

« Reply #2132 on: September 19, 2011, 10:52:21 AM »
To play Devil's Advocate for a minute...

Maybe the kid is just loyal to his hometown team and in this case, SHU is the hometown team. The kid has deep ties to NJ and NJ basketball.

For years we ripped kid after kid from NYC who shunned us to go to other schools and now the shoe is possibly on the other foot because we are clearly the better choice for basketball but yet "people can't understand".
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:56:06 AM by pmg911 »

Moose

« Reply #2133 on: September 19, 2011, 10:55:06 AM »
To play Devil's Advocate for a minute...

Maybe the kid is just loyal to his hometown team and in this case, SHU is the hometown team. The kid has deep ties to NJ and NJ basketball.

For years we ripped kid after kid who shunned us to go to other schools and now the shoe is possibly on the other foot because we are clearly the better choice for basketball but yet "people can't understand".

Probably because none of those hometown boys stayed and played for us.  I don't think the reaction/logic is that outlandish.  Its sports, its fandom.  Its how people react.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2134 on: September 19, 2011, 11:30:20 AM »
Possible scenario if indeed SH UCLA FL have last day in home visits-he favors ST J and is giving these 3 schools one last chance to convince him otherwise. In any case I hope FL sends Norm so as to doom their chances.

Gumby

« Reply #2135 on: September 19, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »
I am all for home town loyalty on the part of HS players staying nearby (in NJ) to play their college ball.  However, KA is a top 5 recruit.  He is special, thus he needs a school that can prepare him for the battles he will face in a few years when he is in the NBA.  I just think SHU and their coach will not get him to that next plateau, especially when you look at who else is in the recruiting mix.  As far as NJ schools, Rutgers may have been a better NJ choice.

Any way, I like the tweeter who said that we were in 3rd place.  Do we get an autographed jersey from KA for 3rd place?

Seriously, we will prevail on Tuesday!  KA to St. John's!!!

« Reply #2136 on: September 19, 2011, 11:37:27 AM »
Nate Blue is very well connected so I hear. If he's saying UCLA, while he was one of the last saying we had a shot, I gotta believe he's right.

« Reply #2137 on: September 19, 2011, 11:40:33 AM »
Nobody knows what this kid is thinking.  Any speculation is not based on fact.  He could literally go to any one of the 5 schools and I would not be surprised.  The rumors have changed so much over the last few days that at this point I'd be a little scared if we were rumored to be in the lead because tomorrow the news would likely change.

« Reply #2138 on: September 19, 2011, 12:05:53 PM »
Craziest recruitment outside of Terrence Jones that I have ever followed.  Give the kid and his camp credit, they have kept everyone on their toes and no real definitive leak is out there one day before he commits.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #2139 on: September 19, 2011, 12:40:45 PM »
Craziest recruitment outside of Terrence Jones that I have ever followed.  Give the kid and his camp credit, they have kept everyone on their toes and no real definitive leak is out there one day before he commits.

Give the kid and his camp credit for what, creating a circus like atmosphere?  Give me a break. The atmosphere that is being created here is that this kid is more important then the schools/programs themselves.  :P