Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies
Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »
good to see he has an extensive vocabulary. hope he can play better than he can form a complete sentence

He was just waiting for Neal to respond ....St. John's so he kept repeating We Are...
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

derk

« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2011, 04:20:33 PM »
good to see he has an extensive vocabulary. hope he can play better than he can form a complete sentence

Jeez cut the kid some slack. Couldn't you see he was just kidding around.

DFF6

« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2011, 08:12:54 PM »
Pelle's seemingly lackadaisical attitude is slightly concerning to me.  I hope it's a West Coast thing.   He reminds me of Zendon Hamilton--lanky and athletic.  Zendon never bulked up to bang under the boards, but if Pelle has a similar college career, then he's worth the hype.

MCNPA

« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2011, 09:19:10 PM »
Pelle's seemingly lackadaisical attitude is slightly concerning to me.  I hope it's a West Coast thing.   He reminds me of Zendon Hamilton--lanky and athletic.  Zendon never bulked up to bang under the boards, but if Pelle has a similar college career, then he's worth the hype.

Yup he's tall and thin... must be the same as Zendon.  He's black too, maybe that means they are even more alike... ::)  Give the kid to get into the college system, practice and play first before you judge a few youtube clips.  Kids mature plenty.  Our biggest star Chris Mullin was an alcoholic wild-man in his days at SJU.  Many others were even worse.  Give him time here at SJU before he gets judgement handed down.

DFF6

« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2011, 09:48:51 PM »

Yup he's tall and thin... must be the same as Zendon.  He's black too, maybe that means they are even more alike... ::)  Give the kid to get into the college system, practice and play first before you judge a few youtube clips.  Kids mature plenty.  Our biggest star Chris Mullin was an alcoholic wild-man in his days at SJU.  Many others were even worse.  Give him time here at SJU before he gets judgement handed down.

Hey, take an anger management pill.  Comparing Pelle to Hamilton was meant as a compliment.  I just graduated SJU when Zendon was a freshman, and watching the clips of Pelle reminds me of a young Hamilton.  At this stage of the game, most of us are commenting on  these boards because it's fun to speculate how good these kids will be until the season kicks off.

« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2011, 10:51:12 PM »
Well Zendon wasn't known for being the sharpest tool in the shed so I didn't really read it as a compliment either when you referred to his "lackadaisical attitude"

Perhaps we'll chalk it up to poor phrasing if it wasn't intended to be as critical. The guy who interviewed him, Neal is a fun guy, they were obviously palling around. There are other videos of Pelle out there where he is in a more serious atmosphere.

Regardless I can't wait to see him and Polee catching oops all day. We have to think of a cool nickname for the pair.

DFF6

« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2011, 11:27:21 PM »
Well Zendon wasn't known for being the sharpest tool in the shed so I didn't really read it as a compliment either when you referred to his "lackadaisical attitude"

Perhaps we'll chalk it up to poor phrasing if it wasn't intended to be as critical. The guy who interviewed him, Neal is a fun guy, they were obviously palling around. There are other videos of Pelle out there where he is in a more serious atmosphere.

Regardless I can't wait to see him and Polee catching oops all day. We have to think of a cool nickname for the pair.

Wasn't commenting on Pelle's intelligence, or Hamilton's for that matter,  just their playing style.   Pelle's upside seems ridiculous, and I just hope we can see him achieve it.  I'll start thinking about a nickname for Pelle/Polee.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 12:01:29 AM by DFF6 »

Marillac

« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2011, 01:24:47 PM »
Pelle seems like the type of kid  that needs to have a close relationship with a coach that constantly pushes him and I think he and Dunlap are going to hit it off. 

kjd01067

« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2011, 12:38:13 PM »
Norvel is the #1 center in the country according to rivals!!!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/stjohns/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2427

« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2011, 06:33:51 PM »
Norvel is the #1 center in the country according to rivals!!!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/stjohns/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2427

Wow Next year is going to be a continuation of uprising of this Program!!!!!

« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2011, 01:45:12 AM »
Norvel Pelle Brings his Hollywood Talent to St. Johns

From the City of Angels hails another shining star who is making his way to the bright lights of New York City.

Norvel Pelle of Price High School (CA) joins Amir Garrett and Dwayne Polee II as the third recruit from the Golden State to come to Queens in Steve Lavin’s one full year with St. John’s.

Pelle began his high school career at Dominguez (CA), famous for alumni like Dallas Mavericks’ center Tyson Chandler and Milwaukee Bucks’ Brandon Jennings, before transferring to Price. The 6’10” Pelle is bringing his long, lanky frame to the Red Storm, a team for which he believes the sky is the limit.

“I picked [St. John’s] because I felt it would be a perfect situation,” said Pelle. “Having a whole new team and a new coaching staff, we would have a chance to rebuild St. John’s.”

Continue Reading Below

http://johnnyjungle.com/columns/over-the-airwaves/norvel-pelle-brings-his-hollywood-talent-to-st-johns/

« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2011, 09:41:23 PM »
surprised no chatter on Norvel's comments

« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2011, 10:02:12 PM »
pelle is the biggest suprise coming into next season for me. He could really make us a legitimate threat if he can board and block shots at a big east level.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »
pelle is the biggest suprise coming into next season for me. He could really make us a legitimate threat if he can board and block shots at a big east level.

A young Patrick Ewing?

« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2011, 10:17:49 PM »
The first thing I thought when I saw his video was Kevin Garnett.  Definitely reminds me of a young KG.  Hopefully he is half the player Garnett was and we'll have a good one.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2011, 11:20:54 PM »

A young Patrick Ewing?

i dont see ewing as much as i see garnett. Hes got more of that body

« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2011, 11:26:09 PM »

A young Patrick Ewing?

« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2011, 11:32:56 PM »
haha you got me there baldi

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2011, 11:47:15 AM »

A young Patrick Ewing?

At risk of ogling a dude's physique too much... I think Norvel is skinnier in his frame than young Ewing, from the videos and photos that are out there.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:47:37 AM by peter »

« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2011, 12:33:31 PM »
Anyone know what his story is? I read the recent article here and I know he switched high schools. I think I remember hearing part of the reason he committed to St. John's was he wanted to go far away from home because of problems he had there. I've also been following him on twitter and he seems to have some pretty negative comments. For example:

"Alot of fake ppl keep surrounding me man I need to go get out of here"

"If only ppl knew wht is goin on in my life. But its all goid dnt need no one being sorry for me."