« Reply #803 on: September 15, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »
"really spending" ha

Any hint on the big man commit?

Quadri Moore  I would assume.

You assume correct !

Nice hearing from you again Happy!

Re: Isaiah Whitehead - SG - Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #804 on: September 15, 2013, 09:53:54 PM »
Believe it or not told by a source that SJU is "in the driver's seat" for Whitehead.

boo3

« Reply #805 on: September 15, 2013, 10:00:31 PM »
Believe it or not told by a source that SJU is "in the driver's seat" for Whitehead.

I believe it...  Never doubt Lavin on the trail..

« Reply #806 on: September 15, 2013, 10:08:37 PM »
Lavin truly seems to work at his own pace.  If he can get whitehead than that will be his best recruiting job to date IMO. I don't think he'd be the best player he's gotten, not sure if he'd even be the second best, but to convince him to come while having this many talented guards on the roster would be something else.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:12:15 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #807 on: September 15, 2013, 10:18:37 PM »
From day one Lavin has always been about personal relationships, seeing a fit and then seeing if there is mutual interest.

That is how he recruits.

« Reply #808 on: September 15, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »
If we get him it would mean Lavin played it perfectly and if we don't it would seem at this point that there was nothing we could do or were not willing to do something Whitehead wanted like guaranteeing a started job. Would love to land him as he looks like a legit 5 star who as frosh could compete with Dlo for pt and probably share time at the 2 and maybe get a few minutes at pg. Would be 4 g rotation of Jamal, Dlo, Sheed and Whitehead which would be awesome and in college you can win with guards and 3 pt shooting and all 4 are 3pt threats (maybe Jamal not so much although maybe in has and will improve). Hope I am not getting excited for nothing.  :)

redslope

« Reply #809 on: September 15, 2013, 10:38:41 PM »
Hey Students--show Isaiah the love and really welcome him to campus; let him know he is wanted and that this is where he should be!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:38:58 PM by redslope »

MCNPA

« Reply #810 on: September 15, 2013, 11:19:51 PM »
Good to hear all this info.  Let's land this kid and move on to forwards!

Marillac

« Reply #811 on: September 16, 2013, 12:04:15 AM »
Very happy to read this.  I actually feel we are in a great position for recruiting.  We have the core of top 100 kids in place and we don't need three studs.  Of course, that is always nice :)

Whitehead's list doesn't scare me at all.  The only program that is clearly better is Indiana, and I can't think of too many New Yorkers that have take the road to Bloomington. 

gman

« Reply #812 on: September 16, 2013, 07:23:12 AM »

Good to hear.  Word for a long time is that his mom wanted him local.  This is Lavin's chance to make a big time push!

« Reply #813 on: September 16, 2013, 07:41:45 AM »
Amaseinyourface2, which players would you say were better than Whitehead at this point? Not being facetious, asking a legit question. By a pure "rankings" (yahoo, scout) stand point, I don't think anyone Lavin has recruited is even close. However, admittedly, I have not watched enough tape on him to really know where he really stands.

Poison

« Reply #814 on: September 16, 2013, 08:26:56 AM »
Amaseinyourface2, which players would you say were better than Whitehead at this point? Not being facetious, asking a legit question. By a pure "rankings" (yahoo, scout) stand point, I don't think anyone Lavin has recruited is even close. However, admittedly, I have not watched enough tape on him to really know where he really stands.

Harkless, Harrison and probably Jordan are better than him. Also, he's a NYC kid, so it's more than likely that he's overrated.

MCNPA

« Reply #815 on: September 16, 2013, 09:26:57 AM »

Harkless, Harrison and probably Jordan are better than him. Also, he's a NYC kid, so it's more than likely that he's overrated.

I don't think any of those things are true.  Can't really compare him to Harkless because they play different positions totally, but Whitehead is a stud.

« Reply #816 on: September 16, 2013, 09:33:49 AM »

I don't think any of those things are true.  Can't really compare him to Harkless because they play different positions totally, but Whitehead is a stud.
in the event we get whitehead and everyone to eligible return does so, we'd have arguably the deepest backcourt in the country.  that is how you win games in march.

« Reply #817 on: September 16, 2013, 09:53:26 AM »

I was thinking Harkless and Jordan, possibly Harrison too.  And though whitehead is ranked higher than them at this point it is wrong to say that they weren't even close, Jordan finished this year as the 17th best recruit in the country, and Harkless and harrison were pretty underrated considering their college production. Just my opinion though and not trying to knock whitehead at all, that game he had in the elite 24 was phenomenal and I would absolutely love to have him.

Poison

« Reply #818 on: September 16, 2013, 10:19:11 AM »

I was thinking Harkless and Jordan, possibly Harrison too.  And though whitehead is ranked higher than them at this point it is wrong to say that they weren't even close, Jordan finished this year as the 17th best recruit in the country, and Harkless and harrison were pretty underrated considering their college production. Just my opinion though and not trying to knock whitehead at all, that game he had in the elite 24 was phenomenal and I would absolutely love to have him.

It's not where they are ranked, it's what level they play at when they arrive. Harkless played at a top 5 level. He should have been ranked #5 in the nation as an incoming freshman. Unless Whitehead puts up 22 ppg, rebounds, passes and defends, it's no contest.

I like Pointer, but he was ranked in the mid 30s. That was incorrect.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:19:46 AM by Poison »

« Reply #819 on: September 16, 2013, 10:23:03 AM »

It's not where they are ranked, it's what level they play at when they arrive. Harkless played at a top 5 level. He should have been ranked #5 in the nation as an incoming freshman. Unless Whitehead puts up 22 ppg, rebounds, passes and defends, it's no contest.

I like Pointer, but he was ranked in the mid 30s. That was incorrect.

Exactly what I eluded to.