Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA - KENTUCKY

• 199 replies

Moose

Re: Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2011, 08:52:33 AM »
I know its the "Dead Period"  (through May 27) so no visits this week, but its got to be positive
 that he didnt verbal yet to any of the 1st 4 he visited 2 weeks ago.

Him and his mother have visited campus before under less formal conditions.  They don't need to go back.

For the record: I want BOTH Jevon and Ryan if possible.

Assume for the sake of discussion Momo is out of the picture. Also assume that if we could get Harrow but it would cost us Jevon (just speculating from Jevon's tweet a few weeks back), would you take Harrow or stick with Jevon?

Take Harrow.  What's the worst case scenario?  We end up with a 5-star PG in Harrow?  What's the best case scenario?  We end up with two highly ranked guards.  There's no way to insulate players and isolate them from all competition.  Lindsey will be an upperclassmen when Jevon arrives and likely won't be here very long.  Then it's just Jevon and Harrow.  Greene will be backing up Harrison at the 2.  Not overcrowded.

Does Harrow push away Kyle who instead of Nuri as a Sr now sees him AND a 5 star soph who just sat out a year looking to play point as well.  Something has to give if we get Harrow.  I think either Jevon and/or Kyle gets pushed.
Remember who broke the Slice news

DFF6

« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2011, 08:54:48 AM »
I know its the "Dead Period"  (through May 27) so no visits this week, but its got to be positive

Him and his mother have visited campus before under less formal conditions.  They don't need to go back.

Assume for the sake of discussion Momo is out of the picture. Also assume that if we could get Harrow but it would cost us Jevon (just speculating from Jevon's tweet a few weeks back), would you take Harrow or stick with Jevon?

Take Harrow.  What's the worst case scenario?  We end up with a 5-star PG in Harrow?  What's the best case scenario?  We end up with two highly ranked guards.  There's no way to insulate players and isolate them from all competition.  Lindsey will be an upperclassmen when Jevon arrives and likely won't be here very long.  Then it's just Jevon and Harrow.  Greene will be backing up Harrison at the 2.  Not overcrowded.

Does Harrow push away Kyle who instead of Nuri as a Sr now sees him AND a 5 star soph who just sat out a year looking to play point as well.  Something has to give if we get Harrow.  I think either Jevon and/or Kyle gets pushed.

Doesn't Jevon have the same effect on Kyle?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:55:27 AM by DFF6 »

MCNPA

« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2011, 09:03:11 AM »

Regardless Moose, I still don't think that Kyle Anderson is a PG in college.  Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.  Why Harrow would drive off two players like Anderson and Jevon is beyond me.  If so, well then we push for Gathers and there are others that suit us just as well.  We're not in a position any more where we need any one player to make us a real good team.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:12:07 AM by MCNPA »

Moose

« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2011, 09:16:07 AM »

Regardless Moose, I still don't think that Kyle Anderson is a PG in college.  Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.  Why Harrow would drive off two players like Anderson and Jevon is beyond me.  If so, well then we push for Gathers and there are others that suit us just as well.  We're not in a position any more where we need any one player to make us a real good team.

It's pretty clear Kyle wants to run point in some capacity in college.  Yes we can have Kyle and another PG kind of like Thunder and Lightning RB tandem. 

We already see Jevon getting possibly annoyed with the number of guards.  When the number of guards are close in class and experience its worse I think.  I would pack it up and go to war with the guys we have now.  Hold off on any other players.  Go into 2012 with a number of possibilities and options and some scholarship flexibility.

MCNPA

« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2011, 09:28:18 AM »

It's pretty clear Kyle wants to run point in some capacity in college.  Yes we can have Kyle and another PG kind of like Thunder and Lightning RB tandem. 

We already see Jevon getting possibly annoyed with the number of guards.  When the number of guards are close in class and experience its worse I think.  I would pack it up and go to war with the guys we have now.  Hold off on any other players.  Go into 2012 with a number of possibilities and options and some scholarship flexibility.

Moose, we have the same options.  Only difference is that we have a 5-star top 35 PG already enrolled and learning the system and gaining strength for a year.  To tell the truth, it positions Harrow as well as SJU to be a very strong position entering 2012.  I'll take the top talent right now like Harrow, and groom him for a year with still 3 years eligibility remaining.  Not much better scenario than that.  I still want Jevon here, and it should have little bearing on Kyle.  Jevon is still not nearly a lock to be qualified in 2012.  I love what Harrow brings to the table.  If we can nab a guy like that now, and have him working with the team this season, it is fantastic.

« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2011, 10:15:39 AM »
See Zags:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/24/harrow-to-decide-this-week/

Who do you think it's going to be Fordham?

Honestly I have no clue.

I will guess and say Georgia just to be different.  Because when he first announced his transfer the rumor was that UK was the choice.

Then SJU with his mom seemed to be the destination.  Then he had this great trip to Louisville.  Texas seems out with Gibbs.

So just to be different I'll say Georgia but I don't know.

gonzalo

« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2011, 10:22:05 AM »

I would pack it up and go to war with the guys we have now.  Hold off on any other players.  Go into 2012 with a number of possibilities and options and some scholarship flexibility.

I completely agree.

« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2011, 10:33:17 AM »
If Momo is a definite NO and Harrow says no then I agree.

Go with 10 and then try to bring in a class of JT, RG and possbily KA.

« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2011, 10:43:13 AM »

I would pack it up and go to war with the guys we have now.  Hold off on any other players.  Go into 2012 with a number of possibilities and options and some scholarship flexibility.

I completely agree.

Me, too.

Moose

« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2011, 11:29:21 AM »
See Zags:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/24/harrow-to-decide-this-week/

Who do you think it's going to be Fordham?

Honestly I have no clue.

I will guess and say Georgia just to be different.  Because when he first announced his transfer the rumor was that UK was the choice.

Then SJU with his mom seemed to be the destination.  Then he had this great trip to Louisville.  Texas seems out with Gibbs.

So just to be different I'll say Georgia but I don't know.

I think Texas is out.  Plus they are expecting that La Tech kid to transfer in today I believe.

I think Lville is out because of their 32 scholarships.

Down to UK, UGA and us.  UGA thought they had him because he was their 'last' visit and it went really well.  So I would go UGA as well.

NYCoffey

« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2011, 11:35:10 AM »
It also sounds like he stayed in Georgia after the visit and is still there according to the Zags article. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Georgia.

« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2011, 11:36:10 AM »
Don't forget regarding Louisville and Georgia.  Both are still recruiting one time Tennessee commit Kevin Ware, a combo guard.

Moose

« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »
It also sounds like he stayed in Georgia after the visit and is still there according to the Zags article. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Georgia.

GA is his home state so I don't think him staying there means anything.

NYCoffey

« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2011, 11:50:31 AM »
that is very true. I forgot he was from Georgia. Having Marrietta, GA  next to his name should have given it away.

« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2011, 12:00:37 PM »

I completely agree.

Me, too.
same here. I'd like to see minimum two bigs on board for 2012...more big men, more big men...

« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2011, 12:07:58 PM »

I agree with this. And honestly, if Jevon's going to leave if we get Harrow or Momo, and is not going to embrace competition like the rest of our recruits, I'm not sure he is cut out for one of Lavin's teams anyway. Because you can bet, Lavin's not going to stop recruiting top ranked PG's in fear of Jevon leaving. Nothing against the kid, it's just if that's his line of thinking, perhaps he's better off at a MAAC school, where he is guaranteed the starting job for 4 years. I hope that Jevon can learn to embrace the competition, and become an even better player, and stay with St. John's for his career. 

« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2011, 12:56:21 PM »
Evan Daniels of scout is reporting SJU is out of the mix.  See below:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1074387.html

After announcing his decision to leave N.C. State, Harrow spent the past few weeks embarking on a visit-fest that included trips to Georgia, Louisville, Kentucky and Texas. Originally he was set to visit Saint John’s as well, but he canceled the trip and dropped them from his list.

“I’m done with all of my trips and I feel like every school has something good to offer,” Harrow said. “I have a big decision to make and I have to figure out what is best for me.”

Petey

« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »
Evan Daniels of scout is reporting SJU is out of the mix.  See below:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1074387.html

After announcing his decision to leave N.C. State, Harrow spent the past few weeks embarking on a visit-fest that included trips to Georgia, Louisville, Kentucky and Texas. Originally he was set to visit Saint John’s as well, but he canceled the trip and dropped them from his list.

“I’m done with all of my trips and I feel like every school has something good to offer,” Harrow said. “I have a big decision to make and I have to figure out what is best for me.”
I wonder if Ryan Harrow dropped STJ from his list because he thought MoMo Jones was coming here. Now that it sounds like MoMo will be unable to transfer to STJ, I wonder if this helps STJ in trying to get Harrow.