Mike Marra
Angel Nunez
Zach Price
Peyton Siva
Russ Smith- likely transfer
Jared Swopshire
Stephan Van Treese
Chris Smith - walk on

That leaves as little as 12 (assuming both smiths don't count towards the 13). So they might have room

Pretty sure Smith was a walk on previously but wasn't last year.
Remember who broke the Slice news

redslope

Re: Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2011, 10:22:41 AM »
Re louisville - they appear to have:

Chane Behanan
Wayne Blackshear
Rakeem Buckles
Gorgui Dieng
Luke Hancock
Kyle Kuric
Mike Marra
Angel Nunez
Zach Price
Peyton Siva
Jared Swopshire
Stephan Van Treese
Chris Smith - walk on

That leaves as little as 12 (assuming both smiths don't count towards the 13). So they might have room

Don't they also have Mark Jackson's kid who sat out last year to get in better shape?

Moose

« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2011, 10:26:06 AM »
Re louisville - they appear to have:

Chane Behanan
Wayne Blackshear
Rakeem Buckles
Gorgui Dieng
Luke Hancock
Kyle Kuric
Mike Marra
Angel Nunez
Zach Price
Peyton Siva
Jared Swopshire
Stephan Van Treese
Chris Smith - walk on

Don't they also have Mark Jackson's kid who sat out last year to get in better shape?

Yes but he was walking on I think.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2011, 02:13:52 PM »
I know its the "Dead Period"  (through May 27) so no visits this week, but its got to be positive
 that he didnt verbal yet to any of the 1st 4 he visited 2 weeks ago.

Molloy '71

« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2011, 04:47:34 PM »
His Mom said they would decide by the end of the month. Any chance coach gets a visit from him this weekend before he makes a decision?

sju89tr

« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2011, 05:54:03 PM »
I have a hunch we are not out of the mix for him.

« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2011, 06:01:54 PM »
I have a hunch we are not out of the mix for him.

We aren't.

« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »
Question for KOB or anyone else who has seen either play. If you had a choice of getting Harrow ( and risk possibly losing Jevon ) or just waiting a year for Jevon to come in 2012 which would you prefer

TONYD3

« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2011, 09:33:49 PM »
I have never seen either harrow or Jevon play. However harrow seems to be ranked much higher. He would also be older and more experienced.

« Reply #149 on: May 23, 2011, 09:44:29 PM »
I know its the "Dead Period"  (through May 27) so no visits this week, but its got to be positive

Him and his mother have visited campus before under less formal conditions.  They don't need to go back.

For the record: I want BOTH Jevon and Ryan if possible.

kob24

« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2011, 09:49:27 PM »
im hearing kentucky

« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2011, 10:10:59 PM »
im hearing kentucky

Yesterday I heard UK or Georgia.  Now I am hearing UK or SJU.  Can't get a read.

It appears he is going to decide Thurs or Friday per his mom.  This is per UK Rivals site from today:

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1224673

Despite not visiting there, Harrow continues to consider St. John's, his mom said, and has spoken to Red Storm coach Steve Lavin on the phone.

Fern Harrow grew up in Queens, N.Y., and said she is familiar with the St. John's campus and academic programs.

"It was good visits at all of the schools, and in my opinion, he can't go wrong with any of the five," she said.

Poison

« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2011, 10:48:24 PM »
"It was good visits at all of the schools"

Yikes lady.

« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2011, 11:16:46 PM »
I still want this kid real bad
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2011, 12:07:05 AM »
I still want this kid real bad

Me too.  He'd be insurance for either Nuri leaving or Jevon not qualifying.  He really wouldn't create a logjam of any sort.  He would certainly add another high caliber PG to the roster that has the type of game that fits this system extremely well.

wpc77

« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2011, 12:16:09 AM »
my kentucky friend, who is a booster, said that, as of mid-day today, they had heard nothing from harrow

MCNPA

« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2011, 12:20:32 AM »
my kentucky friend, who is a booster, said that, as of mid-day today, they had heard nothing from harrow

My gut actually tells me it will be SJU, especially considering Polee leaving and as of this season we have 3 higher level guards on the roster, but only one true PG in Stith, who I don't think will garner that many minutes after this season.  Perfect year to offer out Polee's unused ship on a 5-star transfer.  I think that with Harrow's family being from Queens, affinity for SJU and the attractiveness of SJU at this point, it might just tip the scales in our favor.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:22:44 AM by MCNPA »

DFF6

« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2011, 06:39:19 AM »

Him and his mother have visited campus before under less formal conditions.  They don't need to go back.

Assume for the sake of discussion Momo is out of the picture. Also assume that if we could get Harrow but it would cost us Jevon (just speculating from Jevon's tweet a few weeks back), would you take Harrow or stick with Jevon? 

MCNPA

« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »

Assume for the sake of discussion Momo is out of the picture. Also assume that if we could get Harrow but it would cost us Jevon (just speculating from Jevon's tweet a few weeks back), would you take Harrow or stick with Jevon?

Take Harrow.  What's the worst case scenario?  We end up with a 5-star PG in Harrow?  What's the best case scenario?  We end up with two highly ranked guards.  There's no way to insulate players and isolate them from all competition.  Lindsey will be an upperclassmen when Jevon arrives and likely won't be here very long.  Then it's just Jevon and Harrow.  Greene will be backing up Harrison at the 2.  Not overcrowded.

DFF6

« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2011, 08:14:47 AM »

Take Harrow.  What's the worst case scenario?  We end up with a 5-star PG in Harrow?  What's the best case scenario?  We end up with two highly ranked guards.  There's no way to insulate players and isolate them from all competition.  Lindsey will be an upperclassmen when Jevon arrives and likely won't be here very long.  Then it's just Jevon and Harrow.  Greene will be backing up Harrison at the 2.  Not overcrowded.

Can't argue with your logic.