“@sheedjordan: When I win 2mar ima commit.”

What if he loses?

Chilleb

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #581 on: January 07, 2013, 01:25:09 PM »
Blah, Blah, Blah

“@sheedjordan: When I win 2mar ima commit.”

What if he loses?
If he's gnna choose a school in that type of setting ( probably big crowd/ big game) gotta think it's temple. Committing to st johns or UCLA over temple in a hostile home grown environment just dosent make much sense

« Reply #582 on: January 07, 2013, 01:44:43 PM »
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/8820361/kentucky-reaching-fab-five-status-jabari-parker-more

3. Jordan trims list

ESPN 100 prospect Rysheed Jordan (Philadelphia/Vaux Roberts) is the highest-rated senior point guard remaining on the board. Now the Philadelphia playmaker has to decide if he wants to be a Philly point, Los Angeles kid or adopted son of New York City.

By narrowing his list to St. John's, Temple and UCLA, that means he has a Pac-12 school, a soon-to-be Big East college and a member of the "Catholic 7." Jordan pretty much has all his bases covered, including both coasts.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

"All could use him, and I think he would help those guys," Jordan's summer coach, Kamal Yard, said. "He wants the best situation to where he can put himself in a position to take care of his family. For him, it's a situation where he's going to play right away and audition himself to see if he can make some money playing this game he loves."

Moose

« Reply #583 on: January 07, 2013, 01:46:33 PM »
Oh goodie.  Another player already publicly commenting on the next level.  We shouldn't sew numbers on the jerseys.  They won't last long.  Duct tape might be better.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #584 on: January 07, 2013, 01:50:39 PM »
Seems like wherever he winds up he is going to be looking for his numbers from Day 1.

« Reply #585 on: January 07, 2013, 01:52:48 PM »
Seems like wherever he winds up he is going to be looking for his numbers from Day 1.

if that's the case, he's not going to get it here (unless DLo leaves) and he's definitely not getting that at UCLA.

Temple it is.

Moose

« Reply #586 on: January 07, 2013, 01:55:15 PM »

5 spots, 200 minutes, 1 ball

(This is my new saying)

desco80

« Reply #587 on: January 07, 2013, 01:55:21 PM »
Temple has the clearest route to playing time.   UCLA signed that Lavine kid, and we've got Branch.   I'm not saying Jordan wouldn't eventually start over J Branch, but it's not a sure thing.

If the Rysheed wants to be groomed for the NBA, I think he picks us, if he wants immediate playing time he's staying in Philly. 

Moose

« Reply #588 on: January 07, 2013, 01:56:03 PM »

if that's the case, he's not going to get it here (unless DLo leaves) and he's definitely not getting that at UCLA.

Temple it is.

Unless he knows..........

desco80

« Reply #589 on: January 07, 2013, 01:56:46 PM »

Temple it is.

Unless he knows..........

That indeed changes everything. 

Chilleb

« Reply #590 on: January 07, 2013, 01:58:53 PM »
Temple has the clearest route to playing time.   UCLA signed that Lavine kid, and we've got Branch.   I'm not saying Jordan wouldn't eventually start over J Branch, but it's not a sure thing.

If the Rysheed wants to be groomed for the NBA, I think he picks us, if he wants immediate playing time he's staying in Philly.

Easiest route to playing time ? He starts from day 1 here have you not seen our inability to create and horrendous point guard play. Remember the kid is like dom's height at 6'5 he can defend the wing and ply the point,you guys don't think Harrison would welcome some help carrying the scoring burden and being the only go to guy

Chilleb

« Reply #591 on: January 07, 2013, 02:00:52 PM »
With or without d'lo he starts from day 1. Name one guard besides d'lo who's more talented than him

« Reply #592 on: January 07, 2013, 02:02:53 PM »
With or without d'lo he starts from day 1. Name one guard besides d'lo who's more talented than him

Agree.  Start harrison sheed and branch w/ lawrence and obekpa after jakarr gets drafted 18th overall.

desco80

« Reply #593 on: January 07, 2013, 02:04:16 PM »

Easiest route to playing time ? He starts from day 1 here have you not seen our inability to create and horrendous point guard play. Remember the kid is like dom's height at 6'5 he can defend the wing and ply the point,you guys don't think Harrison would welcome some help carrying the scoring burden and being the only go to guy

He's that much better than Branch with 2 years in the system?  hands down?    I'll take your word for it Chilleb.   
No question our point guard play has been horrific, so any help would be welcome. 

Chilleb

« Reply #594 on: January 07, 2013, 02:05:12 PM »

Agree.  Start harrison sheed and branch w/ lawrence and obekpa after jakarr gets drafted 18th overall.
At this point I think the GM's are more interested in obekpa than karr at this point

Chilleb

« Reply #595 on: January 07, 2013, 02:09:28 PM »

He's that much better than Branch with 2 years in the system?  hands down?    I'll take your word for it Chilleb.   
No question our point guard play has been horrific, so any help would be welcome.
Rysheed has an nba game long rangy scorer who handles and defends at 6'4 6'5. As far as running our system no he's not gonna be better than branch but would be an excellent compliment with superior talent than branch. Branch is a heck of a player in his own right just don't think he has the same next level appeal as rysheed. And rightfully so, rysheed is damn good.

paultzman

« Reply #596 on: January 07, 2013, 02:09:39 PM »
Would love to get Jordan, but gut tells me Temple fwiw. If Harrison stays, we would be ok if Branch develops this year. In that case, do you concentrate on Carrington for 14 class? Not a preference, but just saying.

Chilleb

« Reply #597 on: January 07, 2013, 02:10:26 PM »
Would love to get Jordan, but gut tells me Temple fwiw. If Harrison stays, we would be ok if Branch develops this year. In that case, do you concentrate on Carrington for 14 class? Not a preference, but just saying.
How many ships would we have that year?

Moose

« Reply #598 on: January 07, 2013, 02:51:47 PM »
How many ships would we have that year?

« Reply #599 on: January 07, 2013, 02:53:02 PM »
he probably grew up watching nova's 3 and 4 guard teams cerca 6-8 years ago.  Maybe sharing "guard" duties is not a hard sell since he has seen that system get players to the next level already.