Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

jr49

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #720 on: February 10, 2013, 08:45:41 PM »
Here's a question, if you could have one next year would you want D'lo back or Rysheed in red?
I think we need a real PG. Not a combo guard but a Rysheed type guard. Branch, Green, and if Dom improves guard skills we can cover the other guard spot. A real PG, wow. A kid who can get to the rim, get fouled, and hit his foul shots, yes. Thought Dom and even Phil had ability to get to the rim, but they don't.  If the guy can play D, great. Wait, I never saw Rysheed play. He's good, right?

« Reply #721 on: February 10, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
Dom can't get to the rim?

« Reply #722 on: February 10, 2013, 09:03:40 PM »

Not particularly well.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

jr49

« Reply #723 on: February 10, 2013, 09:35:17 PM »
Sorry, meant D.Lo and Phil. I thought I remembered them both getting there last year. I remember we won at Cincy last year when Moe followed D.Lo's drive and miss with a tip in. Moe could also put it down and get to the rim going base line too. A couple a years ago we had a bunch of guys who could get to the rim in the half court. Who really gets to the rim for us in the half court. Is that something Rysheed Jordon can do?. Does going against a zone make it impossible to get to the rim?

« Reply #724 on: February 10, 2013, 09:49:22 PM »
DLo can, against certain opponents.  Others can sometimes jam him up and block his shot.  Phil is better pulling up for the teardrop.  Branch has shown an ability to break down the defense and penetrate to the rim.  I wish he had been ale to play today.  That, combined with Southerland returning, made a big difference in the final score.

« Reply #725 on: February 10, 2013, 10:05:05 PM »
http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=8926184

ESPN update from 3 days ago I do not have a subscription.

« Reply #726 on: February 10, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »
Similar to what was published a few days ago, i.e., predictions by Telep, Biancardi, Rankin, etc.

« Reply #727 on: February 10, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »
Somone noted that they hope our ugly game today wasn't the first game R. Jordan has seen our team play ... but it was a perfect game for him to see.  We have a talented, young, and hungry team that lacks a point guard.  Phil is doing his best but he isn't a playmaker and isn't a distributer and doesn't have the handle.  R. Jordan should be signing on right now, he'll have an immediate role on our team.  Temple?  C'mon, SJU's team next year would blow Temple out of the water.

Too bad that this years Temple team would blow St. Johns out of the water.  Have you forgotten that Temple actually beat the Cuse this year as we lost by 19 and were never ahead?  I don't understand why anyone would think that we have a superior product to anyone right now.  And if we lose Sampson to the league, we are a bottom level BE team next year.

« Reply #728 on: February 10, 2013, 10:32:01 PM »
Somone noted that they hope our ugly game today wasn't the first game R. Jordan has seen our team play ... but it was a perfect game for him to see.  We have a talented, young, and hungry team that lacks a point guard.  Phil is doing his best but he isn't a playmaker and isn't a distributer and doesn't have the handle.  R. Jordan should be signing on right now, he'll have an immediate role on our team.  Temple?  C'mon, SJU's team next year would blow Temple out of the water.

Too bad that this years Temple team would blow St. Johns out of the water.  Have you forgotten that Temple actually beat the Cuse this year as we lost by 19 and were never ahead?  I don't understand why anyone would think that we have a superior product to anyone right now.  And if we lose Sampson to the league, we are a bottom level BE team next year.
We have a better product than over half the Big East right now.

« Reply #729 on: February 10, 2013, 10:41:50 PM »

A 16-7 (5-4 in the A10) Temple team with losses to St. Bon, St. Joes and Canisius would "blow us out of the water?"

You actually wonder why posters label you as negative?

« Reply #730 on: February 10, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »
Again, why would anyone respond to Mirabella posts. Those who do react like a bull to the red cape of a matador. It is silly to give this poster any creidibilty. She/he will go away if we ignore him/her. Enough already. It is becoming annoying.

« Reply #731 on: February 11, 2013, 12:14:49 AM »
I bet ya rysheed picks us.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #732 on: February 11, 2013, 01:41:41 AM »
I bet ya rysheed picks us.

Hope you are right, this kid is the real deal

« Reply #733 on: February 11, 2013, 07:04:30 AM »
I hope he picks us, could have third big east rookie of the year in a row. Just hope Jakarr stays one more for big east player of the year in our final season in league.

« Reply #734 on: February 11, 2013, 08:57:34 AM »

A 16-7 (5-4 in the A10) Temple team with losses to St. Bon, St. Joes and Canisius would "blow us out of the water?"

You actually wonder why posters label you as negative?

Well perhaps not blow us out of the water but they would be a tough out. I just don't get why posters feel that we are so superior to other programs at this point in time.  We have not proven anything yet and our program has been dismal at best for a few years now. 

If posters label me as negative or don't believe that I deserve a response, they are either to young or are just not hearing or understanding what I am saying.  Yes I am a big fan of the program, yes I want things to get better and yes I have seen improvement under the new staff, but unlike a small child who puts down others around him/ her to make themselves feel better, I am not going to put down other programs as inferior when the program I root for has a ways to go before deserving such a superiority label.

« Reply #735 on: February 11, 2013, 09:11:37 AM »
without Rysheed, Temple is in trouble next year.  Will be in a bit of a re-build.

gman

« Reply #736 on: February 11, 2013, 09:53:56 AM »
Who said we are so superior to temple? Link please.

« Reply #737 on: February 11, 2013, 09:58:19 AM »
Ken Pom has us at 90 and Temple at 76.  On a neutral court, they'd probably be favored by ~2 points.  Basically, they are slightly better than us but it's a coin flip in reality.

« Reply #738 on: February 11, 2013, 10:07:58 AM »
I think was the jerk who said we were so superior to Temple.  Just to position the debate, here is what is being argued: that SJU next year would blow Temple's team, next year, out of the water.

« Reply #739 on: February 11, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »
Who said we are so superior to temple? Link please.

A complete fraud.  She/He has been exposed already.

Makes up her/his own straw man argument and then proceeds to argue against it.

Then to produce cover that this fraud is really a "great SJU fan" this fraud starts bogus disingenuous threads that imply they like Coach Lavin and SJU.

Why does anyone give this phony any time is beyond me.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:18:22 AM by fordham96 »