Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #740 on: February 11, 2013, 10:22:28 AM »
Who said we are so superior to temple? Link please.

A complete fraud.  She/He has been exposed already.

Makes up her/his own straw man argument and then proceeds to argue against it.

Then to produce cover that this fraud is really a "great SJU fan" this fraud starts bogus disingenuous threads that imply they like Coach Lavin and SJU.

Why does anyone give this phony any time is beyond me.

Another attack.  What's the matter Fordham, cant debate on merit so you resort to personal attacks? Why is this type of attack allowed? Where are the mods? What's up Dave?

« Reply #741 on: February 11, 2013, 10:23:01 AM »
Hey fordham96 -- not sure if I understand your post, but just in case you are suggesting that I am involved in some scheme I assure you that the only scheme I am involved in is not doing my actual work while I read and comment on posts concerning SJU hoops!

« Reply #742 on: February 11, 2013, 10:29:34 AM »
Who said we are so superior to temple? Link please.

A complete fraud.  She/He has been exposed already.

Makes up her/his own straw man argument and then proceeds to argue against it.

Then to produce cover that this fraud is really a "great SJU fan" this fraud starts bogus disingenuous threads that imply they like Coach Lavin and SJU.

Why does anyone give this phony any time is beyond me.

Another attack.  What's the matter Fordham, cant debate on merit so you resort to personal attacks? Why is this type of attack allowed? Where are the mods? What's up Dave?

You have all the qualities of bad writing.  You're stupid (that is obvious to anyone) and you engage in self-congratulation. 

Terrific combination.

« Reply #743 on: February 11, 2013, 10:31:15 AM »
Hey fordham96 -- not sure if I understand your post, but just in case you are suggesting that I am involved in some scheme I assure you that the only scheme I am involved in is not doing my actual work while I read and comment on posts concerning SJU hoops!

No, I thought I was obvious in terms of who my post was speaking to.

« Reply #744 on: February 11, 2013, 10:41:47 AM »
Yes, you were obvious but it takes me longer to get things.  I just wanted to make sure my SJU fanhood wasn't being called into question.  Obviously I am a bit touchy.

I'm always touchy when it comes to someone saying that a local team can beat SJU.  It has been hard enough to live with the Cuse bit about being "New York's team" (although I saw at one of our recent games students with signs saying SJU "New York City's Team") and even worse, losing sleep, when someone said that Stony Brook would beat us which I could never accept ... so Temple is another team, just close enough, can't give up any ground to them, especially since we're battling them for a recruit.  Which is why this debate about Temple vs. St. John's for next year is so important.  Jordan probably reads this thread, right?

« Reply #745 on: February 11, 2013, 11:30:35 AM »
All Rysheed has to do is look at Moe and he'll realize that SJU is the most reliable track to the league.  To me he looks like a one and done guy and there are no better hands than Lavin's under such circumstances.  Steve plays his talent and doesn't worry about replacing them.  I make Lawrence's Cincy choice as a straight cash deal.  The closer the NCAA guys get to the Midwest the blinder they get.  Otherwise comparing Cincy to the glitz and exposure here is totally laughable.  Cash leaves no tracks but anyone dumb enough to make that choice is bound to screw up and start sporting some bling sooner than later.  A nice project for a phd candidate somewhere here but if Stephenson didn't produce an aroma they must have their ducks pretty well lined up.  And Jeez!  We even beat them this year. A real head-scratcher.

« Reply #746 on: February 11, 2013, 03:50:27 PM »
I really hope Jordan is paying attention to what Lavin is doing at St. John's.  In 3 years, our coaching staff has already put 1 player in the NBA (Harkless) and potentially has 2 others who are on the cusp (Harrison and Sampson).  If the key players stay past this season, which is probably the expectation at this stage, and the team is able to add a dynamic playmaking guard in Jordan to go along with an already solid backcourt with Harrison, Branch, and Greene, then they are going to be a terrific team next year.  And he in no way should be discouraged by who is currently there because he will get plenty of PT out there.

Moose

« Reply #747 on: February 11, 2013, 03:52:20 PM »
I really hope Jordan is paying attention to what Lavin is doing at St. John's.  In 3 years, our coaching staff has already put 1 player in the NBA (Harkless) and potentially has 2 others who are on the cusp (Harrison and Sampson).  If the key players stay past this season, which is probably the expectation at this stage, and the team is able to add a dynamic playmaking guard in Jordan to go along with an already solid backcourt with Harrison, Branch, and Greene, then they are going to be a terrific team next year.  And he in no way should be discouraged by who is currently there because he will get plenty of PT out there.

All well and good but I'd like some continuity.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #748 on: February 11, 2013, 04:06:02 PM »

All well and good but I'd like some continuity.

Truth is Moose, that right now we actually have a decent mix of kids with pro potential and 4-year players.  Look at our core with guys like Garrett, Pointer, Greene, Balamou, Branch, jones, Gift etc.  add a few kids that are cusp early entrants like Harrison and Obekpa and a surefire pros like Sampson and Harkless and it is a good mix.  It's really only 2 classes in for Lavin and he's putting out pros already.  We also have some serious 4-year talent on the team.  Need to give it a few more years to really see how it all shakes out, but we have a nice blend thus far.  Guys like Harkless and Sampson have just really played much better than their high school ranking which is just good scouting.

NYCoffey

« Reply #749 on: February 11, 2013, 04:06:31 PM »
16h 

Dave Telep ? @DaveTelep

Rysheed Jordan has grown two inches since the summer. Legit 6-4 now. HUGE deal and he will be a major riser.

crgreen

« Reply #750 on: February 11, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »

Why his final 3 looks strange to me with Temple (even as his "hometown team").    While Lavoy Allen has made the league this year, He's the ONLY Owl in the League.  The last Guard to make it  was Lynn Greer, who had a 41 game cup of coffee career.  Before him, you have to go all the way back to Mark Macon.   In it's entire history, Temple hasn't produced a single 3 assist a game career NBA player.  A single  5 rebound a game player.   A single 15 pt a game player.  Only TWO double digit NBA players (pretty far apart, too - Eddie Jones and  Guy Rodgers).

Lavin, as we know has sent 4 PGs to the league, and 15 players to the NBA in 9 years as a head coach (a truly mind boggling number).   And Rysheed's other school, UCLA, has the most NBA players ever.  And far and away the most PGs ever (there was a day in the NBA 3 years ago, where Baron Davis, Earl Watson, Jordan Farmar, Darren Collison, Russell Westbrook and Jrue Holiday all started at PG for their teams.  6 of the 30 starting PGs in the league from one school).   I think the decision is waiting on  a determination of Ben Howland's status.  Howland, in 9 seasons at UCLA, has sent 13 players to the NBA, and 6 Point Guards, including 2 All-Star PGs (and two other PGS from Pitt - 8 total in 13 years).   To put that in Perspective, Mike Krzyzewski, in nearly 30 years at Duke, has sent 8 PGs to the NBA.  And that's counting Austin Rivers as a PG.

I don't think the numbers are lost on these recruits.

Happy

« Reply #751 on: February 11, 2013, 07:57:58 PM »
Me thinks the ship has sailed on this one .

« Reply #752 on: February 11, 2013, 11:00:54 PM »
So your sayin there's a chance!
 ;)

desco80

« Reply #753 on: February 12, 2013, 12:02:23 PM »

Why his final 3 looks strange to me with Temple (even as his "hometown team").    While Lavoy Allen has made the league this year, He's the ONLY Owl in the League.  The last Guard to make it  was Lynn Greer, who had a 41 game cup of coffee career.  Before him, you have to go all the way back to Mark Macon.   In it's entire history, Temple hasn't produced a single 3 assist a game career NBA player.  A single  5 rebound a game player.   A single 15 pt a game player.  Only TWO double digit NBA players (pretty far apart, too - Eddie Jones and  Guy Rodgers).

Lavin, as we know has sent 4 PGs to the league, and 15 players to the NBA in 9 years as a head coach (a truly mind boggling number).   And Rysheed's other school, UCLA, has the most NBA players ever.  And far and away the most PGs ever (there was a day in the NBA 3 years ago, where Baron Davis, Earl Watson, Jordan Farmar, Darren Collison, Russell Westbrook and Jrue Holiday all started at PG for their teams.  6 of the 30 starting PGs in the league from one school).   I think the decision is waiting on  a determination of Ben Howland's status.  Howland, in 9 seasons at UCLA, has sent 13 players to the NBA, and 6 Point Guards, including 2 All-Star PGs (and two other PGS from Pitt - 8 total in 13 years).   To put that in Perspective, Mike Krzyzewski, in nearly 30 years at Duke, has sent 8 PGs to the NBA.  And that's counting Austin Rivers as a PG.

I don't agree with that at all.
Under that theory Jarrell Martin would've signed with us over LSU, Ledo and Dunn would never have signed with Providence.
Heck, guys like Rosario (didn't work out but w/e)  or Myles Mack would never have signed with Rutgers.   

I don't buy it.  Staying home is a huge pull on some guys, and doesn't matter at all to other kids.   I've gotten a feeling all throughout his recruitment that Rysheed is part of the former group. 

Plus UCLA already has two guards signed, you're heavily recruiting Oootawh, it's looking like point forward KA might be back, and you have a 3rd guard in Powell.  And SJU will likely have D'angelo, Branch, and Greene returning.   Plus, Marco getting minutes at sg.

He'll play 38 mins a game at Temple.  He'd get 20 at either of the other programs.  For some guys, that matters a lot.   

« Reply #754 on: February 12, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »

When we hear Moose and SJU79 chime in in agreement we'll know we've got him. ;) :)

Chilleb

« Reply #755 on: February 12, 2013, 03:41:47 PM »

'

Under that theory Jarrell Martin would've signed with us over LSU, Ledo and Dunn would never have signed with Providence.
Heck, guys like Rosario (didn't work out but w/e)  or Myles Mack would never have signed with Rutgers.   

I don't buy it.  Staying home is a huge pull on some guys, and doesn't matter at all to other kids.   I've gotten a feeling all throughout his recruitment that Rysheed is part of the former group. 

Plus UCLA already has two guards signed, you're heavily recruiting Oootawh, it's looking like point forward KA might be back, and you have a 3rd guard in Powell.  And SJU will likely have D'angelo, Branch, and Greene returning.   Plus, Marco getting minutes at sg.

He'll play 38 mins a game at Temple.  He'd get 20 at either of the other programs.  For some guys, that matters a lot.
Good to see you up and at em CR, but don't forget about dionte christmas

« Reply #756 on: February 12, 2013, 05:37:34 PM »
Damn

crgreen

« Reply #757 on: February 12, 2013, 07:08:46 PM »

'

Good to see you up and at em CR, but don't forget about dionte christmas

UCLA with no PGs whatsoever after  Drew leaves this year.   Powell is a scorer/defender, but no PG instinct at all.  Kyle is 6'9 - and as you say, plays a Point Forward - very effective running WITH a PG, as he did with Mack at St. Anthony's, and Drew at UCLA.   The inoming kids are both 6'4 combo wings - with Lavine expected to grow to 6-5 or 6-6.  They'll be replacing Shabazz.    There's  34 minutes a game wide open at PG that need to be replaced.
Personally, I think Rysheed to St Johns and Owootoah to UCLA makes the most sense.  (Steve likes a scoring PG ala Baron, while Howland prefers a pass first/speedy defender).  But I wouldn't cry if the order was reversed! :)

MCNPA

« Reply #758 on: February 13, 2013, 11:07:43 AM »
I still don't think that this ship has sailed.  Think he is having a hard time deciding between SJU and Temple which is the only reason he's taking this long.  Just as Lawrence leaving for Cincy surprised us, I think this one could go either way as well. I just hope he decides soon, because I don't want to be caught and miss on a nice player like Severe who can help us, and Jordan spurn us at the same time.  We certainly need help scoring in the backcourt regardless.  Cmon Rysheed. 

sju89tr

« Reply #759 on: February 13, 2013, 11:14:19 AM »
I still don't think that this ship has sailed.  Think he is having a hard time deciding between SJU and Temple which is the only reason he's taking this long.  Just as Lawrence leaving for Cincy surprised us, I think this one could go either way as well. I just hope he decides soon, because I don't want to be caught and miss on a nice player like Severe who can help us, and Jordan spurn us at the same time.  We certainly need help scoring in the backcourt regardless.  Cmon Rysheed.

I am not sure why anyone has said the ship has sailed. The recruitment has gone on pretty silently for the past few months.