Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

sju89tr

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #880 on: February 22, 2013, 10:20:53 AM »
Temple already has a commitment from Josh Brown who I like more than Rysheed. Plays harder, better defensively, and fits Temple's style. Also for everyone crowing Jordan the next PG, I hate to break it to you but he is as combo guard as they come. He's like a young Larry Hughes.

We need play makers. He fits the bill. Lavin has a lot of experience with players like Rysheed. This staff could get him to the NBA. 

paultzman

« Reply #881 on: February 22, 2013, 12:12:33 PM »
Note Lavin texting Chilleb to tell him to forget Jon Severe. Last night's game;

“@JaimeBoyer: Watch Rysheed Jordan @sheedjordan dominate Public League Semis Rysheed Jordan dominates Public League Semis @HWHoopsCentral @Ballislife @YAYAREASFINEST @MeekMill”

Tha Kid

« Reply #882 on: February 22, 2013, 12:14:41 PM »
Temple already has a commitment from Josh Brown who I like more than Rysheed. Plays harder, better defensively, and fits Temple's style. Also for everyone crowing Jordan the next PG, I hate to break it to you but he is as combo guard as they come. He's like a young Larry Hughes.

If he's a young Larry Hughes he should be phenomenal --- he's not nearly as tall as Larry though, is he?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #883 on: February 22, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
Eric Bossi talked to Rivals.com UCLA site breaking down Jordan:

http://ucla.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1475406

« Reply #884 on: February 22, 2013, 01:04:49 PM »

If he's a young Larry Hughes he should be phenomenal --- he's not nearly as tall as Larry though, is he?

Hughes is listed at 6'5, Jordan 6'3/6'4

boo3

« Reply #885 on: February 22, 2013, 01:09:08 PM »
 Hughes was a beast in his one and only season of college ball. 20ppg, 5 reb, 3 ass. 2 steals and led St. Louis to the second round of the NCAAs...sign me up.

« Reply #886 on: February 22, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »

I normally hate comparisons but I think thats actually a pretty good one although I do disagree about the PG comment

« Reply #887 on: February 22, 2013, 01:33:15 PM »

I think more than a PG, we need a guy who can penetrate and create offense. I think Jordan can do that.

« Reply #888 on: February 22, 2013, 01:44:27 PM »
whoever created this video wanted people to know Lavin was in attendance:

Rysheed Jordan dominates Public League Semis

paultzman

« Reply #889 on: February 22, 2013, 01:46:38 PM »
"Jordan is the Red Storm's remaining recruiting target with the scholarship they have; if Steve Lavin doesn't land Jordan, the expectation is that the staff will turn their eyes towards talent in the 2014 class like Khadeen Carrington of Bishop Loughlin and others. There is the possibility of transfers from the St. John's program."

“@ECoastBias: Rysheed Jordan Philadelphia Public League highlight video/ recruiting update http://sbn.to/Yigva8

MCNPA

« Reply #890 on: February 22, 2013, 02:34:08 PM »
I don't mind that he's a combo.  He's a bonafide scorer that can take it to the rim and also dish and shoot.  We still have Branch and Phil G.  Rysheed can do a lot on the court.  Kid has talent.  He'd create mismatches for us against other teams which we need.  There isn't a guy on the board right now that is a "pure pg" type.  Good to see Lavin there.

DFF6

« Reply #891 on: February 22, 2013, 03:19:59 PM »
I thought Foad/Fun made a perspicacious observation on another thread that bears on Lavin's pursuit of Jordan. Based on Lavin's known recruiting targets at SJU thus far, he doesn't seem that interested in recruiting a pure PG, but rather seems to go after the combo guards (D'Lo, Branch, P Greene) or K. Anderson as a point forward.  Jordan can score, plain and simple, and we need scoring options.  He would be a great get, IMO. 

SJUFAN

« Reply #892 on: February 22, 2013, 04:34:59 PM »
I don't mind that he's a combo.  He's a bonafide scorer that can take it to the rim and also dish and shoot.  We still have Branch and Phil G.  Rysheed can do a lot on the court.  Kid has talent.  He'd create mismatches for us against other teams which we need.  There isn't a guy on the board right now that is a "pure pg" type.  Good to see Lavin there.

Phil G. = 20min per game for Rysheed in freshmen yr.

« Reply #893 on: February 22, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »

The idea of this lineup has me salivating:

Obekpa
Sampson
Dom
D'lo
Rysheed

Branch first guy off the bench.

This of course assumes everyone is back, which I'm confident they will be. The beauty of that lineup is that there are plenty of scoring options but then we also have some serious defenders in there as well.

Really hope we get this kid.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:47:13 PM by redstorm212 »

Tha Kid

« Reply #894 on: February 22, 2013, 06:03:21 PM »

Thought Hughes was more 6'5/6'6, and Jordan more 6'2/6'3 but whatever.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #895 on: February 22, 2013, 06:16:04 PM »

Could be thinking of someone else, but I thought I read a tweet a little while ago that said he's at least 6'4 now.

« Reply #896 on: February 22, 2013, 06:34:08 PM »

Maybe we can get a picture of them together and then Moose can give us a definitive answer. :)

gman

« Reply #897 on: February 22, 2013, 06:40:11 PM »

He is now being listed at 6'4" and one of the sites has 6'5"

SJUFAN

« Reply #898 on: February 22, 2013, 07:08:04 PM »

Obekpa
Sampson
Dom
D'lo
Rysheed

This of course assumes everyone is back, which I'm confident they will be. The beauty of that lineup is that there are plenty of scoring options but then we also have some serious defenders in there as well.

You think Rysheed would/should get the nod over Branch? I can see Rysheed being the first off the bench playing the 1, 2, and 3. Plenty of minutes to go around. 

« Reply #899 on: February 22, 2013, 07:12:27 PM »

Obekpa
Sampson
Dom
D'lo
Rysheed

You think Rysheed would/should get the nod over Branch? I can see Rysheed being the first off the bench playing the 1, 2, and 3. Plenty of minutes to go around.

Probably not to start the season. But if he plays like the #22 recruit, I think he would eventually take the job. But, I think if he were to pick us, Lavin would experiment with a lineup that had Branch, D'lo, and Rysheed on the court together. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 07:14:40 PM by redstorm212 »