Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

paultzman

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #940 on: February 26, 2013, 01:58:37 PM »
Rysheed on squad;

“@EvanDanielsFOX: Kentucky Derby Festival Basketball Classic rosters ... http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1269831.html

« Reply #941 on: March 01, 2013, 10:51:25 PM »
Bad news from Dave

@DaveKrupinski: When it rains, it pours for #stjbb. Heard from multiple sources today that Rysheed Jordan is strong lean towards #UCLA #GoBruins

bk8664

« Reply #942 on: March 01, 2013, 10:56:26 PM »
Bad news from Dave

@DaveKrupinski: When it rains, it pours for #stjbb. Heard from multiple sources today that Rysheed Jordan is strong lean towards #UCLA #GoBruins

According to CRGreen - they need a point guard next year, right?  Makes sense.  This can't be a surprise.

« Reply #943 on: March 01, 2013, 10:58:32 PM »
Lavin Warned Us!!!!
 :o

Tiznow

« Reply #944 on: March 01, 2013, 11:05:18 PM »
Worst news of the day. 

« Reply #945 on: March 01, 2013, 11:25:51 PM »
ughh was this decision made before the whole d'lo incident Dave?

« Reply #946 on: March 01, 2013, 11:56:38 PM »
Bad news from Dave

shouldn't read so much into this, sources say things all the time.  Jordan will make a decision based on whee he thinks he fits in best.  hopefully with us, but if not wwe will move on.

« Reply #947 on: March 01, 2013, 11:58:22 PM »

Dont really read this as a decision,  i've read countless reports from sources saying a guy is leaningand ends up somewhere else.  Obekpa was a heavy lean to cincy and he ended up here. 

paultzman

« Reply #948 on: March 02, 2013, 11:06:46 AM »
“@jmverlin: Rysheed Jordan (@sheedjordan) named CoBL All-City MVP for the 2012-13 season: http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2013/03/jordan-named-cobl-hs-mvp-for-2012-13-season/

« Reply #949 on: March 03, 2013, 12:14:56 AM »

No correlation
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #950 on: March 03, 2013, 12:33:39 PM »
Howland getting confirmation of obvious out there early. Lose one star and get another like Jordan, envious!

""I'm very much a realist now," Howland said. "I knew going into this deal that this was a one-year deal, and it should be. He's a lottery pick. He's a top-five pick. When you have that going for you, it is absolutely the right thing."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9009365/shabazz-muhammad-ucla-bruins-head-nba-according-ben-howland
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:36:01 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #951 on: March 04, 2013, 09:19:48 AM »
What happens when /if Howland gets fired ??

Moose

« Reply #952 on: March 04, 2013, 09:23:45 AM »
What happens when /if Howland gets fired ??

He's not getting fired.
Remember who broke the Slice news

SJU79

« Reply #953 on: March 04, 2013, 10:05:29 AM »
Jordan will go to UCLA. Sampson and Obekpa will return. Carrington will choose SJU

« Reply #954 on: March 04, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »
Jordan will go to UCLA. Sampson and Obekpa will return. Carrington will choose SJU

Thanks 79. Hopefully Harrison is here next year as well and carrington commits to
Us earlier than next march.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

mkras99

« Reply #955 on: March 04, 2013, 10:25:37 AM »

79, what are your thoughts on Carrington?  Anyone on the radar for 2013?

« Reply #956 on: March 04, 2013, 10:28:30 AM »

Kyle Anderson Part Deux.

Think about it.  Hometown school heavily involved-Temple.  He goes to many of their games, the coaching staff at Temple practically lives at Jordan's school.

SJU heavily involved.  And despite constant proclamations that staying close to home is important and his family being close is important the one school farthest away UCLA comes in and snags him.

Does Jordan have a sister that is in the entertainment business????  LOL!!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:29:42 AM by fordham96 »

« Reply #957 on: March 04, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »
I really hope we do better then Carrington

Tiger

« Reply #958 on: March 04, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of UCLA basketball this year, but based on the current roster, I don't see the opportunity for Rysheed.  UCLA has several guards getting substantial minutes and making contributions:
  Jordan Adams: 6'5" Freshman guard, 15.0 ppg in about 30 minutes a game.
  Norman Powell: 6'4" Sophomore guard, 6.0 ppg in about 20 minutes a game.
  Larry Drew II: 6'2" Senior guard, 7.3 ppg in about about 35 minutes a game.

I guess Rysheed can hope to get all of Drew's mnutes.  I suppose all of the current players except Shabazz are looking to take those minutes as are any other signed recruits.

UCLA also has Kyle Anderson who was a point guard in high school and now has been converted to a point forward.  Maybe he wants to slide back to a shooting guard?

Rysheed appears to be more of a 'shoot first' point guard, rather than a 'pass first' point guard.  I am far from an expert on the subject, but it seems UCLA would be better served by a 'pass first' guard.  Who knows, maybe this is how the contenders reload?

Petey

« Reply #959 on: March 04, 2013, 11:25:11 AM »
I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of UCLA basketball this year, but based on the current roster, I don't see the opportunity for Rysheed.  UCLA has several guards getting substantial minutes and making contributions:
  Jordan Adams: 6'5" Freshman guard, 15.0 ppg in about 30 minutes a game.
  Norman Powell: 6'4" Sophomore guard, 6.0 ppg in about 20 minutes a game.
  Larry Drew II: 6'2" Senior guard, 7.3 ppg in about about 35 minutes a game.

I guess Rysheed can hope to get all of Drew's mnutes.  I suppose all of the current players except Shabazz are looking to take those minutes as are any other signed recruits.

UCLA also has Kyle Anderson who was a point guard in high school and now has been converted to a point forward.  Maybe he wants to slide back to a shooting guard?

Rysheed appears to be more of a 'shoot first' point guard, rather than a 'pass first' point guard.  I am far from an expert on the subject, but it seems UCLA would be better served by a 'pass first' guard.  Who knows, maybe this is how the contenders reload?

Kyle Anderson is too tall/slow to play shooting guard. But because of how skilled a passer he is, Rysheed actually fits well with UCLA because both he and Kyle can take what's given to them and not force things. They can rotate who takes the ball up and such based on whatever the favorable match up is, I think Rysheed's smart to go to UCLA. I want him at St. John's but as long as he gets playing time, I can't blame him for wanting to spend a couple of years in SoCal and at a program like UCLA.