Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1080 on: March 15, 2013, 09:12:03 PM »
Good
“@ozoneinq: St. John's coach Steve Lavin on hand at La Salle high to see Rysheed Jordan @sheedjordan and Vaux at 7:30 p.m. #StJohns”

And right after he retweets a Temple fan who says " St John's booooo ".   Lavin is coming back with a cheesesteak only .

Tell a kid the sky is green on twitter and they will retweet it.

Hey take it easy guys.  Nothing wrong with a bringing home a Philly cheesesteak :)

Geno's or Pat's?

No respectful cheesesteak lover likes either one.  You go to Jim's when you are in Philly :)

Agree on Jim's.  Wit onions...

BTW-Lavin is apparently trying to make an impression.  He showed up for the Vaux game 90 minutes before the start of the game.  Probably left early to make sure he didn't get caught up in traffic...LOL!!!

Jeff McDevitt
 ‏@JeffMcDev 3h
Apparently St. John's HC Steve Lavin is in the building, a full 90 minutes before the scheduled start of the Vaux game.

https://twitter.com/JeffMcDev/status/312692653710008320

Apparently Vaux up comfortably.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:13:30 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #1081 on: March 15, 2013, 09:26:16 PM »
Rick O'Brien ‏@ozoneinq
Vaux leads Church Farm, 49-38, at end of third quarter; @sheedjordan with only 3 points for Cougars. Steve Lavin sitting behind Vaux bench.

paultzman

« Reply #1082 on: March 15, 2013, 09:47:01 PM »
“@ozoneinq: Final: Vaux 68, Church Farm 64.”

Another game to go to.

“@ozoneinq: Vaux will take on Math, Civics and Sciences Charter Tuesday in a semifinal at a neutral site and time to be determined.”
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:48:09 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #1083 on: March 15, 2013, 09:50:00 PM »
Lavs putting in work tonight.

paultzman

« Reply #1084 on: March 16, 2013, 08:38:51 AM »
Rick O’Brien, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
POSTED: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 4:32 AM
With St. John's coach Steve Lavin watching from behind the Vaux bench, Rysheed Jordan opted to be more of a facilitator than a scorer.

"He was playing off us more than anything," Cougars senior swingman Lester Mattox said. "That's nothing new. He does that all the time."

With the 6-foot-4 senior phenom looking for Mattox and others, Vaux fought past Church Farm, 68-64, Friday night in a PIAA Class A boys' quarterfinal at La Salle High.

Jordan, who also is considering Temple and UCLA, settled for nine points. His first field-goal try in second half came with 5 minutes, 40 seconds to play.

"He's a patient player," Church Farm coach Marc Turner said. "He understood we weren't going to give him the driving lanes. He did what a great guard does, which is look for the open guy."

Amir Butler, a 6-2, 200-pound senior forward, paced the Cougars (22-8) with 17 points, Mattox drained four first-half three-pointers en route to 14 points.

"At the beginning of the year, I was making a lot of threes," Mattox said. "Before this, I was in a slump. My shot is starting to fall again."

Tuesday, at a neutral site and time to be determined, Vaux will clash with Math, Civics & Sciences in a semifinal. The Mighty Elephants played poorly but eliminated Sankofa Freedom Academy, 71-59, in the first game at La Salle.

Vaux, ranked No. 5 in Southeastern Pennsylvania by The Inquirer, and No. 6 MC&S split meetings during the regular season. The winner of the rubber match will punch a ticket to Hershey.

"I'm anxious for the rematch," Butler said. "We just have to play hard and do the things we did last time."

The Cougars prevailed, 62-61, last month in the Public League Class A championship game.

Against Church Farm, Vaux led by as many as 17 in the first half and were in front, 41-25, at the break. Mattox nailed four threes in the first 11 minutes.

Junior guard Tyler Ofray paced the Griffins (24-7) with 17 points, including four threes. Mlynue Reeves, a 6-7 senior forward, was next with 10

Vaux   14 27 8 19 – 68

Church Farm   15 10 13 26 – 64

V: Rysheed Jordan 9, Amir Butler 17, Trayvond Massenberg 9, Lester Mattox 14, Sammy Foreman 7, Karon Snead 6, Daron Johnson 6.

CF: Aondofa Anyam 2, Michael Mohamed 5, Larry Cermak 10, Jan Bohm 6, Joey Shelton 3, Tyler Ofray 17, John Rodriguez 8, Mlynue Reeves 13.

Contact Rick O'Brien at robrien@phillynews.com. Follow @ozoneinq on Twitter. Read his blog, "The O'Zone," at www.philly.com/ozone

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:40:57 AM by paultzman »

Happy

« Reply #1085 on: March 16, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »
For what we need the assists for Jordan last night were far more impressive.   I believe we are out... But coach going last night says we at least have a shot.

« Reply #1086 on: March 16, 2013, 11:44:34 AM »
Ive never believed were out of it. Looks at Obekpas recruitment, kind of the same feel.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #1087 on: March 16, 2013, 11:58:24 AM »
Lavin usually doesn't waste time with a kid if he thinks he has no shot at landing him. This is promising IMO.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:58:44 AM by redstorm212 »

paultzman

« Reply #1088 on: March 16, 2013, 03:05:40 PM »
"In the nightcap, Vaux defeated Church Farm School 68-64.

The area’s leading scorer, Rysheed Jordan, was feeling sick during the game with a head cold, and his sickness caused him to take a backseat on the offensive game.

Jordan’s teammates, namely Amir Butler and Lester Maddox, shouldered the offensive load.

In the second quarter, Maddox hit four straight 3-point shots during a 20-4 run that gave the Cougars a  16 point halftime lead. Maddox finished with 14 points.

“I was looking to get everybody involved and play defense. When our big man is on the bench, we have three guys who can handle the ball and two that can shoot, so I just drive and kick and they’ll be wide open,” Jordan said.

Jordan scored six of his nine points at the free-throw line in the last two minutes, putting the game on ice and advancing the Cougars to the semifinals."

“@jmverlin: So the Philly college teams had a rough day, but Vaux + MCS both moved on to the state semifinals: http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2013/03/vaux-and-mcs-win-set-up-eagerly-anticipated-rubber-match/

desco80

« Reply #1089 on: March 16, 2013, 07:28:24 PM »
It can't be a bad sign that coach was on hand.
But he was also hosting KA a week before he announced, and visiting Lawrence up until he bounced to Cincy.   So I can't read too much into this. 

paultzman

« Reply #1090 on: March 16, 2013, 07:30:20 PM »
It can't be a bad sign that coach was on hand.
But he was also hosting KA a week before he announced, and visiting Lawrence up until he bounced to Cincy.   So I can't read too much into this. 

On life support or still in the game? Btw, where is my main man Andy Desco?

paultzman

« Reply #1091 on: March 17, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »
Semis on Tuesday;

Math, Civics and Sciences (12-2) vs. Roberts Vaux (12-1), at Ben Franklin High, 6 p.m.

MCNPA

« Reply #1092 on: March 17, 2013, 01:23:28 PM »
We should all just be hoping for a first round Howland exit from the NCAA tourney. 

« Reply #1093 on: March 17, 2013, 01:59:07 PM »
Recruiting Jordan but no scholarship available ...

paultzman

« Reply #1094 on: March 17, 2013, 02:01:50 PM »

This approach has served Louisville quite well over the last several seasons.

« Reply #1095 on: March 17, 2013, 03:33:33 PM »

This approach has served Louisville quite well over the last several seasons.

If Jordan signs, I'll drive Gift to Harvard myself.

bk8664

« Reply #1096 on: March 17, 2013, 06:19:41 PM »
We should all just be hoping for a first round Howland exit from the NCAA tourney.

UCLA drops down to a 6 seed and draws Minnesota in the 1st round.  That's a tough draw.  UCLA exits early, Howland gets canned, and Rysheed comes to the Johnnies?

« Reply #1097 on: March 17, 2013, 06:38:26 PM »
UCLA drops down to a 6 seed and draws Minnesota in the 1st round.  That's a tough draw.  UCLA exits early, Howland gets canned, and Rysheed comes to the Johnnies?

Yes, please...fingers crossed!

desco80

« Reply #1098 on: March 17, 2013, 06:40:37 PM »
UCLA is crazy if they fire Howland.   I'm not saying they won't, they might.
But 3 Final Fours in a decade?  Come on.   

You can't win with mostly freshmen. No matter how talented.  UCLA and Kentucky are proving that this year.   

But if that's what gets us Jordan I won't complain of course  :coolsmiley:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:41:07 PM by desco80 »

bk8664

« Reply #1099 on: March 17, 2013, 06:41:43 PM »
UCLA is crazy if they fire Howland.   I'm not saying they won't, they might.
But 3 Final Fours in a decade?  Come on.   

You can't win with mostly freshmen. No matter how talented.  UCLA and Kentucky are proving that this year.   

But if that's what gets us Jordan I won't complain of course  :coolsmiley:

Shhhh... no logic please (if it works against us)