Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

paultzman

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1640 on: April 10, 2013, 06:03:04 PM »
Re above article I posted and contact with Dunphy, isn't this a dead period? Conjecture probably wrong.

desco80

« Reply #1641 on: April 10, 2013, 06:05:44 PM »
"Put on For My City", but it's a promotional flyer for a party for him Saturday night.

My question is what HS kid has a party at a bar on a Saturday night from 10pm-2am?   

https://twitter.com/sheedjordan/status/321971978271617024/photo/1
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:06:42 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #1642 on: April 10, 2013, 06:09:03 PM »

« Reply #1643 on: April 10, 2013, 06:09:35 PM »
"Put on For My City", but it's a promotional flyer for a party for him Saturday night.

My question is what HS kid has a party at a bar on a Saturday night from 10pm-2am?   

i see.  i don't think that means anything. the kid has been pretty consistent in being a very proud kid from Philly.  if anything, i think it means he reps Philly no matter where he goes. 

desco80

« Reply #1644 on: April 10, 2013, 06:13:21 PM »

i see.  i don't think that means anything. the kid has been pretty consistent in being a very proud kid from Philly.  if anything, i think it means he reps Philly no matter where he goes.

That's what I think too.  If anything it's a tribute to him representing the city while he was in HS.    I'm not worried.   There's too much smoke for there not to be a fire.   

paultzman

« Reply #1645 on: April 10, 2013, 06:47:21 PM »
Philly Inquirer guy;

“@matt_breen: Sorry Temple fans. According to a source, Rysheed Jordan is leaning towards St. John's http://bit.ly/ZHaOXc
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:50:41 PM by paultzman »

ras

« Reply #1646 on: April 10, 2013, 06:55:03 PM »
What time is he announcing?

« Reply #1647 on: April 10, 2013, 06:58:05 PM »
I hope Lavin spun the fact that he is from Philly being pursued by Temple telling him that he can choose to play for Temple, but he can still represent Philly while here at SJ. His friends and family can easily make the 90 mile trip, and he will get much more press and exposure at SJ in the Big East in a much larger city and stage. I would tell him not going to Temple doesn't mean he can't represent Philly and maybe give examples like Steve Novak being a very prideful Wisconsin guy yet on the Knicks. I don't know, I'm rambling...I hope Lavin's way with words sways him! Everyone reporting SJ is getting him, but remember Obekpa? I won't be comfortable until he chooses us officially and is cleared to play.

« Reply #1648 on: April 10, 2013, 07:06:20 PM »
I would tell him not going to Temple doesn't mean he can't represent Philly and maybe give examples like Steve Novak being a very prideful Wisconsin guy yet on the Knicks.

He stayed in Wisconsin for college though.  Probably not the best example.

« Reply #1649 on: April 10, 2013, 07:10:21 PM »
I would tell him not going to Temple doesn't mean he can't represent Philly and maybe give examples like Steve Novak being a very prideful Wisconsin guy yet on the Knicks.

He stayed in Wisconsin for college though.  Probably not the best example.

Is Marquette in Wisc.? Didn't know that...but technically he still reps Wisconsin hard in NYC with his discount double check a la Rodgers!

LJSA

« Reply #1650 on: April 10, 2013, 07:22:43 PM »
What are the chances Lavin has a post-dated signed LOI from him in hand?

LJSA

« Reply #1651 on: April 10, 2013, 07:25:28 PM »
Is Marquette in Wisc.?

I really need to ask where you thought it was.

gman

« Reply #1652 on: April 10, 2013, 07:30:22 PM »
Is Marquette in Wisc.?

I really need to ask where you thought it was.

Sounds like a town on the eastern part of Suffolk county

And joe obviously hasn't seen Wayne's world
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:24:18 PM by gman »

« Reply #1653 on: April 10, 2013, 07:41:42 PM »
Philly Inquirer guy;

“@matt_breen: Sorry Temple fans. According to a source, Rysheed Jordan is leaning towards St. John's http://bit.ly/ZHaOXc

Breen is the reporter who I mentioned who brought up the timeline theory and how it seemed more then just a coincidence that it dovetailed with Lavin and SJU.

ras

« Reply #1654 on: April 10, 2013, 10:01:31 PM »
I hope Lavin spun the fact that he is from Philly being pursued by Temple telling him that he can choose to play for Temple, but he can still represent Philly while here at SJ. His friends and family can easily make the 90 mile trip, and he will get much more press and exposure at SJ in the Big East in a much larger city and stage. I would tell him not going to Temple doesn't mean he can't represent Philly and maybe give examples like Steve Novak being a very prideful Wisconsin guy yet on the Knicks. I don't know, I'm rambling...I hope Lavin's way with words sways him! Everyone reporting SJ is getting him, but remember Obekpa? I won't be comfortable until he chooses us officially and is cleared to play.
I have all the confidence in the world Lavin knows what to tell him. But I also would feel better when I hear him announce SJU tomorrow.

« Reply #1655 on: April 10, 2013, 10:43:02 PM »
The thing that makes me worry is the fact that he's throwing a party in Philly...would this really make sense if he weren't going to Temple? Like others have said...many people would not want to go unless he was going to Temple. On the other hand though, and I always think this with hometown kids being recruited by their local school...why wait so long if he was going to pick Temple? If you love Philly so much and want to stay home wouldn't you cut the BS and just announce it right away? We shall see...crossing my fingers...if we land him I have to give Lavin lots of credit because we were the least likely team for a while to land him.

Poison

« Reply #1656 on: April 10, 2013, 10:43:50 PM »
The thing that makes me worry is the fact that he's throwing a party in Philly...would this really make sense if he weren't going to Temple? Like others have said...many people would not want to go unless he was going to Temple. On the other hand though, and I always think this with hometown kids being recruited by their local school...why wait so long if he was going to pick Temple? If you love Philly so much and want to stay home wouldn't you cut the BS and just announce it right away? We shall see...crossing my fingers...if we land him I have to give Lavin lots of credit because we were the least likely team for a while to land him.

Could his party be LeBronesque?

« Reply #1657 on: April 10, 2013, 10:44:40 PM »
Rysheed was just waiting for the scholly to open up.

« Reply #1658 on: April 10, 2013, 10:49:37 PM »
When lavin goes to a game to see a kid, does he talk to the kid? I have no idea about the rules and if you can make contact.

« Reply #1659 on: April 10, 2013, 11:18:14 PM »

He's throwing a party in Philly because that's where he lives and that's where his friends and family are.  You have to remember this kid is in high school, he doesn't have any income.  He's gonna wake up at 6:30 Monday morning and have to go to English class.