Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1800 on: April 11, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »
from watching all the videos, he looks big, and built.

Looks like one to initiate contact with the strength to finish.

hoping this huge step forward isn't followed by 2 steps back.

Also, for all of those Norm vs. Lavin arguments -  D'Lo, Rysheed, Sampson, Branch, Pointer, Obekpa.

6 Top 100 players on our roster

« Reply #1801 on: April 11, 2013, 06:04:47 PM »
apparently he's on ESPNU now.

gman

« Reply #1802 on: April 11, 2013, 06:10:25 PM »
apparently he's on ESPNU now.

Of course it is blacked out on espn3

« Reply #1803 on: April 11, 2013, 06:43:27 PM »
I saw it. He actually wasnt on the show but they talked about him for about two minutes and how St. John's should be dangerous next year. Biancardi gave shoutouts to the potential awesome backcourt of Greene, Jordan, Branch, and Harrison.

« Reply #1804 on: April 11, 2013, 07:05:37 PM »
http://instagram.com/p/X-P3X2OYA0/

Good thing I bought that Sheed Jordan jersey 2 years ago (Moe to Christian Jones to Sheed) lol

Sheed will probably request his number to be #23 (like HS). I would think Lipscomb wouldn't mind.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in a St. John's uni no matter which number he wears!

Marillac

« Reply #1805 on: April 11, 2013, 07:08:09 PM »
Wow.  I'm loving this!  Thank you Coach Lavin and special thanks to Coach Chiles for not only being the primary on Jordan but also planting seeds for the future while we celebrate this huge addition.

I think Sheed fills some big voids and adds excellent depth to the back court, but let's be reasonable with the expectations we heap on him--at least to start with!  The kid will be competing for minutes with juniors that have the two years of college conditioning and big time minutes played--along with the experience and learning that goes with them. 

Frosh often struggle with defense, the speed and physicality of the college game, and little things like having a defender set and waiting to draw a charge when they recklessly drive the lane.  He'll need some time to work that out, but man are stacked at the guard spots. 

« Reply #1806 on: April 11, 2013, 07:11:27 PM »
I would judge "most talented teams" by the number of first round NBA draft picks on the roster. For example, the 1985 team had 4 first round draft picks on that team; Mullin, Berry, Wennington and Jackson.

The 1999, 2000 teams had two first round picks; Artest and Barkley.

The 2014 team, start with JaKarr, Obekpa could be, Sanchez could be, Jordan could be and Dom could be. Time will tell.

« Reply #1807 on: April 11, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »
I would judge "most talented teams" by the number of first round NBA draft picks on the roster. For example, the 1985 team had 4 first round draft picks on that team; Mullin, Berry, Wennington and Jackson.

The 1999, 2000 teams had two first round picks; Artest and Barkley.

The 2014 team, start with JaKarr, Obekpa could be, Sanchez could be, Jordan could be and Dom could be. Time will tell.

Idk. Look at this Louisville team. They probably only have one first rounder and they were extemely talented.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #1808 on: April 11, 2013, 07:34:06 PM »
Word is he is a good student in the class room, and there haven't been any reports i've seen regarding his ability to get eligible.

I'm just glad we got a kid who is rising, as in, playing well and just won his state title, instead of a guy like Jermaine who just sat out more or less the entire season with an ongoing wrist issue.

Not saying I wouldn't want Jermaine, but there doesn't seem to be many question marks surrounding Rysheed.

« Reply #1809 on: April 11, 2013, 07:45:02 PM »
I was upset we didn't get Lawrence, but Jordan fills the much greater need in my opinion if he can handle PG duties.  Even without Garrett, we are deep at the 3/4, and many teams play three guards anyway on a fairly regular basis.  If Jordan can play the point, it gives us two really good options.  And it allows both Greene and D-Lo to play off-the-ball, where they are both better suited IMO.

« Reply #1810 on: April 11, 2013, 07:45:03 PM »
Lets have a basketball league of the 1985 team, Final 4; the 1991 team, Elite 8; the 2000 team, Elite 8; the 2011 team, 9 seniors made NCAA; and the 2014 team. Who is the best team and who is the most talented?

MCNPA

« Reply #1811 on: April 11, 2013, 07:45:44 PM »
Jermaine can enjoy scenic Cincinnati and the great new AAC.  Sanchez every bit as good of a fit and more ready to contribute at this level.  Lavin will find a new and improved Jermaine for 2014. 

Poison

« Reply #1812 on: April 11, 2013, 07:58:11 PM »
Jermaine can enjoy scenic Cincinnati and the great new AAC.  Sanchez every bit as good of a fit and more ready to contribute at this level.  Lavin will find a new and improved Jermaine for 2014. 

Something fishy there.

Poison

« Reply #1813 on: April 11, 2013, 08:00:33 PM »
Will Jordan be playing in the Jordan game?

« Reply #1814 on: April 11, 2013, 08:05:04 PM »
Will Jordan be playing in the Jordan game?

No

Tiznow

« Reply #1815 on: April 11, 2013, 08:19:10 PM »
It's obvious to me that all along this recruitment Jordan wanted to comehere to join forces with Sir Dom.

Paultzman and all - great job with all the info.  It's nice to see the fan base feeling good. 

« Reply #1816 on: April 11, 2013, 08:21:44 PM »
It's obvious to me that all along this recruitment Jordan wanted to comehere to join forces with Sir Dom.

Paultzman and all - great job with all the info.  It's nice to see the fan base feeling good. 

What makes you say that?

« Reply #1817 on: April 11, 2013, 09:19:25 PM »
Before people jump on me, A) I know highlight tapes only show the good plays and B) He is not known for this, but...I feel many people are undermining his shooting ability. From what I've seen he easily has THE smoothest stroke out of anyone on the team. Jakarr has a weird shot, even Harrison is a bit awkward with it. Jordan has a nice easy motion and that bodes well in the same way MLB teams like pitchers with smooth effortless motions. It's good for consistency and durability. I saw someone else post a stat saying he hit 40% from 3...that speaks for itself. The kid can definitely shoot AND penetrate, scoring with contact. Missing piece indeed. He also seems totally dedicated to the team already bonding with teammates and has his own series on youtube about his progress in hoops. Can't quite put my finger on it, but something tells me this kid is special. I just get that feeling that he was the missing piece, and now we can really ball big time. Just pray Harrison stays and no one notable transfers.

« Reply #1818 on: April 11, 2013, 09:21:35 PM »
Before people jump on me, A) I know highlight tapes only show the good plays and B) He is not known for this, but...I feel many people are undermining his shooting ability. From what I've seen he easily has THE smoothest stroke out of anyone on the team. Jakarr has a weird shot, even Harrison is a bit awkward with it. Jordan has a nice easy motion and that bodes well in the same way MLB teams like pitchers with smooth effortless motions. It's good for consistency and durability. I saw someone else post a stat saying he hit 40% from 3...that speaks for itself. The kid can definitely shoot AND penetrate, scoring with contact. Missing piece indeed. He also seems totally dedicated to the team already bonding with teammates and has his own series on youtube about his progress in hoops. Can't quite put my finger on it, but something tells me this kid is special. I just get that feeling that he was the missing piece, and now we can really ball big time. Just pray Harrison stays and no one notable transfers.

I like his stroke as well. His elevation and release remind me of Russell Westbrookes.

« Reply #1819 on: April 11, 2013, 09:29:20 PM »
Completely agree. I think Rysheed is a special talent. Scary part is that if he had more time he would have been ranked even higher. There is no doubt in my mind that we will have our third consecutive rookie of the year if he takes the court this fall. If all goes accordingly we should be ranked in the preseason top 25. If everyone comes back, we will sneak up on people like MIAMI did this past season.