Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY - SYRACUSE

• 694 replies

MCNPA

Re: Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY
« Reply #360 on: July 23, 2012, 07:00:09 PM »
Lol.  I know rapport from whatever it is I typed.   I don't think I'd ever spell it "repoir" on purpose.   I don't even think I was going to type rapport, but don't remember what I was attempting to tell the truth.  I think i was typing "rep." and it got fused with the trailing word whatever that was, but csnt remember.  I Like I said, don't know what I typed but my big fingers chronically fumble on the iPad.

Oh and Mike, I don't work in the OR.  I work in an ICU.  I don't use an iPad there. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:09:31 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #361 on: July 23, 2012, 09:52:28 PM »
A college coach told me over the weekend that by the time this kid is finished high school, he might be best NYC prospect in 25 years.

I have never seen this young man play in person but I respect the opinion of the coach, seems like he is a special kid.

But I think you would agree the most important thing will not be his commitment to SJU or signing his NLI but rather his entrance into summer school in 2014 and having people on campus who will be able to verify that his toiletries are in his bathroom, no?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:54:02 PM by fordham96 »

paultzman

« Reply #362 on: July 23, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »
A college coach told me over the weekend that by the time this kid is finished high school, he might be best NYC prospect in 25 years.

I have never seen this young man play in person but I respect the opinion of the coach, seems like he is a special kid.

But I think you would agree the most important thing will not be his commitment to SJU or signing his NLI but rather his entrance into summer school in 2014 and having people on campus who will be able to verify that his toiletries are in his bathroom, no?

Zing!!!

pmg911

« Reply #363 on: July 24, 2012, 07:49:28 AM »

So many manys ways to go here but I will take the high road...

Have a nice day Fordham...

« Reply #364 on: July 24, 2012, 08:18:54 AM »
Lav isnt the key. He loves Dwight hardy

What is Dwight's opinion of Lav and his staff?  I assume Dwight thinks highly of our current staff.

« Reply #365 on: July 24, 2012, 08:24:03 AM »

So many manys ways to go here but I will take the high road...

Have a nice day Fordham...

Lighten up and get a sense of humor.

And give me a break with the "take the high road" nonsense. 

paultzman

« Reply #366 on: July 26, 2012, 01:39:09 PM »
“@__iamCHRIS: LSU & Maryland are now showing interest”

paultzman

« Reply #367 on: July 30, 2012, 08:40:17 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: UCLA head coach Ben Howland called to offer 2014 F Chris McCullough, his AAU coach told @SNYtv”

nrb155

« Reply #368 on: July 31, 2012, 04:18:44 PM »
according to his twitter... he now has an offer from Maryland

« Reply #369 on: July 31, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »
When you're a top 30 recruit without character or grade issues does it really matter who offers?  You can pretty much go where you want to go.  Just takes one phone call.  Who's going to turn a player like Chris down?

desco80

« Reply #370 on: August 01, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »
When you're a top 30 recruit without character or grade issues does it really matter who offers?  You can pretty much go where you want to go.  Just takes one phone call.  Who's going to turn a player like Chris down?

Agreed.   Now it becomes a question of, if a kid can choose any school in the country... literally any program he wants, will he choose SJU ?
How would you answer that question if you were him?

Moose

« Reply #371 on: August 01, 2012, 03:31:37 PM »

Agreed.   Now it becomes a question of, if a kid can choose any school in the country... literally any program he wants, will he choose SJU ?

Lots of factors to account for.  Just like you are different than I.  Personally when I went to college I wanted to stay local.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #372 on: August 01, 2012, 05:34:45 PM »

Lots of factors to account for.  Just like you are different than I.  Personally when I went to college I wanted to stay local.

Agreed.  Local vs. Getting away from home, relationships with potential coaches/teammates, track record of coaches in improving skills and placing in the NBA, weather preference, importance of hot girls on campus, there are so many factors that each kid will react differently to.

A good season this year with a few players showing you can be a star in NY certainly won't hurt.

desco80

« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2012, 12:05:30 PM »

Agreed.  Local vs. Getting away from home, relationships with potential coaches/teammates, track record of coaches in improving skills and placing in the NBA, weather preference, importance of hot girls on campus, there are so many factors that each kid will react differently to.

A good season this year with a few players showing you can be a star in NY certainly won't hurt.

Yea, I agree with you guys, lots of factors to consider.  Being local was important for me as well.
I do think that the balance can change when the truly elite programs get involved though.   It's one thing to choose to stay home and be a star rather than be in snowy Syracuse, or College Park Maryland.   But I think there's a special tug on kids when Kentucky and UNC come calling.    And it sounds like they have (or will soon) for both Lawrence and McCullough.

Hope coach Lavin and the staff can build a relationship, because that and location are going to be the best things we have going for us.   

Moose

« Reply #374 on: August 02, 2012, 12:12:40 PM »

Yea, I agree with you guys, lots of factors to consider.  Being local was important for me as well.
I do think that the balance can change when the truly elite programs get involved though.   It's one thing to choose to stay home and be a star rather than be in snowy Syracuse, or College Park Maryland.   But I think there's a special tug on kids when Kentucky and UNC come calling.    And it sounds like they have (or will soon) for both Lawrence and McCullough.

Hope coach Lavin and the staff can build a relationship, because that and location are going to be the best things we have going for us.   

Re: a place like UNC.

Harrison Barnes was #1 player in country and went to UNC and because the team was loaded he had to wait an extra year to leave.  Just have to wonder if factors like that come into play.  Do I go where I will be a cog in the wheel or THE MAN.

derk

« Reply #375 on: August 02, 2012, 12:16:09 PM »

Not that I was ever in that position but I always thought the opposite. Why go to a school that has achieved so much that you're not accomplishing anything different. You're just one of many. I would want to go to a school that had a good program, was much publicized, gave me a chance to get to the pro's,( if I was good enough,) but that would make me the BMOC. I would much rather start a dynasty then be one of many who accomplished the same thing.

desco80

« Reply #376 on: August 02, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »

Harrison Barnes was #1 player in country and went to UNC and because the team was loaded he had to wait an extra year to leave.  Just have to wonder if factors like that come into play.  Do I go where I will be a cog in the wheel or THE MAN.

Fair point.   You can get overlooked on some of those loaded squads.   And like Derk says, youre not the main attraction.

I was just thinking of it from a path to the pros perspective.   Sure, Lavin has put a ton of players in the league, and Moe is a perfect example.   But it's hard to argue with Cal's results lately.   If you want to be a guaranteed pro in a year, there's no surer route than through Lexington.   

Again, I think it may come down to the relationship the recruit has with the staff.   You go where you're comfortable.   Hopefully for Chris that's in Queens.

« Reply #377 on: August 02, 2012, 04:35:52 PM »

Barnes would have been a lottery pick had he came out
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:37:23 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #378 on: August 02, 2012, 04:51:07 PM »

Barnes would have been a lottery pick had he came out

Higher than where he was picked this year?  I don't think he would have been higher.

paultzman

« Reply #379 on: August 02, 2012, 05:04:55 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Team SCAN's Chris McCullough hearing most from UCLA, Kansas, Syracuse, West Va., Rutgers. He will take several visits this month #boyshoops”