IRENE

• 114 replies
Re: IRENE
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2011, 07:59:56 PM »
Part of St. John's campus (including where I live) is without power.

« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2011, 10:17:22 AM »
Didn't need too. My area is elevated. But power grid is in flooded area of Westchester. No damages to my area just lost power at 8am Sunday.

Hope you get power back soon, dude.  Who else is without power?
I was as of Sunday morning here in New Milford CT. CL&P (our equivalent of Con Ed) said power would be restored by next Saturday. I got home from work in nyc last night and all of a sudden the power came back on. First time I can remember either Con Ed or CL&P being wrong in my favor.

I feel for those still struggling. Being without electricity and water is no picnic.

The Marco Baldi saga had it's customary operatic elements but we're all glad that there was a happy ending to it.

Moose

« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2011, 10:26:11 AM »
Didn't need too. My area is elevated. But power grid is in flooded area of Westchester. No damages to my area just lost power at 8am Sunday.

Hope you get power back soon, dude.  Who else is without power?
I was as of Sunday morning here in New Milford CT. CL&P (our equivalent of Con Ed) said power would be restored by next Saturday. I got home from work in nyc last night and all of a sudden the power came back on. First time I can remember either Con Ed or CL&P being wrong in my favor.

I feel for those still struggling. Being without electricity and water is no picnic.

The Marco Baldi saga had it's customary operatic elements but we're all glad that there was a happy ending to it.

I'm convinced these companies give asinine baked out timelines so when they do fix things earlier they look good.  I got my power back last night after 36 hrs.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2011, 10:50:18 AM »
Glad to hear it, qc and Moose! 

« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2011, 04:26:07 PM »
Marco: operatic no;biblical the new Noah!

« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »
Just got my power back about an hour ago. Good thing since every store is out of ice

« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2011, 06:02:26 PM »
Marco: operatic no;biblical the new Noah!

Ignorant and stubborn is more like it. not to mention nice personic.

LJSA

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2011, 07:01:24 PM »

The biggest problem with successfully riding out a major storm is likely the urge to do it again.

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2011, 07:08:34 PM »

The biggest problem with successfully riding out a major storm is likely the urge to do it again.

Yup, next time evacuations will be taken a helluva lot less seriously

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2011, 09:54:08 PM »
Damn those pics are crazy.

boo3

« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2011, 10:07:50 PM »
 Storm was no joke.  Lot of people put out bad after this.  I'm in N. Jersey and we just got a shit load of rain.  We were lucky.  Others, not so much.

LJSA

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2011, 01:05:28 AM »
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/frightening-hurricane-irene-destruction-photos

WOW

Shame about that American elm. And I have fond memories of Tannersville, where I spent portions of two summers as a kid, so I particularly hate seeing pic. 16.

It's one thing to not evacuate the Rockaways, but if you live on Hatteras Island you were a total jackass for not leaving.

« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2011, 01:44:36 PM »
I'm Still Alive!!!

« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2011, 09:17:38 PM »
New movie out about Baldi-MY IDIOT BROTHER.  ;D ;D ;D

Ya ok douchebag
I resemble the name calling. At least my post referenced a real new movie and was meant as a joke, as a term of endearment might I say. P.S. My sister used it on me earlier after I used the reference of the HBO movie-There's Something Wrong With Aunt Dianne.