Kentucky - Game Thread

• 196 replies

derk

Re: Kentucky - Game Thread
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2011, 04:34:23 PM »
Let's not go overboard Terrence jones had a great game but moe harkless was not out classed. I think he duked it out well with a double double of his own. PLEASE let's not forget that moe harkless is playing out of position either. He is by no means a primary power forward or center but every bit of a wing who's having to play big because of our 67 non qualifiers 49 de commits and 31 transfers.

All Mo needs is some experience and the confidence that allows him to be more aggressive. His current makeup wants him to be more of a complimentary player but his talent would allow him to take over if he'd let it.

SJUFAN

« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2011, 04:47:32 PM »
everyone...please step away from the ledge...thank you

We lost by 22 to UK at Rupp.  We didn't not belong on the same court with them..  Not unexpected.

Marillac-  You are out of your mind.  Davis and Jones are top ten picks in the NBA draft...this season.  The difference between a top 10 recruit and a 20-50 ranked recruit is stark,  as we saw last night.

Its not the end of the world.  growing pains people....growing pains.
Harkless beat Jones off the dribble twice and hung around with that huge frontline...Jones has a pro body, an extra inch, and a full year more of experience.  Harkless will be the better pro IMO...but he still has a lot of work to do.  Davis is just so long and. If, but switch him and Moe and the results are much closer.  Moe just continues to I
Press me...the painting isn't finished yet, but I can see it is going to be a masterpiece.

I was a little upset with Harrison...he's got to get himself set better on his shots...when he does, he's automatic.  The best thing about freshman is that they become sophs. 
E

Big Moe fan here but last night wasn't one of his best.  Didn't do anything while the game was on the line and padded the stat sheet in the second half after it was already decided.  33% from the field and 0 assists to 5 turnovers show that like everyone else not named after a supreme being - Moe was more part of the problem than the solution last night.

Meanwhile in Blue: Davis had 8 blocks and 7 OFFENSIVE boards, nearly had the first triple double since Louie Dampier, and pretty much provided a convincing Bill Russell intpersonation.

I'm well aboard the Harkless train but Sorry - last night our best didn't even compare to their best.

A game like last night, Moe needed to be much more aggressive. As talented as he is, that may keep him with us longer than two years.

« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2011, 06:05:10 PM »
Kentucky will be the best team we face all year--they have at least 3 first round picks playing for them.

Pretty much on point, DFF.  They could very well lose on Saturday against UNC, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them beat UNC by 10 or more.  Not at all.

Absolutely disagree with this post.  Kentucky has some inexperience there as well.  Look for blowouts versus other BNig East teams.  As of now, we dont have a legit PG running the show.  How do you know that Duke, Yukon or the Cuse isnt better.  We, for the most part, have played mediocre competition so we dont know anything except that we WILL NOT BE A 500 TEAM THIS YEAR.

« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »

We lost by 22 to UK at Rupp.  We didn't not belong on the same court with them..  Not unexpected.

Marillac-  You are out of your mind.  Davis and Jones are top ten picks in the NBA draft...this season.  The difference between a top 10 recruit and a 20-50 ranked recruit is stark,  as we saw last night.

22? We could have lost by 40 if Cal had not called off the dogs.  We were destroyed.  Outside of GG play there is nothing positive about this debacle

« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2011, 06:10:28 PM »

Harkless beat Jones off the dribble twice and hung around with that huge frontline...Jones has a pro body, an extra inch, and a full year more of experience.  Harkless will be the better pro IMO...but he still has a lot of work to do.  Davis is just so long and. If, but switch him and Moe and the results are much closer.  Moe just continues to I
Press me...the painting isn't finished yet, but I can see it is going to be a masterpiece.

I was a little upset with Harrison...he's got to get himself set better on his shots...when he does, he's automatic.  The best thing about freshman is that they become sophs. 
E

If Harrison isnt hitting the 3, hes ineffective

Which seems like most of the time.

Marillac

« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2011, 06:13:44 PM »
Lindsay needs to work on any shot. He no jumper from anywhere.

Funny, I remember posting abou the form on his jumper all summer and getting nasty responses. 

SJUFAN

« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »
Kentucky will be the best team we face all year--they have at least 3 first round picks playing for them.

Pretty much on point, DFF.  They could very well lose on Saturday against UNC, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them beat UNC by 10 or more.  Not at all.

Absolutely disagree with this post.  Kentucky has some inexperience there as well.  Look for blowouts versus other BNig East teams.  As of now, we dont have a legit PG running the show.  How do you know that Duke, Yukon or the Cuse isnt better.  We, for the most part, have played mediocre competition so we dont know anything except that we WILL NOT BE A 500 TEAM THIS YEAR.

Not sure that a PG would have made much of a difference unless he could hit an outside shot. We struggled because we couldn't hit a shot from the outside.

boo3

« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2011, 06:24:46 PM »

22? We could have lost by 40 if Cal had not called off the dogs.  We were destroyed.  Outside of GG play there is nothing positive about this debacle

Ummm...yes... 22.  You teach math right?  ;)

Funny thing is i saw guys on the other board crying because Uk was still dunking and alley-oping with 4 minutes left.  I don't think he called the dogs off.  They were running every chance they had. For the record, as well they should.  This is big boy basketball. If you don't like them dunking and laughing, either stop them, or knock them into the 3 rd row.  I just find it funny that NYers have this big bravado but then start whining that a team is running it up ( which, IMO, they have every right to do)

Poison

« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2011, 06:37:11 PM »
Lindsay needs to work on any shot. He no jumper from anywhere.

Funny, I remember posting abou the form on his jumper all summer and getting nasty responses. 

I don't follow you.

« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2011, 06:56:18 PM »

I normally do not post here because "real fans" like you soil the discussion and are strictly fair weather phonies!
Cal's scrubs did not enter the game until the 38 minute mark bozo!
He played his SIX best players 90% of the game and the 7th man was an All-American in high school.
He did not call off the "cats" once!
Had Nurideen and Harrison not been totally ineffective the game would have been closer to a 14 point loss and the scrubs of Kentucky would not have even seen their TWO minutes of prime time.

« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2011, 06:59:44 PM »

What do you disagree about?  Kentucky being the best team we play this season?  Kentucky possibly handling UNC by 10 or more points?

Kentucky could very, well be the best team we face all season.  Secondly, Kentucky could possibly lose tomorrow, but they could also beat UNC in a convincing fashion, as well.  Yes, Kentucky has some inexperience, but they also have guys like Miller, Jones, Lamb and ex-Florida Gator/JUCO guy in Vargas.  IMO, that balances out their inexperience. 

By the way, they have a couple of kids who can go amongst the top 15 in the 2012 NBA Draft.  I'm not even bringing the experienced guys into that equation.  Those are the freshmen.  One of the "youngsters" will probably be the #1 pick in the '12 draft.  One of the "experienced" guys is probably a lottery pick, while two others probably will go in the first round of the the same draft.

We don't know whether Duke, UConn or 'Cuse is better.  I also watch enough college basketball, and from what I've witnessed so far, Kentucky is better than those particular teams.  Who knows how the season will shape up....  Currently, Kentucky is the better team.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:06:23 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2011, 07:05:20 PM »

As Francessa said, if Kentucky hits shots-we lose by 50

« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2011, 07:05:41 PM »

I normally do not post here because "real fans" like you soil the discussion and are strictly fair weather phonies!
Cal's scrubs did not enter the game until the 38 minute mark bozo!
He played his SIX best players 90% of the game and the 7th man was an All-American in high school.
He did not call off the "cats" once!
Had Nurideen and Harrison not been totally ineffective the game would have been closer to a 14 point loss and the scrubs of Kentucky would not have even seen their TWO minutes of prime time.

Exactly, Beach Bum!  Cal stuck with his "go-to" guys for huge chunk of the game.  Stop making sense to that particular poster.  Post more, Bum.  Do not allow him to deter you from posting.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:34:46 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2011, 07:08:19 PM »

He is a F N genius! I guess it could be argued that if SJ hit its shots we lose by 11?

« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2011, 07:16:58 PM »

He is a F N genius! I guess it could be argued that if SJ hit its shots we lose by 11?

LOL, ya I cant stand Francessa. BUt I dont think Kentucky played their A game last night either, but their talent took over
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:37:19 PM by Marco Baldi »

Moose

« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »

LOL, ya I cant stand Francessa. BUt I dont think Kentucky played their A game last might either, but their talent took over

Credit has to be given that we possibily disrupted their offense.  It's only fair.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2011, 08:20:02 PM »
We covered the spread which, in spite of what we witnessed, pretty much renders last evening a darn decent effort.

Let's hope a lot of UK fans lost money on the game.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2011, 09:18:10 PM »
Here is the next logical steps to take after this lost

1. Forfeit the rest of the season and dis banned the basketball team, were all about soccer now baby!
2. Fire Lavin in a public display at is humiliating that even ESPN will not take him back (Fine would look like Jesus after this).
3. Father Harrington needs to write an official apology to all of UCLA fans everywhere say they were right about Lavin all along and to make up for this horrendous hiring we will now be named the Red Bruins.
4. Make the "Sports Pope" the supreme ruler of St. John's University, no questions asked
5. Expelled every kid that has anything to do with the basketball team...Even the fans. Sorry Johnny Jungle were coming for you!

What ever anyone does DO NOT...I REPEAT DO NOT pay attention to Duke being blown by Ohio State and how coach K comments about moving on from that defeat. This loss needs to sting like salt on a wound, being left at the alter, Syracuse taking over St. John's and calling it their "queens campus", and every Boston team winning every championship at the same time ( including the coney island hot dog contest), combined!

Only after all this, we may be able to recover from this abortion of a loss...

St. John's 72, Duke 65, Duke goes 2-30 from 3 point range...
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2011, 10:08:38 PM »
Here is the next logical steps to take after this lost

1. Forfeit the rest of the season and dis banned the basketball team, were all about soccer now baby!
2. Fire Lavin in a public display at is humiliating that even ESPN will not take him back (Fine would look like Jesus after this).
3. Father Harrington needs to write an official apology to all of UCLA fans everywhere say they were right about Lavin all along and to make up for this horrendous hiring we will now be named the Red Bruins.
4. Make the "Sports Pope" the supreme ruler of St. John's University, no questions asked
5. Expelled every kid that has anything to do with the basketball team...Even the fans. Sorry Johnny Jungle were coming for you!

What ever anyone does DO NOT...I REPEAT DO NOT pay attention to Duke being blown by Ohio State and how coach K comments about moving on from that defeat. This loss needs to sting like salt on a wound, being left at the alter, Syracuse taking over St. John's and calling it their "queens campus", and every Boston team winning every championship at the same time ( including the coney island hot dog contest), combined!

Only after all this, we may be able to recover from this abortion of a loss...

St. John's 72, Duke 65, Duke goes 2-30 from 3 point range...

Funny you mention UCLA! They are 2-4 and lost to Middle Tenn State by 20.
Their best player has lost interest in playing it seems and some here rip St. John's for being 4-4 after playing 3 nationally ranked teams with a freshman roster.
We have some "real" fans alright!

Poison

« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2011, 10:26:35 PM »
I love this staff, and they have proven to develop talent and find the right balance for what they have. That said, a little objectivity never hurt anyone. Sure it may upset some of the homers out there, but basically ignoring the frontcourt was a wrong move here. They will be overmatched by every single BE team in the paint.

Kentucky ate us alive. It wasn't just about their talent. They pushed us around.