Fordham - Game Thread

• 140 replies

desco80

Re: Fordham
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2011, 05:36:10 AM »
think it is on msg+.

Is this game part of the holiday festival?

Yep.   The first game of the double-header is Rutgers v. Stony Brook. 

Moose

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2011, 07:45:22 AM »
think it is on msg+.

Is this game part of the holiday festival?

Yes it is.  Just one game this yr.  Other half of doubleheader is Rutgers vs. Stony Brook
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:57 AM »
4 really lousy teams. Should be empty.

Moose

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2011, 10:28:21 AM »
4 really lousy teams. Should be empty.

Rutgers should draw some people.  They get a hard on when they play in the Garden.

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2011, 04:07:47 PM »
At least it's 4 bad local teams instead of 4 bad random teams like some past years of the tournament.

Poison

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2011, 04:11:30 PM »
At least it's 4 bad local teams instead of 4 bad random teams like some past years of the tournament.

This is the worst field in the history of the tournament. Sadly, SJU and RU are why. Fordham and Stony Brook are supposed to be bad.

Moose

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 04:26:09 PM »

This is the worst field in the history of the tournament. Sadly, SJU and RU are why. Fordham and Stony Brook are supposed to be bad.

It's not really a tournament though.  If it guaranteed a second game you would have National teams represented.

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 04:56:09 PM »
If this game is anything close to last years than it'll be well worth the $$ of admission.

The game at Rose Hill last year was damn riveting entertainment.  Heartbreaking, yet one of the best games I'd seen in a long while.

Moose

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 05:11:16 PM »
If this game is anything close to last years than it'll be well worth the $$ of admission.

The game at Rose Hill last year was damn riveting entertainment.  Heartbreaking, yet one of the best games I'd seen in a long while.

Sad but true.

Poison

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2011, 05:22:16 PM »
Let's just be glad that we're not playing Iona

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 06:00:41 PM »

Losing to Iona isnt as bad as you think, not this year anyways. Alot of teams will find this out, some coaches already knew this, which is why they wouldnt schedule the Gaels. This tourny should have included Iona,Hofstra,Fordham and St Johns. But I say that every year

Poison

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 06:29:39 PM »

Losing to Iona isnt as bad as you think, not this year anyways. Alot of teams will find this out, some coaches already knew this, which is why they wouldnt schedule the Gaels. This tourny should have included Iona,Hofstra,Fordham and St Johns. But I say that every year

I agree. Iona is very talented this year. Still, in order for there to be a real local tournament, and have it become something that makes sense for SJ, the locals have to pick it up. That said, we need to pick it up too.

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 08:57:04 PM »

But losing to Fordham would be very bad unless we are to accept the standard of success of our last coaching staff.

Poison

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 09:01:35 PM »
Hey Realfan, if there's one thing you can say about Norm, it's that he never lost to Fordham. Not once.

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2011, 10:15:18 PM »
Hey Realfan, if there's one thing you can say about Norm, it's that he never lost to Fordham. Not once.

No but he was humiliated by Tom Pecora and Hofstra which is even worse.  I remember when we lost to Hofstra at home by about 25 points.  What a disgrace that was.

Poison

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2011, 01:07:11 AM »

No but he was humiliated by Tom Pecora and Hofstra which is even worse.  I remember when we lost to Hofstra at home by about 25 points.  What a disgrace that was.

Realfan, that was a joke. Norm only agreed to play Fordham his last year here because they were utterly horrible. Roberts got housed by Hofstra more than once. It was awful for me because I was at every Hofstra loss under Norm. Over the years I have grown to truly hate that guy. Maybe even as much as you.

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2011, 11:03:45 AM »

Same thing happened to Lavin last year and we made that guy Garces look like an NBA star while Evans sat out.  If it comes down to Dunlap vs Pecora my money's on Fordham.  Sad but true.

Realfan, that was a joke. Norm only agreed to play Fordham his last year here because they were utterly horrible. Roberts got housed by Hofstra more than once. It was awful for me because I was at every Hofstra loss under Norm. Over the years I have grown to truly hate that guy. Maybe even as much as you.

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2011, 01:58:36 PM »
I think St Johns is open as 8.5 favorites

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2011, 08:27:55 PM »

This is a Fordham team that lost to MONMOTH by 15.  If we cant beat Fordham then we are not worthy of Division I status.

boo3

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2011, 08:30:39 PM »

This is a Fordham team that lost to MONMOTH by 15.  If we cant beat Fordham then we are not worthy of Division I status.

We need a win very badly. I'm scared shitless of an injury at this point.  If we get in foul trouble in games we may end up finishing the game 5 on 4. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:30:52 PM by boo3 »