« Reply #300 on: April 22, 2012, 05:17:15 PM »
welcome orlando

paultzman

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #301 on: April 22, 2012, 05:30:16 PM »
Never had a doubt on this duo,

Truer words never spoke.

This was in the bag for over a month.

And y'all can thank the most maligned member of the staff for the early and constant attention.

Peace out!

-Choz4Life

+100 Choz!!
Choz, should have noted how much I appreciate Tony Chiles, tireless and well respected coach and recruiter. He did receive all the bad raps about Rise Academy, but that was not his sole decision. Talk to the good guys in the HS and AAU community, who can vouch for his integrity, knowledge and decency. Blessed to have him!!!

« Reply #302 on: April 22, 2012, 06:59:28 PM »
welcome to the dynamic duo.  both fill strong needs.  and thanks to mr. lavin and staff.  great work guys.

desco80

« Reply #303 on: April 22, 2012, 07:23:32 PM »
Never had a doubt on this duo,

Truer words never spoke.

This was in the bag for over a month.

And y'all can thank the most maligned member of the staff for the early and constant attention.

Peace out!

-Choz4Life

+100 Choz!!
Choz, should have noted how much I appreciate Tony Chiles, tireless and well respected coach and recruiter. He did receive all the bad raps about Rise Academy, but that was not his sole decision. Talk to the good guys in the HS and AAU community, who can vouch for his integrity, knowledge and decency. Blessed to have him!!!

Choz and Paultz are absolutely right.   Tony C took a beating on these boards post Rise, and then again when Nuri departed. 
Give credit where credit is due.   

« Reply #304 on: April 22, 2012, 07:39:02 PM »
Welcome aboard!!!

desco80

« Reply #305 on: April 22, 2012, 09:41:32 PM »
Btw, I don't know if anyone else has seen this.. but once again the Friars of suburban Boston are claiming we paid to get a player, this time it's Sanchez.

Because that's what we do when we're trying to sign a nice JUCO player, who doesn't project to start for either of his two years here ... throw thousands of dollars at him.    :idiot2:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=425&f=1323&t=8928275&p=2

Second time in 2 months they've said that about us.   And another clown on their message board has a vitamin water-bottle as his icon.
I'm beginning to think they don't want to be friends..
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:48:41 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #306 on: April 22, 2012, 09:45:59 PM »
Btw, I don't know if anyone else has seen this.. but once again the Friars of suburban Boston are claiming we paid to get Sanchez.

Because that's what we do when we're trying to sign a nice JUCO player, who doesn't project to start for either of his two years here ... throw thousands of dollars at him.    :idiot2:

Second time in 2 months they've said that about us.   And another clown on their message board has a vitamin water-bottle as his icon.

Soar losers, like its that hard to believe that a good player would play for a team located in NYC playing home games at MSG with an established coaching staff who has had success. Not to mention we ran their team out of the gym last year with 6 guys, all new comers. Pathetic

« Reply #307 on: April 22, 2012, 09:54:02 PM »
Btw, I don't know if anyone else has seen this.. but once again the Friars of suburban Boston are claiming we paid to get a player, this time it's Sanchez.

Wow...that's some serious sour grapes over there.

Moose

« Reply #308 on: April 22, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »
The worst part of the Providence fans is those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  If you think another school cheated fine.  But you landed two top level prospects in Ledo and Dunn.  After they have gone thru 10 yrs of crap just like we have.  So don't turn your head to what you have.  Suck it up and move on.
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #309 on: April 22, 2012, 09:57:03 PM »
Cut them some slack.  We just swiped 2 of their biggest targets.

If they went to PC, there are members here that would make similar accusations. 

« Reply #310 on: April 22, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »
Btw, I don't know if anyone else has seen this.. but once again the Friars of suburban Boston are claiming we paid to get Sanchez.

Soar losers, like its that hard to believe that a good player would play for a team located in NYC playing home games at MSG with an established coaching staff who has had success. Not to mention we ran their team out of the gym last year with 6 guys, all new comers. Pathetic

This one made me laugh:

"yeah all of a sudden MSG and NY has all these top recruits in love with the program for the first time in what 10 YEARS ???

weren't all those perks still in play before Lavin got there ? think about it"

Come on, a fan of PC can't be that ignorant to not see the reason for our lack of good recruiting the last 10 years.

paultzman

« Reply #311 on: April 22, 2012, 09:57:37 PM »
The worst part of the Providence fans is those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  If you think another school cheated fine.  But you landed two top level prospects in Ledo and Dunn.  After they have gone thru 10 yrs of crap just like we have.  So don't turn your head to what you have.  Suck it up and move on.

Down goes Frazier! oops, meant Shurina Cheese!

Mike

« Reply #312 on: April 22, 2012, 09:57:42 PM »

Cause our fan base never says that about other schools who get one of our recruits  ::)

Mike

« Reply #313 on: April 22, 2012, 09:58:33 PM »
Cut them some slack.  We just swiped 2 of their biggest targets.

If they went to PC, there are members here that would make similar accusations. 

+1

« Reply #314 on: April 22, 2012, 09:59:17 PM »
Looks like Shurina Cheese has been posting under assumed alias' on the Providence scout.com board.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:04:18 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #315 on: April 22, 2012, 10:00:36 PM »

Cause our fan base never says that about other schools who get one of our recruits  ::)

To be fair though, most of the teams I see accused on this board of wrongdoing have a track record of NCAA rule breaking, Baylor for example.

desco80

« Reply #316 on: April 22, 2012, 10:12:03 PM »

To be fair though, most of the teams I see accused on this board of wrongdoing have a track record of NCAA rule breaking, Baylor for example.

I think that's pretty accurate.    We might make pretty weak arguments that Gathers was paid, when we don't really know.   But it's usually Baylor or Calipari that I hear getting ripped on here.    But let's be honest, there's reasons to suspect those programs are dealing under the table.

Would our board have claimed $$ if Kyle Anderson went to Seton Hall?  Doubtful.    Do any of us question Ledo or Dunn going to PC? Nope. 

I think it's a little different when it's a small catholic school that's been in the same conference as you for 30 years.   A lot different than say Calipari, Drew, UNLV, etc. 

Mike

« Reply #317 on: April 22, 2012, 10:12:26 PM »

It's been going on longer than Baylor 

Poison

« Reply #318 on: April 22, 2012, 10:18:14 PM »
We are not in competition with Providence for anything. Let them say what they want. They are an A10 team in the BE.

crgreen

« Reply #319 on: April 22, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »

It's been going on longer than Baylor

C'mon.  IF you truly love your school, it's like your wife.  You can't picture anyone NOT thinking they're the most beautiful, most wonderful thing in the world.   So if someone picks somewhere else, it HAS to be some sort of illegal inducement.  HAS to be.  If you truly love your school, no other reason can possibly make sense :)