Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies
Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #360 on: April 23, 2012, 04:04:30 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Orlando Sanchez is headed home to the DR Wednesday & will sign his NLI to #stjbb there with his family later this week sources told @SNYtv”

Okay, thank you. Can you help me off the ledge?

Go ahead and jump...its not that far of a drop I promise ;)
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

redslope

« Reply #361 on: April 23, 2012, 04:06:32 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Orlando Sanchez is headed home to the DR Wednesday & will sign his NLI to #stjbb there with his family later this week sources told @SNYtv”

Maybe Steve gets some more miles by being in the Dominican for the signing

« Reply #362 on: April 23, 2012, 04:07:05 PM »
Day like today, I wanna be in the DR.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Marillac

« Reply #363 on: April 23, 2012, 07:46:58 PM »

Okay, thank you. Can you help me off the ledge?

Go ahead and jump...its not that far of a drop I promise ;)

LOL

« Reply #364 on: April 23, 2012, 11:25:30 PM »
Apparently his coach at Monroe is stating Sanchez has not committed anywhere, as reported by MjDinkens on Redmen.com
Perhaps just a formality?
Signing after committing may be considered a formality but never verbalizing a commitment seems to me to be more than a formality otherwise it is just a formality that Kate Upton is going on a date with me this saturday night.

monroe assistant athletic director tells me orlando isn't a done deal...yet.  not that it won't happen..but it's not done.

« Reply #365 on: April 23, 2012, 11:40:10 PM »
Orlando Posted this:

"Lo mas malo en la vida es tener que tomar desiciones que te van a cambiar la vida pero en realidad no saber para donde ir y en quien confiar"

Loosely translated:
"The worst thing in life is to make decisions that are going to change your life, but in reality, not knowing where to go and who to trust"

« Reply #366 on: April 23, 2012, 11:42:25 PM »
Sanchez not committed
auburn.247sports.com
JUCO power forward Orlando Sanchez has not committed to St. John's and is still considering Auburn and Providence.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Sanchez-not-committed-71305

« Reply #367 on: April 23, 2012, 11:45:06 PM »
Sanchez not committed
auburn.247sports.com
JUCO power forward Orlando Sanchez has not committed to St. John's and is still considering Auburn and Providence.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Sanchez-not-committed-71305

Already posted...other sources say he has committed
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #368 on: April 24, 2012, 07:53:23 AM »
I knew all along that signing Sanchez was a definite maybe. Knew this for months

« Reply #369 on: April 24, 2012, 07:54:53 AM »
it's still in the maybe column.  he's still undecided.

Moose

« Reply #370 on: April 24, 2012, 08:30:53 AM »
I knew all along that signing Sanchez was a definite maybe. Knew this for months

Cute
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #371 on: April 24, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »

Breaking news! Insider info! So cool!

Gumby

« Reply #372 on: April 24, 2012, 08:50:22 AM »

What is next in terms of inside info- KA reconsiders and goes to Iona?

« Reply #373 on: April 24, 2012, 09:06:17 AM »
No Anderson wanted to go to Seton Hall up until a week before he signed at UCLA. Again, I've known this for years but couldn't post it.

kjd01067

« Reply #374 on: April 24, 2012, 08:15:39 PM »
paultzman how would you compare him to GG? 

It's not even close.  Orlando has much better hands, a pretty consistent midrange jumpshot, probably 2 inches bigger, runs the floor better and is an extremely impressive passer.

Orlando takes ridiculously long strides when he runs.  Can use some work on some of the finite footwork but I really believe the kid is an NBA player.

Bump

desco80

« Reply #375 on: April 24, 2012, 11:23:46 PM »
paultzman how would you compare him to GG? 

It's not even close.  Orlando has much better hands, a pretty consistent midrange jumpshot, probably 2 inches bigger, runs the floor better and is an extremely impressive passer.

Orlando takes ridiculously long strides when he runs.  Can use some work on some of the finite footwork but I really believe the kid is an NBA player.

Bump

I think I've asked this before, but Theo said he thought Sanchez looked like a future NBA-player... really??   
That would be tremendous.   But I didn't see that kind of talent jumping off the screen when I watched his two playoff games online.

The moving without the ball, passing, ball-handling ... that's all true though, from what I saw.   Just didn't see any one skill that jumped out at me.  Or a go to scoring move.

crgreen

« Reply #376 on: April 24, 2012, 11:48:51 PM »

What is next in terms of inside info- KA reconsiders and goes to Iona?

Naw - it's Oak Hill's Jordan Adams now telling RIVALS that he's had to bite his tongue till signing day, but that he, Shabazz Mohammad and Kyle Anderson made a pact two ago they were all going to UCLA.   Coulda saved the Jungle about 2,500 KA posts!  http://ucla.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1353980

pmg911

« Reply #377 on: April 26, 2012, 12:19:46 PM »
Naw - it's Oak Hill's Jordan Adams now telling RIVALS that he's had to bite his tongue till signing day, but that he, Shabazz Mohammad and Kyle Anderson made a pact two ago they were all going to UCLA.   Coulda saved the Jungle about 2,500 KA posts!  http://ucla.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1353980

If this is true then Anderson lied to the press a two weeks ago when he said he was going to Seton Hall until a week before he made his announcement and changed his mind to UCLA the week before he announced.

Kyle Anderson
St. Anthony (Jersey City, N.J.), G/F
Signed to: UCLA
The school that came in second for me was …
“Seton Hall. I’ve never told anyone this, but this is crazy. Exactly a week before I chose UCLA I had decided that I was going to Seton Hall. It was a done deal. Then I had another talk with my family the next day and I felt like it was UCLA. If UCLA didn’t exist I’d be at Seton Hall, no question. I just couldn’t turn down [UCLA], the tradition, the weather, the beach, all the pros that play there in the summer. Plus I’m cool with Russell Westbrook and Kevin Love, just everything about it. And I mean, c’mon, it’s L.A.!”

desco80

« Reply #378 on: April 26, 2012, 12:25:03 PM »
Anyone else take the 4/5/6 train the last two days and notice the huge advertisements for Monroe College??  (home to Marco and Orlando)

The ads tout Monroe's athletics teams and school spirit... and take up the whole length of the subway car haha

"Here are Some Statistics to Know:  national ranking for Monroe's teams - Men's Basketball #3, Mens/Womens Soccer #2, Women's Basketball #1"

« Reply #379 on: April 26, 2012, 12:30:57 PM »

If this is true then Anderson lied to the press a two weeks ago when he said he was going to Seton Hall until a week before he made his announcement and changed his mind to UCLA the week before he announced.

Kyle Anderson
St. Anthony (Jersey City, N.J.), G/F
Signed to: UCLA
The school that came in second for me was …
“Seton Hall. I’ve never told anyone this, but this is crazy. Exactly a week before I chose UCLA I had decided that I was going to Seton Hall. It was a done deal. Then I had another talk with my family the next day and I felt like it was UCLA. If UCLA didn’t exist I’d be at Seton Hall, no question. I just couldn’t turn down [UCLA], the tradition, the weather, the beach, all the pros that play there in the summer. Plus I’m cool with Russell Westbrook and Kevin Love, just everything about it. And I mean, c’mon, it’s L.A.!”

No not really.  Adams said they made this pact 2 years ago.  Kyle Anderson probably thought about breaking the pact and then in the end decided not to.  That assumes there ever was a pact or that Kyle really was going to SHU up until a week before his decision.

At the end of the day, who cares?