Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies

pmg911

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #340 on: April 23, 2012, 01:32:20 PM »
Ridiculous. Seriously? How many winning seasons have they had in the last 15 years? They are a bottom feeder. Yea, they have a great coach who won 3 league games. He's great. Stop wasting my time.

Poison you said 15 years..    in that time frame SJU has 4 more wins then Providence, 238 to 234 but according to the NCAA we actually have only 192 wins because of 46 W's we had to vacate from Mike Jarvis.

Moose

« Reply #341 on: April 23, 2012, 01:36:49 PM »
Who cares! Let's enjoy a nice start to building a solid program!

Exactly. Let's talk about Orlando. Can he start at the 4 for us?

At 6'9, he'll have to, but he does look a little bit on the thin side for banging in the BE.

He's not thin.
Remember who broke the Slice news

DFF6

« Reply #342 on: April 23, 2012, 02:05:13 PM »

At 6'9, he'll have to, but he does look a little bit on the thin side for banging in the BE.

He's not thin.

I'll defer to your assessment, Moose.  I based my observation on that video posted of Orlando doing those ridiculous dunks.

Moose

« Reply #343 on: April 23, 2012, 02:13:11 PM »

He's not thin.

I'll defer to your assessment, Moose.  I based my observation on that video posted of Orlando doing those ridiculous dunks.

Hes not chiseled and he's not paper thin.  He's more defined than Moe.

paultzman

« Reply #344 on: April 23, 2012, 02:30:08 PM »

He's not thin.

Moose, for he edification of the concerned, could you post Sanchez' exact body fat%, wing span and jock size? come on!!

Moose

« Reply #345 on: April 23, 2012, 02:31:11 PM »

He's not thin.

Moose, for he edification of the concerned, could you post Sanchez' exact body fat%, wing span and jock size? come on!!

I can't.  I'm measuring how tall Hooper and Marco are

Marillac

« Reply #346 on: April 23, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »
Ridiculous. Seriously? How many winning seasons have they had in the last 15 years? They are a bottom feeder. Yea, they have a great coach who won 3 league games. He's great. Stop wasting my time.

Poison you said 15 years..    in that time frame SJU has 4 more wins then Providence, 238 to 234 but according to the NCAA we actually have only 192 wins because of 46 W's we had to vacate from Mike Jarvis.

C'mon PMG. Clearly STJ hasn't owned Providence, but when STJ is a decent or better team Providence is a step below in terms of attractiveness.  The same can be said with us next to Syracuse. Providence is probably the toughest school to recruit out of the old school Big East programs. 

Small Catholic schools should not be fighting, though!  They need us and we need them.

paultzman

« Reply #347 on: April 23, 2012, 03:17:55 PM »
assume this is nonsense? was posted on Redmen.com

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Sanchez-not-committed-71305

« Reply #348 on: April 23, 2012, 03:31:39 PM »
We never got conformation quotes like we did with Bourgault , maybe they are on to something?
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

desco80

« Reply #349 on: April 23, 2012, 03:35:58 PM »
We never got conformation quotes like we did with Bourgault , maybe they are on to something?

Not from Orlando, no.  Zags aritcle said:
“Both committed [Sunday] morning,” sources told SNY.tv.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/22/bourgault-to-st-johns/

« Reply #350 on: April 23, 2012, 03:43:57 PM »
Can Orlando bring the ball up the way Brownlee did? What was so impressive about Brownlee is that you could put him at all 5 positions. Obviously He's only going to bring up 2-3 times tops, but it helps. He played well inside, and passed very well. A terrific all around player. If Sanchez is on par with Brownlee then he is a terrific addition.
In the one juco tourney game I saw via the internet he can bring ball coast to coast. Brownlee is a pretty good comparison with Sanchez being a little bigger.

paultzman

« Reply #351 on: April 23, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »
Apparently his coach at Monroe is stating Sanchez has not committed anywhere, as reported by MjDinkens on Redmen.com
Perhaps just a formality?

« Reply #352 on: April 23, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »
Apparently his coach at Monroe is stating Sanchez has not committed anywhere, as reported by MjDinkens on Redmen.com
Signing after committing may be considered a formality but never verbalizing a commitment seems to me to be more than a formality otherwise it is just a formality that Kate Upton is going on a date with me this saturday night.

Chilleb

« Reply #353 on: April 23, 2012, 03:52:52 PM »
This could be epic if we land the little fish and not the big fish in both obekpa and sanchez

« Reply #354 on: April 23, 2012, 03:53:50 PM »
He's a Johnny.  Should be official by the end of the week.

paultzman

« Reply #355 on: April 23, 2012, 03:54:54 PM »
Signing after committing may be considered a formality but never verbalizing a commitment seems to me to be more than a formality otherwise it is just a formality that Kate Upton is going on a date with me this saturday night.

How do you know he did not verbal? Maybe his coach is out of the loop. BTW don't quit your day job, comedy not your calling.

paultzman

« Reply #356 on: April 23, 2012, 03:59:20 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Orlando Sanchez is headed home to the DR Wednesday & will sign his NLI to #stjbb there with his family later this week sources told @SNYtv”

« Reply #357 on: April 23, 2012, 04:00:05 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Orlando Sanchez is headed home to the DR Wednesday & will sign his NLI to #stjbb there with his family later this week sources told @SNYtv”

Nice, I was slightly nervous there for a second.

Poison

« Reply #358 on: April 23, 2012, 04:00:58 PM »

Okay, thank you. Can you help me off the ledge?

« Reply #359 on: April 23, 2012, 04:03:03 PM »

How do you know he did not verbal? Maybe his coach is out of the loop. BTW don't quit your day job, comedy not your calling.
I don't know. Was going by the recent prior posts which seemed to be saying he didn't commit. Let's just hope we get him. And BTW wasn't trying to be funny-was just fantasizing about Ms Upton.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:04:51 PM by Celtics11 »