Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies

LJSA

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #380 on: April 26, 2012, 02:58:08 PM »
Anyone else take the 4/5/6 train the last two days and notice the huge advertisements for Monroe College??  (home to Marco and Orlando)

The ads tout Monroe's athletics teams and school spirit... and take up the whole length of the subway car haha

"Here are Some Statistics to Know:  national ranking for Monroe's teams - Men's Basketball #3, Mens/Womens Soccer #2, Women's Basketball #1"

Something for all those PSAL kids who can't get eligible to think about. Why go to the middle of nowhere in Kansas or Idaho when you can play for a decent program right at home, and have your family and friends cheer you on.

sju89tr

« Reply #381 on: April 26, 2012, 03:32:22 PM »
Naw - it's Oak Hill's Jordan Adams now telling RIVALS that he's had to bite his tongue till signing day, but that he, Shabazz Mohammad and Kyle Anderson made a pact two ago they were all going to UCLA.   Coulda saved the Jungle about 2,500 KA posts!  http://ucla.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1353980

If this is true then Anderson lied to the press a two weeks ago when he said he was going to Seton Hall until a week before he made his announcement and changed his mind to UCLA the week before he announced.

Kyle Anderson
St. Anthony (Jersey City, N.J.), G/F
Signed to: UCLA
The school that came in second for me was …
“Seton Hall. I’ve never told anyone this, but this is crazy. Exactly a week before I chose UCLA I had decided that I was going to Seton Hall. It was a done deal. Then I had another talk with my family the next day and I felt like it was UCLA. If UCLA didn’t exist I’d be at Seton Hall, no question. I just couldn’t turn down [UCLA], the tradition, the weather, the beach, all the pros that play there in the summer. Plus I’m cool with Russell Westbrook and Kevin Love, just everything about it. And I mean, c’mon, it’s L.A.!”

No not really.  Adams said they made this pact 2 years ago.  Kyle Anderson probably thought about breaking the pact and then in the end decided not to.  That assumes there ever was a pact or that Kyle really was going to SHU up until a week before his decision.

At the end of the day, who cares?

I really don't care either Fordham but I truly believe had it not been for the negative things surrounding St Johns right around the time of his decision that we would have been hard to beat. 

« Reply #382 on: April 26, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »
Naw - it's Oak Hill's Jordan Adams now telling RIVALS that he's had to bite his tongue till signing day, but that he, Shabazz Mohammad and Kyle Anderson made a pact two ago they were all going to UCLA.   Coulda saved the Jungle about 2,500 KA posts!  http://ucla.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1353980

If this is true then Anderson lied to the press a two weeks ago when he said he was going to Seton Hall until a week before he made his announcement and changed his mind to UCLA the week before he announced.

Kyle Anderson
St. Anthony (Jersey City, N.J.), G/F
Signed to: UCLA
The school that came in second for me was …
“Seton Hall. I’ve never told anyone this, but this is crazy. Exactly a week before I chose UCLA I had decided that I was going to Seton Hall. It was a done deal. Then I had another talk with my family the next day and I felt like it was UCLA. If UCLA didn’t exist I’d be at Seton Hall, no question. I just couldn’t turn down [UCLA], the tradition, the weather, the beach, all the pros that play there in the summer. Plus I’m cool with Russell Westbrook and Kevin Love, just everything about it. And I mean, c’mon, it’s L.A.!”

No not really.  Adams said they made this pact 2 years ago.  Kyle Anderson probably thought about breaking the pact and then in the end decided not to.  That assumes there ever was a pact or that Kyle really was going to SHU up until a week before his decision.

At the end of the day, who cares?

I really don't care either Fordham but I truly believe had it not been for the negative things surrounding St Johns right around the time of his decision that we would have been hard to beat.

You're probably right wrt SJU and there is no question that Willard and Co. did a good job on KA as well.  At this point I just see no reason to continue this, he's gone.  And I could care less what he does.

Gumby

« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2012, 06:30:48 PM »
That kid from Patterson is like a computer virus.  It (he) will not go away. Here he pops up on a site for one of this season's best recruits.  Let "Vinny Chase the Second"  RIP.  Focus on Orlando!!!

I do like the idea of HS kids from NYC heading up to Monroe for a year or two rather than going west.

sju89tr

« Reply #384 on: April 26, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »
That kid from Patterson is like a computer virus.  It (he) will not go away. Here he pops up on a site for one of this season's best recruits.  Let "Vinny Chase the Second"  RIP.  Focus on Orlando!!!

I do like the idea of HS kids from NYC heading up to Monroe for a year or two rather than going west.

Good point, I hope his college career is as good as the legend he created. I will give it a rest.

« Reply #385 on: April 27, 2012, 11:20:20 AM »
i guess he's going to "officially" announce on Facebook today...

Orlando Sanchez
Oficialmente yo voy a jugar con la universidad de ....................
I'm officially going to play with the University of... (Translated by Bing)
Like ·  · about an hour ago ·

LJSA

« Reply #386 on: April 27, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »

Orlando Sanchez

I heard it's Auburn.

« Reply #387 on: April 27, 2012, 05:04:36 PM »
That is not funny!

« Reply #388 on: April 27, 2012, 05:11:31 PM »

Orlando Sanchez

I heard it's Auburn.
Don't even joke like that :)

« Reply #389 on: April 27, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
could the possibility of Orlando committing somewhere else be the reason why Lavin is still bringing in a few recruits on visits?

« Reply #390 on: April 27, 2012, 05:33:24 PM »
Please stop! This is torture.

Poison

« Reply #391 on: April 27, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »
He's not committing to Auburn. That would be insane. Auburn is one of the worst programs in the nation.

ras

« Reply #392 on: April 27, 2012, 05:40:31 PM »
Saw a tweet he is signing his LOI Wed in DR,

paultzman

« Reply #393 on: April 27, 2012, 05:46:48 PM »
Sedatives for all of our antsy members! LJSA causing heart attacks!

paultzman

« Reply #394 on: April 27, 2012, 05:49:54 PM »
Tweeted 4 minutes ago, relax!!!!!

“@NYPost_Brazille: Orlando Sanchez has committed and #stjbb will get his NLI this weekend, per source, which confirms @AdamZagoria report #boyshoops”

Poison

« Reply #395 on: April 27, 2012, 05:52:26 PM »
Tweeted 4 minutes ago, relax!!!!!

“@NYPost_Brazille: Orlando Sanchez has committed and #stjbb will get his NLI this weekend, per source, which confirms @AdamZagoria report #boyshoops”

No need to freak out. We are competing with Auburn and Providence.

paultzman

« Reply #396 on: April 27, 2012, 06:02:07 PM »
For the  worried wounded

“@NYPost_Brazille: Orlando Sanchez has signed with #stjbb per a Monroe CC release.”

Zags just reported the same.

“@AdamZagoria: Orlando Sanchez Signs With St. John's http://t.co/tlhc2p9i
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:21:22 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #397 on: April 27, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »
thank the lord! will have a few cold ones tonight in honor of Sampson and Sanchez signing NLI

Moose

« Reply #398 on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:58 PM »
LJ
Don't stir the pot like that
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #399 on: April 27, 2012, 06:29:49 PM »
With more to come! Baron, Paul Hewitt, Seth Greenberg or Lavin? Lucky to have this  guy!!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:30:20 PM by paultzman »