@STJCoachLavin

• 576 replies
Re: @STJCoachLavin
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2012, 01:09:28 PM »
WASJU
Go and talk to people that have had prostate cancer surgery, from what I'm told peeing immediately is the biggest issue.  If you can't get to a bathroom it's  going to come out anyway.  Control is the issue, you lose it after surgery. The way Lavin ran around during those four games must have set him back months for a normal recovery.  The other issue is the newer procedure to preserve the nerves so you can still have sex.  I have little knowledge on this procedure and the after effects, but if running and jumping around on the sidelines meant I was killing any chance of it working unless I stopped doing that for an extended period of time, it's pretty obvious what I and  most of us would do.

I am not doubting his reasons for not coaching this season. To me this "he is out recruiting" and the blowing smoke up Dunlap's arse just seems "fake" to me. Are they currently updates about Calhoun's status daily. I have said all along a simple "coach will be back when he is ready" would have sufficed. Everything just seems to "staged". Would have made more sense to me if he was not out recruiting as well as not coaching. That is my opinion anyway.
Hasn't he already said he'll be on the bench next season.

boo3

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »
Just to play devil's advocate for a minute.

Is it possible that the fact we have had a few de-commits, as well as the fact that no one has yet to sign up for next year, is a direct result of Lavin not coming right out and telling these kids and their families, definitively , that he will be on the sidelines next year?

Was part my thought process
He got branch to commit.

Very true, and i thought about this also.  Branch was under a different set of circumstances.  He needed to transfer to get out of a bad situation and need to do so before the semester began, i believe.  Perhaps Steve saying something to the effect of " I will do everything in my power to be on the bench next year, and forsee no reason why i won't be"...  was enough for him.

I'm just speculating, I expect him to be back next year, if not earlier.  What we need is for these names ( recruits) to start dropping in our favor.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:33:20 PM by boo3 »

paultzman

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2012, 01:28:53 PM »
FWIW, just spoke to former SJU Assistant Coach who, in his opinion, says there is no doubt that Lavin will return.  No rediculous cross examinations and conspiracy theories please, just sharing info from someone I think has a read on the situation.

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2012, 01:35:56 PM »
FWIW, just spoke to former SJU Assistant Coach who, in his opinion, says there is no doubt that Lavin will return.  No rediculous cross examinations and conspiracy theories please, just sharing info from someone I think has a read on the situation.

Sharing info gets you criticized, unless of course it fits your needs. You should be ok

paultzman

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2012, 01:39:34 PM »
Gracias Baldi.

desco80

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2012, 05:43:45 PM »
WASJU
Go and talk to people that have had prostate cancer surgery, from what I'm told peeing immediately is the biggest issue.  If you can't get to a bathroom it's  going to come out anyway.  Control is the issue, you lose it after surgery. The way Lavin ran around during those four games must have set him back months for a normal recovery.  The other issue is the newer procedure to preserve the nerves so you can still have sex.  I have little knowledge on this procedure and the after effects, but if running and jumping around on the sidelines meant I was killing any chance of it working unless I stopped doing that for an extended period of time, it's pretty obvious what I and  most of us would do.

I am not doubting his reasons for not coaching this season. To me this "he is out recruiting" and the blowing smoke up Dunlap's arse just seems "fake" to me. Are they currently updates about Calhoun's status daily. I have said all along a simple "coach will be back when he is ready" would have sufficed. Everything just seems to "staged". Would have made more sense to me if he was not out recruiting as well as not coaching. That is my opinion anyway.

Yes, he has.   But still the rumors persist. 

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2012, 05:52:02 PM »
WASJU

Like Twain, rumors of Lav's demise at St. John's have been greatly exaggerated! lol

DFF6

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2012, 06:43:05 PM »
That's the girl we watched do the "Dougie" a coupla weeks back?

Look at page 3 of the NY Post today.
I think if I had a choice I would pick being Mark Sanchez instead of Eli. Sure I would be a noodle armed QB who stares down his receiving targets but geesh Kate Upton sure looks like fun!

See the link below.  Looks like fun indeed!

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/upton_snags_si_swimsuit_cover_MPVGfuEv8gxqAhm7qavmFJ

boo3

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »
That's the girl we watched do the "Dougie" a coupla weeks back?

Look at page 3 of the NY Post today.
I think if I had a choice I would pick being Mark Sanchez instead of Eli. Sure I would be a noodle armed QB who stares down his receiving targets but geesh Kate Upton sure looks like fun!

See the link below.  Looks like fun indeed!

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/upton_snags_si_swimsuit_cover_MPVGfuEv8gxqAhm7qavmFJ

Damn!  You know she's got a sick rack when you can see "side-boob" from the front!   :o

MCNPA

« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2012, 07:03:06 PM »
Funny how some y'all still dont understand how hard it is when you is in front of thousands of peoples, wit TV cameras on you, wit players you gotta coach, wit a staff you gotta lead....

......and there aint a toilet around and you cant control yo water too good.

I've been telling them the same Choz.  People aren't going to listen when they feel that they know better themselves. 

MCNPA

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2012, 07:04:42 PM »
WASJU

Rumors still persist because some "fans" still like to create negative rumors and enjoy the buzz it creates. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:05:34 PM by MCNPA »

paultzman

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2012, 07:06:08 PM »
+1 Marcus

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2012, 08:04:45 PM »
WASJU

Rumors still persist because some "fans" still like to create negative rumors and enjoy the buzz it creates.

That's really all it is. For every one "source" who believes Lavin is not returning, there are 10 who believe that he is coming back next season if not sooner. But, which side of that argument is going to create a stir on SJU message boards? Like I said, some people are naturally pessimists, and when they hear a rumor like that they run with it. I'm not sure how much more proof you need than Lavin coming out and saying "I will be on the sideline next year."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:05:06 PM by redstorm212 »

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2012, 08:59:36 AM »

If this is directed at me you have the reading comprehension of a 1st grader. I simply posted that IN MY OPINION there seems to be a real chance Lavin might not come back. I think I stressed it a minimum of ten times. I have always been a fan of the basketball program but I chose to matriculate elsewhere. After reading some of the posts on these boards I would say I made a wise decision. No offense to any of you who went to SJU and can read.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:00:48 AM by we are sju »

DFF6

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2012, 09:51:20 AM »

If this is directed at me you have the reading comprehension of a 1st grader. I simply posted that IN MY OPINION there seems to be a real chance Lavin might not come back. I think I stressed it a minimum of ten times. I have always been a fan of the basketball program but I chose to matriculate elsewhere. After reading some of the posts on these boards I would say I made a wise decision. No offense to any of you who went to SJU and can read.

No offense taken. Nice use of matriculate to demonstrate your erudition.

sju89tr

« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2012, 09:56:10 AM »

You clearly said it was your opinion. You have every right to fee the way you do ( i am sure many people question what is going on in their minds) however we rehash this every freaking day. In addition, others then chime in with their sources but yet no one is willing to reveal WHO to add credibility to their statements.

« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2012, 10:09:55 AM »
You clearly said it was your opinion. You have every right to fee the way you do ( i am sure many people question what is going on in their minds) however we rehash this every freaking day. In addition, others then chime in with their sources but yet no one is willing to reveal WHO to add credibility to their statements.

I think it was made fairly clear that Lavin probably wasn't coming back this season. I don't see a problem with that and it is not w/o precedence for a coach to miss a season. Yet people are still giving target dates for his return this season. My post was about for the first time I am starting to think he might not come back at all.

The reason this is going to come up is it is the 10,000 pound elephant in the room. This season has been pretty much a disaster off the court. As long as Lavin is coming back I think most of us feel that things can be righted. If Lav leaves.......Well until he does come back it is hanging over the program like an anvil no matter what some of the Pollyanna's on the board are saying. This whole absence just has been handled bizarrely IMO. And judging by what is going on with our recruiting I do not feel I am the only one who is questioning this.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:13:32 AM by we are sju »

MCNPA

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2012, 10:17:57 AM »

Actually Bobre, if you had any grasp of reading comprehension, you'd realize that I didn't direct my post at you at all only fans that like to create rumors.  You seem to have taken it upon yourself to raise your hand and acknowledge that you should be the target of my response. 

The truth is that rumors are really the opinions of guys like yourself that are posted on a message board For everybody to see that are both potentially damaging and without basis.  You see, Lavin has already said he'll be back.  He's recruiting players for him to coach next year.  What you're really saying is that you think Lavin is a liar and that you prefer to keep posting potentially damaging rumors based on your postulation.

I could much the same post that I think you are a cross-dresser for example.  You might post that you are not, but it is just my baseless opinion that you are a cross dresser because my version of "common-sense" says so. Well everybody can read that.  Sooner or later it's all over the net that Bobre is a cross-dresser.  Lucky for you that you don't have the type of job where recruits might read on public forums about your cross-dressing.  That might be damaging in some way to your personal or professional situation.  Point is that rumors are started just like that and are potentiall damaging to SJU's coaching and recruiting goals. 

boo3

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
 Wasju = Bobre?   Now i am really confused.  I need a break from here.  :D

sju89tr

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2012, 10:32:44 AM »

I think it was made fairly clear that Lavin probably wasn't coming back this season. I don't see a problem with that and it is not w/o precedence for a coach to miss a season. Yet people are still giving target dates for his return this season. My post was about for the first time I am starting to think he might not come back at all.

The reason this is going to come up is it is the 10,000 pound elephant in the room. This season has been pretty much a disaster off the court. As long as Lavin is coming back I think most of us feel that things can be righted. If Lav leaves.......Well until he does come back it is hanging over the program like an anvil no matter what some of the Pollyanna's on the board are saying. This whole absence just has been handled bizarrely IMO. And judging by what is going on with our recruiting I do not feel I am the only one who is questioning this.

Didn't know you were bobre, I am traczok from redmen.com