@STJCoachLavin

• 576 replies
Re: @STJCoachLavin
« Reply #300 on: March 22, 2012, 10:28:36 PM »
Wow, Baldi said this months ago. Fck, hope this isnt the 40% of the time Im right

40% is a bit generous

Looks like my stock might be rising

« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2012, 10:29:05 PM »
Wow, Baldi said this months ago. Fck, hope this isnt the 40% of the time Im right

40% is a bit generous
04% :)

« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2012, 10:31:36 PM »

40% is a bit generous

You forgot the decimal point .4%
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #303 on: March 22, 2012, 10:35:17 PM »

40% is a bit generous

You guys better hope. Even a blind Baldi finds his mozzarella stick every once in awhile

« Reply #304 on: March 22, 2012, 10:44:28 PM »

40% is a bit generous

And even that's higher than Francesa's %
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:45:11 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #305 on: March 22, 2012, 10:47:08 PM »

40% is a bit generous

Has Francesa ever been right?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #306 on: March 22, 2012, 10:52:48 PM »

40% is a bit generous

yeah yesterday when he said the Tebow trade was horrible. lol

« Reply #307 on: March 22, 2012, 11:00:10 PM »

40% is a bit generous

MJ, put your $ on the Jets winning the AFC. Francessa destroyed Iona's season. Tank says its going to be sunny tomorrow, Im getting my skis out of the closet

« Reply #308 on: March 22, 2012, 11:10:26 PM »

40% is a bit generous

MJ, put your $ on the Jets winning the AFC. Francessa destroyed Iona's season. Tank says its going to be sunny tomorrow, Im getting my skis out of the closet
haaaaaaaaaaaaa

crgreen

« Reply #309 on: March 22, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »
Steve Lavin ‏ @STJCoachLavin
Johnnies recruiting momentum continues to surge. An outstanding 2012 class taking shape. Hammer to rock! #STJbb

Sanchez and Bourgault ready to verbal after their season is done?

Gets you excited right?

I love how Coach always reminds his twitter followers that he cannot use specific names when he talks recruiting.

Not sure where to post this.   The mod at UCLA's Scout site just posted that if Kevin O'neill is fired at Southern Cal, that Lav's has been rumored to be "actively campaiging" for the job for "some time".   He DID note in the post that it was a rumor. 

Don't personally buy it for a nano-second.

Should also note that the mods there are a minor reason for the poison atmosphere that contributed to Lavin leaving UCLA.   While he was coach, I believe Lavs  cut the site off from staff access due to the sites negativity and it spiralled from there for the final 3 years or so.

O'Neill already received an endorsement from the AD and that team will be good next year kind of like how St. John's was good last year. As for the interest it was other way around but this all happened back in December. It's dead now.

I am not sure how good they will be.  Do you know how bad you have to be to finish last in the PAC 10.  Plus he has no impact recruits coming in.  And expect UCLA and Arizona to be back on top next year.

O'Neill's problems are not just performance mind you.  He completely embarassed himself with that drunken incident in a hotel last year that nearly got him fired.

USC was decimated by injuries this season.  Sr. PG (former St. Anthonys and Fordham U.) Jio Fontan, 2011's 2nd leading scorer and leading assisst guy redshirted, will be back.  6'10 240 Soph PF Curtis Washington sat out the year as well, should be back.  6'6 frosh Wing Danilo Dragovic went down after one game - he'll be back (younger brother of 2 year UCLA starter Nikola Dragovic).  6'7 forward Evan Smith went down after 4 games.  6'6 starter Aaron Fuller only played 18 games.  Starting center Dwayne Dedmon only 20.  Backup PG Daniel Munoz went down after 12 games.   

The reason for no impact recruits for the coming year is the impact TRANSFERS who become eligible.   UCIrvine transfer Eric Wise sat out his transfer year and will be eligilbe.  He averaged 16 pts and 8 rebs for Irvine in 2011.  Also becoming eligible will be 6'7 Ari Stewart, an 8pt 5 reb Jr transfer from Wake Forest.

Barring another catastrophe, $C should be upper level in the Pac next season.  This years' leading scorer, Maurice Jones, who LED the Pac 10 in minutes played at 39 per game, won't start, and will be lucky to be the 7th man in the rotation at backup PG.

Counting tranfers, they had 5 scholarship players not play a minute, and 4 more miss at least 10 games...

« Reply #310 on: March 22, 2012, 11:18:43 PM »
Fontan has eligiblity left?

« Reply #311 on: March 22, 2012, 11:43:00 PM »
Johnnies recruiting momentum continues to surge. An outstanding 2012 class taking shape. Hammer to rock! #STJbb

Gets you excited right?

I love how Coach always reminds his twitter followers that he cannot use specific names when he talks recruiting.

Not sure where to post this.   The mod at UCLA's Scout site just posted that if Kevin O'neill is fired at Southern Cal, that Lav's has been rumored to be "actively campaiging" for the job for "some time".   He DID note in the post that it was a rumor. 

Should also note that the mods there are a minor reason for the poison atmosphere that contributed to Lavin leaving UCLA.   While he was coach, I believe Lavs  cut the site off from staff access due to the sites negativity and it spiralled from there for the final 3 years or so.

O'Neill already received an endorsement from the AD and that team will be good next year kind of like how St. John's was good last year. As for the interest it was other way around but this all happened back in December. It's dead now.

I am not sure how good they will be.  Do you know how bad you have to be to finish last in the PAC 10.  Plus he has no impact recruits coming in.  And expect UCLA and Arizona to be back on top next year.

O'Neill's problems are not just performance mind you.  He completely embarassed himself with that drunken incident in a hotel last year that nearly got him fired.

Get everyone healthy back, Jio Fontan will be a beast, plus 2 big time transfers in. They'll have depth and experience.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

crgreen

« Reply #312 on: March 22, 2012, 11:43:50 PM »

Pat Haden, the $C AD, seems pretty certain Fontan will get a medical waiver for last season.  But hey, it's the NCAA so who knows?!!

desco80

« Reply #313 on: March 23, 2012, 01:06:04 AM »
Upper level in the PAC 10/12 doesn't mean what it used to CR.   arguably they were the worst of the BCS conferences this season. 

but I agree with you that experience alone will help usc

crgreen

« Reply #314 on: March 23, 2012, 05:33:57 AM »
Upper level in the PAC 10/12 doesn't mean what it used to CR.   arguably they were the worst of the BCS conferences this season. 

but I agree with you that experience alone will help usc

With the classes coming in for UCLA and Arizona, the conference should pick-up considerably.  But you're right.  That's why I daid upper level of conference, rather than "good"!  :)

« Reply #315 on: March 23, 2012, 08:20:55 AM »

Gets you excited right?

Get everyone healthy back, Jio Fontan will be a beast, plus 2 big time transfers in. They'll have depth and experience.

2 things, that's fine and I don't doubt your points but let's remember: 1) The PAC 10 is terrible, seriously.  Arguably the worst BCS conference in the history of major conferences.  The freakin' regular season champ did NOT make the NCAA's.  Think about how bad that is.  The only at large bid went to Cal and they played in a play-in game and got WHUPPED. 2) O'Neill is a freak.  He had the Arizona job lined up for him before he pissed off Lute Olson so much that he was kicked to the curb.  The guy is hanging by a thread.

Perhaps you are right, if he brings enough back (remember he had Katin Reinhardt with a verbal before he backed out) he may survive.  But UCLA and Arizona should be significantly better, Washington and Stanford should be improved and relatively speaking the conference is still not that good.  Finishing 5th or 6th use to be a lock to make the NCAA's, now you can finish 1st OUTRIGHT and not make it.

pmg911

« Reply #316 on: March 23, 2012, 08:58:09 AM »
I'm sure you're the guy who notices the dog driving the car in this photo too. Sheesh! How is St. John's losing funny?

Wow Dave - you are an even bigger one then I originally thought.

« Reply #317 on: March 23, 2012, 12:09:44 PM »
Great clip but do you see the scroll on the bottom go by showing SJU losing to Duke 70 - 57, pretty funny

I'm sure you're the guy who notices the dog driving the car in this photo too. Sheesh! How is St. John's losing funny?
What dog? What car? ???

ras

« Reply #318 on: March 23, 2012, 01:43:17 PM »
Its remarkable re: the change of sentiment on this site. A month ago some posters were ready to slit their wrists now we are almost as optimistic as we were at the end of last year. If Lavins recruiting class pans out as advertized, we will really be looking foward to next year.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:44:54 PM by ras »

« Reply #319 on: March 23, 2012, 02:13:36 PM »

Pat Haden, the $C AD, seems pretty certain Fontan will get a medical waiver for last season.  But hey, it's the NCAA so who knows?!!

Mbakwe got his yesterday.  They should hear about Jio soon.