Moe and the 2012 Draft

• 982 replies
Re: Moe and the 2012 Draft
« Reply #840 on: June 18, 2012, 08:32:46 AM »

Tha Kid

« Reply #841 on: June 18, 2012, 10:38:29 AM »
Hoopsrumors.com's first mock draft predicts Moe going #7 to the Warriors!

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/06/hoops-rumors-mock-draft-version-10.html#more
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #842 on: June 18, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »
Lloyd Daniels. Felipe Lopez. Lenny Cooke. Sebastian Telfair. Even Lance Stephenson.

Moe Harkless knows the names and was fully prepared for the questions that came his way last week while in Chicago for the NBA Draft Combine.

The NBA higher-ups wanted to know why Harkless is different, why he won't join the group of overhyped New Yorkers who have underachieved in their quest for greatness.

"I wasn't highly touted," Harkless said. "It kept my head on straight."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19360016/with-his-maturity-skilled-harkless-sets-himself-apart-from-nyc-forebears
Mo is mature beyond his years. Credit to his mom for raising him up well.

I went from thinking he should have come back for 1 more year to now I can't wait for draft night to see how high he goes

+1   

+1 million

nothing would make me happier than to see a good local kid make it to the league.

on another note, we could possibly have 5 johnnies in the league next year:  Artest, Moe, DJ, Burell, Hardy

pmg911

« Reply #843 on: June 18, 2012, 12:33:31 PM »
on another note, we could possibly have 5 johnnies in the league next year:  Artest, Moe, DJ, Burell, Hardy

Have Hardy & Burrell been invited to camps or asked to particpate in summer Leagues with anyone..?

« Reply #845 on: June 18, 2012, 01:48:27 PM »

Have Hardy & Burrell been invited to camps or asked to particpate in summer Leagues with anyone..?

Burrell is working out for the Warriors this week.  And Hardy just ended his season in Italy. Have to believe he gets a look by an NBA team.

« Reply #846 on: June 18, 2012, 03:52:57 PM »

Burrell is working out for the Warriors this week.  And Hardy just ended his season in Italy. Have to believe he gets a look by an NBA team.

They're both long shots, might need another year at higher levels of competition, but I wish them both the best of luck.

MCNPA

« Reply #847 on: June 18, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
Lots of us thought Moe would benefit from an extra year.  I was mistaken.  He'll likely go lottery pick this year, which is fantastic for Moe.  It's all any SJU could want for the kid.  Kudos to Nate Blue as well on this one as it seems Moe wasn't making a mistake and rather listening to the right people and at the same time believing in what Moe's value was right now.  He still has to get drafted, but I think he'll go high.  Moe has very few question marks for these teams, and great character to match.  Hope Moe stays involved with the program.

« Reply #848 on: June 19, 2012, 02:34:08 AM »
Thanks... Moe will always be involved in st johns mens and womens basketball fundraisers or whatever is asked.  The entire basketball staff including mark fratto, ron and others all made it possible.  Now, all he can do is hopefully land on a good team and a solid organization and watch moe grow.  Alot of lottery teams are there for a reason.  So, havent really been trying to just go "as high as possible"... But the key word is organization... St johns was a good organization.. So keep that in mind on draft night.  Anyway, off to portland, dallas, houston, sac, and gsw.. Always good to read the board.

« Reply #849 on: June 19, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
Thanks... Moe will always be involved in st johns mens and womens basketball fundraisers or whatever is asked.  The entire basketball staff including mark fratto, ron and others all made it possible.  Now, all he can do is hopefully land on a good team and a solid organization and watch moe grow.  Alot of lottery teams are there for a reason.  So, havent really been trying to just go "as high as possible"... But the key word is organization... St johns was a good organization.. So keep that in mind on draft night.  Anyway, off to portland, dallas, houston, sac, and gsw.. Always good to read the board.

good luck man!

as someone who grew up in Jamaica, Queens, makes me proud to see a local kid succeed.  congrats to you and the family.

desco80

« Reply #850 on: June 19, 2012, 11:46:34 AM »
Inside Moe's training per Lenn:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/moe_at_work_djZrae7jQ8kJqWzb4kwFAP

Good article by Lenn, thanks for posting it Fordham.

Our friends up north apparently read the nyc papers too.   They weren't too thrilled with this quote from Moe's trainer at IMG (talking about Moe's mentality to be the best )..

"He told me there was another kid in his prep school, Ricky Ledo, who a lot of people were talking about. Moe ran him out of the school. He just put it in his mind that he was going to go after that kid every day on the court.".

PC fans are having a conniption. 
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=425&f=1323&t=9082656&p=1

uwsfan

« Reply #851 on: June 19, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »
Lots of us thought Moe would benefit from an extra year.  I was mistaken.  He'll likely go lottery pick this year, which is fantastic for Moe.  It's all any SJU could want for the kid.  Kudos to Nate Blue as well on this one as it seems Moe wasn't making a mistake and rather listening to the right people and at the same time believing in what Moe's value was right now.  He still has to get drafted, but I think he'll go high.  Moe has very few question marks for these teams, and great character to match.  Hope Moe stays involved with the program.

I wish Moe the best. But weather he should have returned for another year will be determined by his performance on the court & development his first couple of seasons, not his draft status

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

NYCoffey

« Reply #855 on: June 21, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »
Here's a video of the Mos workout with the trailblazers yesterday. Didn't get to watch the whole thing, but his shot looked good.

http://www.nba.com/blazers/tbtv/video.html?videoID=3794

paultzman

« Reply #856 on: June 24, 2012, 05:03:43 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Heard @Moeharkless lit it up at workout with Golden State today, per a source. #nycstandup #stjbb”

Nate!

MCNPA

« Reply #857 on: June 24, 2012, 05:24:40 PM »
Sam Amick of SI.com has Moe going 19th.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/06/20/nba-mock-draft-2012/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a0

I still think he will go higher.  I don't think there are 18 better, but who knows?

LJSA

« Reply #858 on: June 24, 2012, 06:13:24 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Heard @Moeharkless lit it up at workout with Golden State today, per a source. #nycstandup #stjbb”

Nate!

I know for a fact that they were very intrigued by him way before his workout. . .

Tha Kid

« Reply #859 on: June 25, 2012, 01:27:25 PM »
Anyone know if Moe was invited to the Green Room?  If not, will he be attending anyway since its in the NY area?
"I drink and I know things"