Moe and the 2012 Draft

• 982 replies

LJSA

Re: Moe and the 2012 Draft
« Reply #780 on: May 28, 2012, 07:39:42 PM »
CBS sports has Moe going 24 to Cavs.

He's closer to going seventh to the Warriors than he is going 24th to the Cavs.

Warriors really need a SF.  MKG, Barnes are Moe seem to be the 1, 2, 3 experts are talking up.

In a league where centers are hard to come by, if you can draft a SF willing and able to grab rebounds you need to go for him. Barnes is talented, but I think he's a coward.

Chilleb

« Reply #781 on: May 28, 2012, 09:22:54 PM »

Warriors really need a SF.  MKG, Barnes are Moe seem to be the 1, 2, 3 experts are talking up.

In a league where centers are hard to come by, if you can draft a SF willing and able to grab rebounds you need to go for him. Barnes is talented, but I think he's a coward.
Dorrel wright free agent?

LJSA

« Reply #782 on: May 28, 2012, 10:47:39 PM »

Dorrel wright free agent?

I think he has one more year, but I heard they were looking to package a bunch of players to get a big man to rotate in with Bogut and Lee.

« Reply #783 on: May 29, 2012, 01:32:42 AM »
An interview with St. John's freshman Moe Harkless, discussing his training regimen in Florida, his rapid ascent this season, his perimeter shooting ability, the transition from high school to college and now the NBA, and more

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1wEZ1bU8x
http://www.draftexpress.com

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Moe-Harkless-Im-Going-to-Surprise-a-Lot-of-People-3926/
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #784 on: May 29, 2012, 12:15:58 PM »
NBA Draft.net has him at 18 one spot ahead of Terrence Jones.  Not sure if he is better then him now but both have the potential to surprise.  It will be interesting to see who has abetter first few seasons

Moose

« Reply #785 on: May 29, 2012, 12:22:42 PM »
NBA Draft.net has him at 18 one spot ahead of Terrence Jones.  Not sure if he is better then him now but both have the potential to surprise.  It will be interesting to see who has abetter first few seasons

I just can't see Jones as a 3.  I don't see the foot speed for 3.  I would be drafting Jones as a slightly undersized 4 with a lot of brute strength.  I would put Moe as some have as the 3rd best SF in the draft behind MKG and Barnes. (yeah I like Barnes I know others hate him here)
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #786 on: May 29, 2012, 02:24:05 PM »
NBA drafts on sure things and potential. I don't see too many can't misses in this draft, and I don't see guys with more potential than Moe. Certainly not 13 of them

Moe has ideal size and length but his athleticism for the SF position is average at best in the NBA.  I'd take Quincy Miller over him every day of the week and twice on Sundays. 

Moose

« Reply #787 on: May 29, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »
NBA drafts on sure things and potential. I don't see too many can't misses in this draft, and I don't see guys with more potential than Moe. Certainly not 13 of them

Moe has ideal size and length but his athleticism for the SF position is average at best in the NBA.  I'd take Quincy Miller over him every day of the week and twice on Sundays. 

You like Quincy that much over Moe?

mkras99

« Reply #788 on: May 29, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »
From Chad Ford's draft chat:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44002/nba-insider-chad-ford

Alex (IL)

Kenneth Faried and Isaiah Thomas a couple great picks last year. This year, who do you think could be those surprise mid-first, second round players?

Chad Ford  (2:40 PM)

Could be Mo Harkless. Lots of teams warming up to him. A few teams are now looking at him as a possible lottery selection. If Tony Wroten can model his game after Rondo ... he could be that guy too.

Marillac

« Reply #789 on: May 29, 2012, 03:25:17 PM »
From Chad Ford's draft chat:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44002/nba-insider-chad-ford

Alex (IL)

Kenneth Faried and Isaiah Thomas a couple great picks last year. This year, who do you think could be those surprise mid-first, second round players?

Chad Ford  (2:40 PM)

Could be Mo Harkless. Lots of teams warming up to him. A few teams are now looking at him as a possible lottery selection. If Tony Wroten can model his game after Rondo ... he could be that guy too.

Surprised Ford isn't talking about Nuri still.  He was spot on with that last year.  Wroten is going to be a stud. 
@Moose,  I think Q is one of the safest players in the draft.  He has true guard skills and exceptional size and length for the SF position.  The problem I see with both him and Moe is that they both have slower feet.  Both are so skilled, though, but I culd see Q being a 20 ppg all-star if he adds a lot of strength.  His shot is going to be lethal.  I don't think there there is a player in the country that could do more with 20 pounds of muscle than this kid.  He also has a great personality and confidence to spare. 

boo3

« Reply #790 on: May 29, 2012, 03:26:31 PM »
I think Terrance Jones will be a better pro than college player. Just a hunch.  He's a better shooter than moe and can bang down low.  Hopefully he's motivated.  I'm a fan.

Moose

« Reply #791 on: May 29, 2012, 03:27:59 PM »
I think Terrance Jones will be a better pro than college player. Just a hunch.  He's a better shooter than moe and can bang down low.  Hopefully he's motivated.  I'm a fan.

I'm a big fan too.  When he shoots though I kind of feel like no no no no no and then it goes in.  I think he's better suited to just park his rear down low and do the dirty work.

« Reply #792 on: May 29, 2012, 03:32:25 PM »

Give me Moe over Quincy every day of the week and twice on Sundays! lol

I like Quincy but I think Moe will be the better of the two
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #793 on: May 29, 2012, 03:33:43 PM »

I'm a big fan too.  When he shoots though I kind of feel like no no no no no and then it goes in.  I think he's better suited to just park his rear down low and do the dirty work.

Yeah, it's more of a set shot.  I think he can be an effective 4 at the NBA level. He's a great athlete. All about motivation and what's between his ears.  He needs to land in good spot. A crap team would probably ruin him.

Moose

« Reply #794 on: May 29, 2012, 03:36:41 PM »

Yeah, it's more of a set shot.  I think he can be an effective 4 at the NBA level. He's a great athlete. All about motivation and what's between his ears.  He needs to land in good spot. A crap team would probably ruin him.

Always great to learn from a comparable player.  Not sure I can pinpoint a comparable to him right now.  Gotta think about it.

Marillac

« Reply #795 on: May 29, 2012, 03:38:04 PM »

Put 30 pounds of muscle on Quincy and nobody will be able to defend him.  Neither of them is a stud athletically, but Moe probably has the advantage in that department.  I would take Quincy in the lottery.

Moose

« Reply #796 on: May 29, 2012, 03:40:34 PM »

Put 30 pounds of muscle on Quincy and nobody will be able to defend him.  Neither of them is a stud athletically, but Moe probably has the advantage in that department.  I would take Quincy in the lottery.

Wouldn't 30 lbs sap the already lacking athleticism you speak of?

« Reply #797 on: May 29, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »

Always great to learn from a comparable player.  Not sure I can pinpoint a comparable to him right now.  Gotta think about it.

Josh smith? Mayybe?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:50:04 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #798 on: May 29, 2012, 03:47:03 PM »
Josh Smith is a good one.  I was thinking Michael Beasley.

We better stop though before the " thread off track" police come at us. ;)

Tha Kid

« Reply #799 on: May 29, 2012, 04:03:22 PM »
Shawn Marion?  He has a horrifically ugly shot and somehow was a three point shooter for a US Olympic Team*.

*On second thought, we should just forget they even played basketball at the Olympics that year and never bring this topic up ever again.
"I drink and I know things"