Moe and the 2012 Draft

• 982 replies
Re: Moe and the 2012 Draft
« Reply #700 on: May 10, 2012, 12:35:38 PM »
I hope Moe drops to #48.  8)

WOW that mean. Hope you are joking

What's mean that he hopes that he gets drafted lower or that he gets drafted by the Knicks

Jumpin' got it, Knicks could use him as a sixth man off the bench. But clearly that will never happen unfortunately.

Moose

« Reply #701 on: May 10, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »
I hope Moe drops to #48.  8)

WOW that mean. Hope you are joking

What's mean that he hopes that he gets drafted lower or that he gets drafted by the Knicks

Jumpin' got it, Knicks could use him as a sixth man off the bench. But clearly that will never happen unfortunately.

Actually Moe is very fortunate not to be anywhere near that mess :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #702 on: May 11, 2012, 08:10:38 PM »
Moe is working out for Toronto on Wednesday.  LOTTERY interest!!!
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

crgreen

« Reply #703 on: May 11, 2012, 10:42:12 PM »

Unless Raptors are thinking of trading out of the Lottery :)

« Reply #704 on: May 13, 2012, 10:22:02 PM »
Raps can use a SF bad. James Johnson played Solid at the end of the season put up some descent numbers.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #705 on: May 13, 2012, 10:56:19 PM »
At this point, what NBA player provides a good comparison for the type of player Moe ends up like?  I am talking down the line, when he reaches his potential.  I was thinking Rudy Gay.  My son, who follows the NBA more closely, says that is a bad comparison.  But when I see Gay play I see glimpses of Moe's game.

Tha Kid

« Reply #706 on: May 14, 2012, 09:30:31 AM »
I know everyone thinks moe will be a 3, but with centers getting smaller and moes ability to rebound I really think once he's 4-5 years in the lg he's a 3/4 but more of a 4 who goes outside.  Guys like josh smith, Antoine walker, Marvin Williams, Chris bosh come to mind in offensive game and rebounding only.  Defensively he won't be Williams/smith and hopefully won't be Antoine on the other end of the spectrum.  Jump shooting 4.  Maybe even a lil lamar odom.  These guys cover a wide range of offensive games but they are similar that they usually play 4 and are often jump shooters with somewhat of a post game but not a great one
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #707 on: May 14, 2012, 09:57:07 AM »
I know everyone thinks moe will be a 3, but with centers getting smaller and moes ability to rebound I really think once he's 4-5 years in the lg he's a 3/4 but more of a 4 who goes outside.  Guys like josh smith, Antoine walker, Marvin Williams, Chris bosh come to mind in offensive game and rebounding only.  Defensively he won't be Williams/smith and hopefully won't be Antoine on the other end of the spectrum.  Jump shooting 4.  Maybe even a lil lamar odom.  These guys cover a wide range of offensive games but they are similar that they usually play 4 and are often jump shooters with somewhat of a post game but not a great one

Agree with you kid. I wanna say he reminds me of Rudy gay but I think hes just a little more inside oriented than Rudy. And im sure moe will be able to rebound in the league once he gets a little more strength. He was the best rebounder ive ever got to see at st johns.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #708 on: May 14, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »

Agree with you kid. I wanna say he reminds me of Rudy gay but I think hes just a little more inside oriented than Rudy. And im sure moe will be able to rebound in the league once he gets a little more strength. He was the best rebounder ive ever got to see at st johns.
You must be in your 20's David Russell, Walter Berry and Jason Williams were better IMO
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:08:26 AM by Red2395 »

Tha Kid

« Reply #709 on: May 14, 2012, 11:25:22 AM »
Not looking at stats, but I remember Charles Minlend, Tyrone Grant, and Glover as all very good rebounders for those of us in our late 20s to remember.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #710 on: May 14, 2012, 12:01:06 PM »

You must be in your 20's David Russell, Walter Berry and Jason Williams were better IMO

right you are. Not much competition for the time ive witnessed. Cuff, glover, and emanual were the first bigs I got to watch.

Moes hands just never let go of the ball. Once he got his fingers on it the ball was goin with him

boo3

« Reply #711 on: May 14, 2012, 12:11:24 PM »
 Zendon Hamilton was a pretty good rebounder. Probably could have been better. As a soph he averaged 20 ppg and 10 rpg.

He did follow many of his own misses though.

Bootsy Thornton was a great rebounder for a 6'4 guard.

derk

« Reply #712 on: May 14, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »

You must be in your 40's.  ;D.  George Johnson and Mel Davis were better.

« Reply #713 on: May 14, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »
mel davis, leroy ellis, billy paultz.  mo is no where near the names that have been mentioned.   

« Reply #714 on: May 14, 2012, 02:51:04 PM »
They was all better as frosh? Or 1st year Varsity?

C'mon now.

Mo woulda surpassed a lotta names had he stayed his time.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #715 on: May 14, 2012, 03:17:53 PM »

Nope there has been mutual interest there for a while.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

crgreen

« Reply #716 on: May 14, 2012, 04:04:16 PM »
They was all better as frosh? Or 1st year Varsity?

C'mon now.

Mo woulda surpassed a lotta names had he stayed his time.

Mel Davis pulled down 16.1 as a 1st year eligible.  Sonny Dove 11.6.   B ob Zawoluk 10.2.   Leroy Ellis 10.1. George Johnson 9.7. 

crgreen

« Reply #717 on: May 14, 2012, 04:06:07 PM »

Didn't mean they weren't interested in Moe - just that if they want him, they might be able to drop lower in the first round and still get him - maybe pick up a 2nd rounder in the process....

« Reply #718 on: May 14, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »

Didn't mean they weren't interested in Moe - just that if they want him, they might be able to drop lower in the first round and still get him - maybe pick up a 2nd rounder in the process....

That isn't the case.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #719 on: May 14, 2012, 05:33:31 PM »
mel davis, leroy ellis, billy paultz.  mo is no where near the names that have been mentioned.   

Never saw them. But doubt that he could have been THAT far off. Every ball he touched he got. It really was amazing.

On a side note I really hope moe doesnt go to the raptors. Thats a tough place to play. If its lottery money however than good for him