Summer School

• 48 replies
Re: Summer School
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 12:40:41 PM »
who is the kid in the red t-shirt?

That was the only one I couldn't ID

Sam Sealy.
Looks like the tallest most buff kid there. :) :) :)

desco80

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 02:51:08 PM »

Sam Sealy.

Sealy was the same size as Moe last year.   I remember commenting during warmups nearly every game  that the staff must really not have any confidence in him to not use him for a few minutes a game.    You would think he would've seen more action with the little size and depth we had.   But I guess that just shows the  huge drop off in talent between scholarship players and walkons. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:51:29 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 04:19:38 PM »

Sam Sealy.

Sealy was the same size as Moe last year.   I remember commenting during warmups nearly every game  that the staff must really not have any confidence in him to not use him for a few minutes a game.    You would think he would've seen more action with the little size and depth we had.   But I guess that just shows the  huge drop off in talent between scholarship players and walkons. 

A friend of mine I got to school with went to high school with Sealy. He told me he got cut from the varsity as a junior.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2012, 04:21:40 PM »

Sam Sealy.

A friend of mine I got to school with went to high school with Sealy. He told me he got cut from the varsity as a junior.

Hate to say it as I appreciate him helping out as a walkon during practices but if your that height and not exactly going to HS in North Dakota and 330 something schools in D1 didn't offer a ship.  Then something is not right.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
Yeah, Tom Bayne also looked the part of a big menacing post player, all without the basketball skills. 

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2012, 07:51:45 PM »
Yeah, Tom Bayne also looked the part of a big menacing post player, all without the basketball skills.
I thought T-Bone was going to be the next Bob Lanier! :)

crgreen

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »

Sam Sealy.

So did Bill Russell.    :)

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »
Means Sealy could be the next Bill Russell instead of Pelle. :)

sju89tr

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2012, 08:26:19 PM »

Sam Sealy.

Hate to say it as I appreciate him helping out as a walkon during practices but if your that height and not exactly going to HS in North Dakota and 330 something schools in D1 didn't offer a ship.  Then something is not right.

The walk on competition will be tough next year. We had good ones last year but even the ones we had were not all eligible.

I remember when you and I saw Sealy at MM and wondered who he was.