Few notes from Baldi

• 102 replies
Few notes from Baldi
« on: November 20, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »
Sandy really kicked our ass down here in the Rockaways, but we are fighting back. Everyday is 1 day closer to normalcy. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts. My computer is gone as are a lot of things, so its been hard to follow what's going on in the sports world. But I did hear some things last night. Not sure if this is news or not,but Sanchez is waiting on his parents death certificates from the DR to present to NCAA. St Johns will be sporting gray unis shortly. And last but not least, St Johns is next on line to go to the ACC. As it turns out,ESPN pretty much has the final say on conference changes

paultzman

Re: Few notes from Baldi
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »
Great to hear from you man! Hang tough!

Poison

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 05:48:49 PM »
A computer you can replace. Glad to hear you're okay.

desco80

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 05:52:33 PM »
WOOOAHH

First and foremost Baldi I'm glad you're physically OK.  Hang in there.

You may not have had computer access, but damn you had some real bombshells to drop on us.   Let's break this down, because you brought a lot of info to the table.

1) Grey Unis

2) SJU to ACC

3) Sanchez waiting on his parents' death certificates

For what it's worth I hope you're right and all three happen ASAP.   

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 05:58:08 PM »
Sandy really kicked our ass down here in the Rockaways, but we are fighting back. Everyday is 1 day closer to normalcy. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts. My computer is gone as are a lot of things, so its been hard to follow what's going on in the sports world. But I did hear some things last night. Not sure if this is news or not,but Sanchez is waiting on his parents death certificates from the DR to present to NCAA. St Johns will be sporting gray unis shortly. And last but not least, St Johns is next on line to go to the ACC. As it turns out,ESPN pretty much has the final say on conference changes

Wondered where you had gone...was out in Rockaways a few weeks ago helping a friend clean up...what a mess...hope life returns to normal soon

NYCoffey

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 05:58:13 PM »
The SJ news is great but even better that your ok. Welcome back to a little bit of normalcy.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 06:00:28 PM »
Thanks guys. Ya this is probably known here, but when Sanchez' parents passed, he went back to DR and enrolled in a trade school. They are waiting on that paperwork as well

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 06:00:45 PM »
Great to hear from you baldi!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 06:01:23 PM »
Thanks guys. Ya this is probably known here, but when Sanchez' parents passed, he went back to DR and enrolled in a trade school. They are waiting on that paperwork as well

Never seen or heard that before. Sheds new light to the situation
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 06:02:44 PM »
Praise.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 06:19:59 PM »
I had this conversation while sipping some much needed brews, but its coming back to me. As Baldi previously predicted, Phil Greene is the starting PG, Branch is not as good as we hoped and is is soft...complains about everything. "Greene is so much better,its not even close"

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 06:29:33 PM »
I had this conversation while sipping some much needed brews, but its coming back to me. As Baldi previously predicted, Phil Greene is the starting PG, Branch is not as good as we hoped and is is soft...complains about everything. "Greene is so much better,its not even close"

Are you sure you are the real Baldi 4 post without a mention of Iona. Good hearing you'r doing as well as can be expected.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:30:16 PM by 96 Schermerhorn Street »

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 06:35:41 PM »

We miss you, Baldi.  Iona posts and all, the boards aren't the same without you.  Wishing you and your fam the best. 

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »
Still got shitty cell service, get none in the house so I'm out of the loop in college hoops happening. I do know Iona pasted Wake, other than that, nada

desco80

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 06:56:45 PM »
Yea this was mostly all news to us Baldi. 

There have been ACC rumors, but no one, so far, is taking them seriously. 

The stuff about the gray uniforms and Orlando's situation are definitely new.   Also, interesting evaluation of Phil and Branch. 

Glad you got a chance to throw a cold one back and take your mind off things.   

ras

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 07:09:46 PM »
Marco: I was wandering were you went. Believe it or not, I missed your posts.

Moose

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 07:16:11 PM »
Great to hear from Marco again.

And he is correct about the wardrobe change.
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »
By the way, re the ACC, just think if we were to join that conference we would go back to having probably 3 less home games.
Syracuse, Duke, and even UNC probably become  50/50 crowds for us at best. 

With that said; it would be the best possible scenario for St Johns.   Especially if Georgetown were to come with us somehow. 

More than anything I hope Baldi's source is right about that.   I don't see it, but maybe there's a way.   

boo3

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »
 ACC would take a non football school? 

gman

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 07:52:12 PM »
By the way, re the ACC, just think if we were to join that conference we would go back to having probably 3 less home games.
Syracuse, Duke, and even UNC probably become  50/50 crowds for us at best. 

With that said; it would be the best possible scenario for St Johns.   Especially if Georgetown were to come with us somehow. 

More than anything I hope Baldi's source is right about that.   I don't see it, but maybe there's a way.   

I don't see how they would take a non-fb school, but we would bring a lot to them in soccer, baseball, and a replacement lacrosse team for MD (not that we are an equal replacement, but a nice recruiting chip to the ACC teams offering more local games to NY/NJ/CT players).