Few notes from Baldi

• 102 replies

boo3

Re: Few notes from Baldi
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2012, 02:31:36 PM »
 I don't care why he's waiting. I just want it to end one way or another....so ridiculous. 

If he gets one year, by the time they announce it, it will be 1/2 over already!  F'n joke.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 02:31:47 PM by boo3 »

kob24

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »
That's the NCAA it's a joke

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2012, 02:53:42 PM »
Kob
How good is he in your opinion?

ras

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »
Kob : Is his clearance likely or a long shot?

Marillac

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »
I heard early after his transfer that Branch was "tearing it up" in practice.  Coach Dunlap said himself that Branch was a natural in the pick-and-roll and was really teaching Harrison and Greene a lot.

In my mind--based off his ranking, reputation, and the little bit I remembered of the AnM game--he was a can't miss kinda guy.  I soured in him a little after watching the replay of that game, but he was just a first semester freshman.

Moose

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2012, 03:12:50 PM »
I heard early after his transfer that Branch was "tearing it up" in practice.  Coach Dunlap said himself that Branch was a natural in the pick-and-roll and was really teaching Harrison and Greene a lot.

In my mind--based off his ranking, reputation, and the little bit I remembered of the AnM game--he was a can't miss kinda guy.  I soured in him a little after watching the replay of that game, but he was just a first semester freshman.

First instinct is your best.
2nd time around you were Marillac over-analyzing ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2012, 03:13:46 PM »
That's the NCAA it's a joke

The bigger programs make problems like this go away.

pmg911

« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2012, 03:27:28 PM »
Thanks J. This is a strong community, from Rockaway to Belle Harbor to Breezy Point. Guys like PMG will vouch for that. I have a new faith in humanity. Just the other day, my brother and I were clearing out my sister house..her basement and 1st floor were flooded. A group of volunteer Mormons saw us struggling. Mormon girls. They jumped right in, what would have taken us 3 days, took 3 hours because of 10 Mormon high school volunteers. Miracles happening

Hang tough Matty..   so good to hear about the people that helped you.

When I was cleaning out the house in Breezy, I saw a bunch of guys from National Guard or Army standing around. I honestly thought they might have been Army Core of Engineers or something. Out of curiosity, I asked what they were doing and they just said they were there to help - they had my entire house emptied in 45 minutes.

On what was one of the worst days of my life, these volunteers made it a whole lot easier.

I honestly don't think people can comprehend what happened to places like Breezy Popint and Rockaway until they see it in person. Its going to take YEARS for these communities to get back to normal. Like I said in another post too - Breezy Point will never be the same.

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2012, 03:43:14 PM »
Did someone just say UConn is the NYC market? Storrs, CT is 150 miles and 3 hours from Manhattan. St. John's is the only major NYC based team. Rutgers and UConn are quasi NY markets, but not real ones. You won't hear any hype in the NYC area if Rutgers or UConn are tearing it up, but when SJ is great you will know. UConn being an NYC market is as ridiculous as saying Lebanon, PA is a NYC suburb.

kob24

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2012, 03:46:37 PM »
I think him and deangelo are their best players. This team has a lot of athletes and what it is missing is a skilled player. That is what harkless was. A skilled player. He isn't harkless but in my humble opinion I think he is a pro.

kob24

« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »
Ras I'm  not sure. The NCAA hasn't cleared kabongo and him and Tristan has been friends since junior high. Yet we all know about the shabazz and Kyle recruitment and they both are cleared already. The NCAA is the mafia who knows what they are gonna do

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2012, 04:48:50 PM »
I think him and deangelo are their best players. This team has a lot of athletes and what it is missing is a skilled player. That is what harkless was. A skilled player. He isn't harkless but in my humble opinion I think he is a pro.

If Greene /Sampson are your third and 4th best players that is not bad. I think if Sanchez does clear it will still come down to Branch for us to be a tourney team.

kob24

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2012, 06:18:25 PM »
Yeah they do need another ball handler

TONYD3

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2012, 06:34:05 PM »
If Sampson is our 4 th best player - we are in great shape- sweet 16

RedVet

« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2012, 09:53:19 PM »

He's not. He's our best player.

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »
Huge red flags for the ncaa were Sanchez' age. Made them deeper

Moose

« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2012, 01:00:11 AM »

Wish I could bring back all those posts from ppl who questioned his jumper ;)

MCNPA

« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2012, 01:01:16 AM »

I've seen him shoot before, but he seems to have gotten a bit better.  Much better than I thought.

Moose

« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2012, 01:07:51 AM »

I've seen him shoot before, but he seems to have gotten a bit better.  Much better than I thought.

The difference from his Sr year to his prep year was significant.  I saw it last year when I watched him play at South Kent with Lav and Tony in attendance.  Once he gets more comfortable taking a guy off the dribble without extending his arm.  WATCH OUT!

« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2012, 12:01:58 PM »

His jumper has been great. Id like to see him get to the rim more though
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.