Villanova game thread

• 613 replies

Chilleb

Re: Villanova game thread
« Reply #420 on: January 02, 2013, 10:50:53 PM »
This is disappointing, the guys played great, coach didn't put the team in a position to win late and refs decided the game with the whistle. Come on now, jakarr's 4th foul was ridiculous compared to Amir's triple attempt at the bucket with contact.

Dan

« Reply #421 on: January 02, 2013, 10:51:31 PM »
It's typical of the posters on this board to act like a guy that hasn't suited up will lead this team to the promised land.  Rob Thomas was treated like Michael Jordan for quite some time.  "If only we had Rob Thomas guys!!!"

« Reply #422 on: January 02, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »
Two straight years the season is done by jan 2. So disappointing
At least we will get a higher draft pick.

« Reply #423 on: January 02, 2013, 10:52:08 PM »
Don't read too much into the OT.  They were gassed and with the foul trouble OT was going to be trouble.

They needed to win this game in regulation.

Dan

« Reply #424 on: January 02, 2013, 10:52:26 PM »
Not sure what people are constantly whining about?  We shot well, and were in position to win tonight.  Foul situation was huge in Nova's favor, and nobody can deny that.  What was wrong with the coaching?  This was a war and a lopsided reffing job pushed us over the edge.

Sure, why would anyone complain about losing a game to a team that was blown out by Columbia.  You have got to be kidding right?

especially after a loss to unc-ashville

Dan

« Reply #425 on: January 02, 2013, 10:52:55 PM »
Don't read too much into the OT.  They were gassed and with the foul trouble OT was going to be trouble.

How can a young team be "gassed"

« Reply #426 on: January 02, 2013, 10:54:31 PM »
Branch showing immaturity in the OT period. Shot selection horrible.

Yeah but Green plays the point like a Special Ed kid trying to do Geometry, IT JUST LOOKS TO HARD FOR HIM

That's "too hard". Special Ed :)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=SsFeJ8AVGTU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSsFeJ8AVGTU

« Reply #427 on: January 02, 2013, 10:55:34 PM »
I don't like the full court press.

I think Ryan A is gonna wear down.

He sure did wear us down to the tune of 32 points. The best PG on the court played for Nova tonite.  But wait , he's young it doesn't count.

« Reply #428 on: January 02, 2013, 10:55:49 PM »

Didn't notice our players bending over grabbing their shorts so how do we know they were gassed?

Chilleb

« Reply #429 on: January 02, 2013, 10:56:03 PM »
The more I think about it the more frustrated I get, what a waste of a career night by d'lo. Phil Greene at the point spells trouble I've been saying it since last year I hope everybody here finally realizes it. However I loved him on the wing early in the game. But as lavin did tonight proves  the scriptures are true " A dog will return to his vomit as will a clean pig return to the mud"

TONYD3

« Reply #430 on: January 02, 2013, 10:56:29 PM »
We are all happy lavin came. However lately there is a lot to question. Nova is at best a 6 win big east team. Cincy is going to embarrass us worse inside. I am sure Sanchez is great- he can't play- gift who isn't good but is big can. Garret Sampson can't defend post.
Half couture offense looks like a bad jv team.

« Reply #431 on: January 02, 2013, 10:56:42 PM »
Not sure what people are constantly whining about?  We shot well, and were in position to win tonight.  Foul situation was huge in Nova's favor, and nobody can deny that.  What was wrong with the coaching?  This was a war and a lopsided reffing job pushed us over the edge.

Sure, why would anyone complain about losing a game to a team that was blown out by Columbia.  You have got to be kidding right?

Right that is the whole season, loss to Columbia.  Because of that no one is allowed to lose to Villanova this year.

Go back into your hole.

« Reply #432 on: January 02, 2013, 10:56:54 PM »
Two straight bad games for lavin too.

TONYD3

« Reply #433 on: January 02, 2013, 10:57:53 PM »
I would take rob Thomas - he would have had at least a chance against pinkston

« Reply #434 on: January 02, 2013, 10:59:37 PM »

Didn't notice our players bending over grabbing their shorts so how do we know they were gassed?

Mental and physical.  Grabbing your shorts is not the only sign.

« Reply #435 on: January 02, 2013, 11:01:03 PM »
This is disappointing, the guys played great, coach didn't put the team in a position to win late and refs decided the game with the whistle. Come on now, jakarr's 4th foul was ridiculous compared to Amir's triple attempt at the bucket with contact.

Played great?  How?  We were beaten off the dribble on a regular basis, looked  lost on offense most of the night except for an individual effort by D Lo, got killed on the offensive glass.  Stop blaming the officials will ya. I feel sorry for these kids, there does not seem to be any structure out there.  Nova is a bad team.

Poison

« Reply #436 on: January 02, 2013, 11:02:35 PM »
We battled to get back into the game. For that, I am at least hopeful. But the most frightening aspect of this team is that they are all a bunch of sissies. They have got to be pushed harder in practice. Also, in practice, let's watch some tape of Jayson Williams playing defense. When he fouled someone, they were on the ground.

Time to man up.

« Reply #437 on: January 02, 2013, 11:04:09 PM »

Played great?  How?  We were beaten off the dribble on a regular basis, looked  lost on offense most of the night except for an individual effort by D Lo, got killed on the offensive glass.  Stop blaming the officials will ya. I feel sorry for these kids, there does not seem to be any structure out there.  Nova is a bad team.

So Jay is a bad coach with no players either?  Why don't you save us from any further posts and tell us Lavin should be fired and you are the only one that tells the truth.

« Reply #438 on: January 02, 2013, 11:09:49 PM »

Right that is the whole season, loss to Columbia.  Because of that no one is allowed to lose to Villanova this year.

Go back into your hole.

It was not just a loss it was a blow out loss. As someone mentioned before, Nova is at best a 5 to 6 win BE team.  But I guess by your low standards, losing to them is OK. It's fans like yourself that have us in the mess we are currently in.  Don't forget your pom poms.

« Reply #439 on: January 02, 2013, 11:12:00 PM »

Go back into your hole.

It was not just a loss it was a blow out loss. As someone mentioned before, Nova is at best a 5 to 6 win BE team.  But I guess by your low standards, losing to them is OK. It's fans like yourself that have us in the mess we are currently in.  Don't forget your pom poms.

Stop it. I am really upset by the loss but it wasn't a blow out. Just stop already