Who's act on the court is more unacceptable

• 136 replies

Moose

Re: Who's act on the court is more unacceptable
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 10:48:50 PM »
I probably punch that kid in the face too after that down 30 after three losses in a row.  It's going to be tough to look at Dom the same way after that gay punch and worse followup, though. 

Adding Boxing to your repertoire?
He connect fist to face and the throws in a forearm shot after they lock up.
Now were criticizing the way our kids fight?
Lets stick to their missed jumpshots.

In what world was that a solid shot?  He ended up hugging the kid.  SMH

Last I checked boxers do exactly that.  Hug. SMH

Boxers don't get to throw unexpected cheap shots with bare fists.  I can't even believe you are arguing this. 

Anything to disagree with you and rile you up. :)

First you advocate punching him.  Now its a cheap shot.  It's just hilarious that our fans with such conviction that he was whatever words you used above to describe this-

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/article_external/video_two_players_ejected_during_notre_dame_st_johns_game_after_punch_thrown/13062205
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »
What are you guys arguing about? It was a basketball fight.   Who cares?  Dom would have smoked that punk if it didn't get broken up, and he certainly did land a nice punch. 

I'm certainly not going to tell him he throws like chick.

Marillac punches harder boo.  Thats a love tap to Marillac ;)

boo3

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 10:53:08 PM »
What are you guys arguing about? It was a basketball fight.   Who cares?  Dom would have smoked that punk if it didn't get broken up, and he certainly did land a nice punch. 

I'm certainly not going to tell him he throws like chick.

Marillac punches harder boo.  Thats a love tap to Marillac ;)

but , of course.

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 10:56:02 PM »
I probably punch that kid in the face too after that down 30 after three losses in a row.  It's going to be tough to look at Dom the same way after that gay punch and worse followup, though. 

Boxers don't get to throw unexpected cheap shots with bare fists.  I can't even believe you are arguing this. 

Anything to disagree with you and rile you up. :)

First you advocate punching him.  Now its a cheap shot.  It's just hilarious that our fans with such conviction that he was whatever words you used above to describe this-

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/article_external/video_two_players_ejected_during_notre_dame_st_johns_game_after_punch_thrown/13062205

damn look at that white kids afro 51 seconds in. It's like that white guy Bob Ross that used to paint on channel 13 huge

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2013, 10:58:05 PM »

How was this a cheap shot? He hit Dom the he got clocked while trying to back up.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

gman

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2013, 10:58:44 PM »

The guy touched his face then squared off.  Dom did what he had to do.

I didn't see the game and all the hard banging that you guys reference, but that is ridiculous.  The kid pushed Doms face, faced Dom with his hands hanging at his sides, and Dom slugged him in the face.  Awful.  Dom should be done for the next game and the BE tourney.  This season has officially folded.  What a mess.  This team really does seem cursed.

gman

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2013, 11:00:36 PM »

How was this a cheap shot? He hit Dom the he got clocked while trying to back up.

You call what that guy did to Dom a hit? 

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2013, 11:02:40 PM »
damn look at that white kids afro 51 seconds in. It's like that white guy Bob Ross that used to paint on channel 13 huge

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2013, 11:04:34 PM »

He touched his face. You're losing by a lot and some dude is trying to clown you touching your face? I'm not upset by his reaction. I'd rather have a guy on my team like that then someone who just sits and takes a beaten. Certainly my opinion, others are entitled to their own.

Moose

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2013, 11:04:59 PM »

The guy in our band with the beard is funnier looking

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2013, 11:17:50 PM »
For those supporting Dom's actions-you don't do what will get you suspended. Did the ND kid Knight throw a punch after Dom smacked him in the back of the head earlier in the game? Really looking forward to watching Jamal White get extented minutes vs a cup cake like Marquette on saturday. Lucky Amir not suspended also for leaving the bench like the nba does or Sam Sealy would be putting his atlas like body up against Devonte Gardner. Yeah real smart moves by our guys. Don't be so sure 16-15 gets us in NIT. May be CBI or bust for this rag tag bunch.

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2013, 11:19:11 PM »

And now 40 years later he becomes Bob Ross

[/quote] and 40 years later he becomes Bob Ross

Poison

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2013, 11:23:07 PM »

He touched his face. You're losing by a lot and some dude is trying to clown you touching your face? I'm not upset by his reaction. I'd rather have a guy on my team like that then someone who just sits and takes a beaten. Certainly my opinion, others are entitled to their own.

So you think it was a good idea for Pointer to punch him?

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2013, 11:38:57 PM »

No not a good idea but I can understand it. I don't see it as carry over problem.

Poison

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2013, 11:43:34 PM »

No not a good idea but I can understand it. I don't see it as carry over problem.

When I play, if the other team is gloating, a hard foul would change the mood pretty fast. You don't get suspended for it, and the message is sent.

Still, in terms of carry over, I don't think this is the nature of Dom, or our guys. They are frustrated, and that is on the coach. We keep saying that he's not an Xs and Os guy. The only question I have is why the F not? He's the damn coach.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:03:40 AM by Poison »

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2013, 12:01:16 AM »
Although i'd rather have Dom avoid situations like this, I dont have a problem with him defending himself. I love his heart and passion. I'm more disappointed in getting waxed in the 2nd half and only scoring 40 points.

Poison

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2013, 12:09:47 AM »
Although i'd rather have Dom avoid situations like this, I dont have a problem with him defending himself. I love his heart and passion. I'm more disappointed in getting waxed in the 2nd half and only scoring 40 points.

Dom wasn't defending himself. He wasn't getting attacked. He was getting made fun of.

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2013, 12:35:31 AM »

Dom wasn't defending himself. He wasn't getting attacked. He was getting made fun of.

Looks like to me he got smacked in the face
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:36:37 AM by Redstormy80 »

MCNPA

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2013, 02:07:11 AM »
I 'll tell you what. After seeing Dom's pathetic punch attempt and the shots of his Pops in the stands, I got Pop's as a 3-1 favorite over Dom. I hope Dom keeps his room clean and does his chores.

I believe I read that Dom's pops was a boxing coach.  We now know why Dom chose basketball.