Dunlap Fired

• 66 replies
Re: Dunlap Fired
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 05:14:21 PM »
Make Lavin his assistant
That's real smart. You think insulting Coach Lavin is funny? You can roam wherever you wish, but I do wonder why your here.
Lighten up Francis
Wasn't looking to knock ya, just wondering where anyone can go with a statement like that. Do you think Coach a fair and capable man? Soft easy question, right?

Certainly looked weak without Dunlap. This year is most important

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2013, 06:27:10 PM »
I am shocked...who hires a new head coach that inherits a garbage team coming off a terrible year and fires them after that season? I always thought you at least give multiple years to show growth. What did Jordan expect, a playoff team overnight because of Dunlap magic? Ridiculous.

Moose

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2013, 06:32:42 PM »
I am shocked...who hires a new head coach that inherits a garbage team coming off a terrible year and fires them after that season? I always thought you at least give multiple years to show growth. What did Jordan expect, a playoff team overnight because of Dunlap magic? Ridiculous.

Well all Dunlap did was triple their win total.  Guess he wanted it quadrupled.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2013, 06:46:33 PM »
5 coaches in 7 seasons says it all. Crappy franchise.

crgreen

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »

Well all Dunlap did was triple their win total.  Guess he wanted it quadrupled.

I would think the last thing they'd want is quadrupling.  Heck, I was thinking he was fired for NOT losing more than Orlando (not securing the best odds in the Lottery).   

RedVet

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »
Michael Jordan is about as good an administrator as Isaiah Thomas.

Poison

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 07:09:15 PM »
So let's bring him back!

uwsfan

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 07:10:04 PM »
Maybe he comes on for a year in an advisory role like Keady and wait for an opening. Its a long shot because he likes the coaching and practicing aspect. But would love to have him back in any capacity.

That would actually be a great strategy for him. This years team is stacked, and with him on the staff it would likely be a Final Four team. That success would put him in even better position to step into a good college hc job, or even another NBA job next year.
It would be much better than simply sitting out a year, especially with all of the hype a winning St Johns team will be getting this coming season.

jr49

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 10:32:11 PM »
Likely be a final four team. I just wanted to see if it looked the same when I typed. And that means we could go further , right?

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 10:36:51 PM »
I think this team is a long ways from a Final Four trip. I hope I'm wrong, but also hope you guys aren't too disappointed if it doesn't happen.

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 11:25:27 PM »
Final Four? My faith will be 100% restored in this program if we can be ranked at some point and make the sweet 16. Even that to me seems less likely than the Mets winning the WS this year.

boo3

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2013, 07:50:25 AM »
Lets crawl before we run.  Final Four talk is insanity.

I'm with joe.  Lets get to a sweet 16. Win 2 tourney games.

Lets win the BE

paultzman

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2013, 08:00:07 AM »

Lets win the BE

Ditto

Tha Kid

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2013, 09:17:13 AM »

Lets win the BE

Winning the BE and making a Sweet 16 run would be an amazing season in my book.  That would firmly announce we are back...give that ammo to Lavin on the recruiting trail and watch out
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:17:35 AM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2013, 09:52:50 AM »

Lets win the BE

Winning the BE and making a Sweet 16 run would be an amazing season in my book.  That would firmly announce we are back...give that ammo to Lavin on the recruiting trail and watch out

Final four talk for a program that before lavin's first year hardly smelled the tourney for 10 years is funny stuff. Lets have an exciting season, pack the garden and carnesecca and make the dance. If things fall right ( no major injuries at the wrong time i.e. DJ Kennedy) then we can look at a sweet 16 as a possibility and use it as a stepping stone.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:53:30 AM by valgoth »

desco80

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2013, 10:36:16 AM »

Lets win the BE

Thank you Boo.  +1

We've got a lot to be excited about without having to set crazy expectations.   
Lets see what they can do first, I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. 

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »

boo3

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »
Back to why he got fired article via SI:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/380658-why-mike-dunlap-is-out-of-a-job?eref=sihp

While I don't doubt any of this report,  what were the Bobcats expecting.  Dunlap had this exact rep upon taking the job.  Just a piss poor job of management throughout that entire organization..

The NBA should contract by about 4 teams.  The talent level of the games would be much better in the league.

ras

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2013, 02:00:36 PM »
Back to why he got fired article via SI:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/380658-why-mike-dunlap-is-out-of-a-job?eref=sihp
Its funny Lavin and Dunlap are such opposites they really compliment one another.

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2013, 11:01:29 AM »
If Dunlap re-joins us I see us going to the Sweet 16.

Moose - in your opinion - any chance whatsoever we get him back for a year?