Summer Europe Trip

• 223 replies
Re: Summer Europe Trip
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 08:38:26 PM »
unless lavin caught him in bed with his wife, i think this kid has been hung out to dry long enough.

Maybe he has been invited back but hasn't yet accepted the invitation?
do you believe that?

Marillac

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 08:55:13 PM »
The larger question is not where we want to be goin, but how we gettin there.

What you mean?

That the roadmap is more important than the destination.

This team gets places by playing defense and not turning it over.   

Will we need to score?  Sure.   But we're not even leaving the gate unless our guys come to play D.   

Branch, Greene, Pointer, Sampson & Obekpa were an at best, and average defensive team. They were an awful offensive team. Classic St.John's.

Jordan, Harrison, Pointer, Sampson & Sanchez should be a completely different team. While I'd love to see us press like the Johnnies of old, Harrison just doesn't have the foot speed to do it.

A line up of Jordan, Greene, Pointer, Sanchez and Obekpa? Maybe they could.

You put pointer at the 2 and D'lo at the 3 defensively. Helps aid the foot speed problem.

But then isn't DLo overmatched guarding a guy like CJ Fair?

CJ fair yea, but there aren't many CJ fairs around. In general I think D'lo is better suited guarding college 3's than he is 2's. I'd rather him guard James Bell than Ryan Archiadacano, to give an example. D'lo has no problem with strength, his problem comes with quickness as you mentioned.

CJ Fair was a stretch-four for Syracuse.  The minutes at the three came primarily from Southerland and Grant.  In our zone, the two and three are virtually identical (like the three and four in the Cuse zone).   

LJSA

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 09:06:07 PM »
unless lavin caught him in bed with his wife, i think this kid has been hung out to dry long enough.

If that were the case, I think the intent would have been to never come back and screw St John's as revenge.

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2013, 09:43:13 PM »
Tread carefully my friends.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

boo3

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 10:11:55 PM »

do you believe that?

No. I was just throwing out the possibility. My initial thoughts were that we wouldn't see him again.  When those positive stories and pictures of he and Lavin together came out I changed my tune.  Basically , I don't know what to believe!  Lol..  Just going to wait and see and hope for the best.

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 08:37:53 AM »

do you believe that?

No. I was just throwing out the possibility. My initial thoughts were that we wouldn't see him again.  When those positive stories and pictures of he and Lavin together came out I changed my tune.  Basically , I don't know what to believe!  Lol..  Just going to wait and see and hope for the best.
i'm with you.  i'd like to see this settled one way or the other already.

paultzman

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 10:44:08 AM »
Thought this was interesting, especially how Rhody will keep fan base in touch with tour;

"Much like at home, Laprey’s principal function on the trip will be to keep URI’s fan base informed. He’ll have some help from the Cox Sports film crew that will accompany the Rams and some hand-picked recruits who will keep statistics and shoot video at games and take sightseeing photographs.

“We have a lot of loyal and dedicated fans who are going to want to know what is going on out there,” Laprey said. “It’s not like a game at the Ryan Center – there won’t be any radio. There won’t be any television. There’s no streaming of it.”
Rest of article including how RI paid for trip;

“@BillKoch25: In this week's Independent -- a look at how the #URI basketball trip to Italy came together. #Rams #GoRhody http://www.independentri.com/independents/sports/article_028ccad5-edf3-5b2e-9601-ed0dee52b1ad.html
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:44:46 AM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 07:08:29 PM »
Paris, nice!

“@KarrSampson14: Can't wait 😁 http://twitter.com/KarrSampson14/status/363071515035566080/photo/1

TONYD3

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 07:10:35 PM »
We are playing American teams?

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 07:13:03 PM »
We are playing American teams?

No, the headline for the poster translates to "the best ncaa basketball elite against the french"

TONYD3

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 07:14:10 PM »
Thanks

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 08:04:17 PM »
I know the guy handling all the travel arrangements. He was MGR for Fraschilla back in the day. Everything is going to be 1st class.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 09:17:09 PM »
I know the guy handling all the travel arrangements. He was MGR for Fraschilla back in the day. Everything is going to be 1st class.

Hey Dave, you've carved out a nice career for yourself.  I wish I had been as smart when I was your age.

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 10:50:50 AM »

Do we know what cities & Dates they're playing ?
Are all 13 on campus now?
On the redstormsports.com the promo advertising this fall's tix has D'Angelo's picture- a very good sign ?
Molloy '71

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2013, 01:11:16 PM »

Do we know what cities & Dates they're playing ?
Are all 13 on campus now?
On the redstormsports.com the promo advertising this fall's tix has D'Angelo's picture- a very good sign ?

dude, where have you been?  the entire team has been on campus for a while now.

http://statigr.am/p/512385461547685005_104942036

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2013, 09:30:23 PM »

Who is Frans former mgr who is setting up the trip?

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 10:33:33 AM »

Thank you Dave!! :)

Hey Dave, you've carved out a nice career for yourself.  I wish I had been as smart when I was your age.

Moose

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 02:57:44 PM »
ESPN intentionally leaving us out?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/9531939/taking-summer-tour-14-teams-college-basketball

I don't know about all the ESPN anti Big East schools to a certain extent.  ESPN hired an ombudsman years ago to call them out on the carpet for some biased coverage and such.  If this is the case its only a matter of time before the ombudsman gets wind of it, if its in fact true.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »
Why is Butler on the list if it's anti-Big East or are you saying it's anti-St. John's?