Bracketology

• 425 replies

Moose

Re: Bracketology
« Reply #360 on: March 10, 2014, 11:13:05 AM »
Jerry Palm says that the Big East tournament games are considered a home game for us. I thought they were neutral, can anyone confirm?

They are neutral.
Palm is just a d-bag.

Haha thanks. The guy doesn't seem to like us

Like us or not, he shouldn't just make things up. If he doesn't know, he should find out.

The worst part is people believe what he's saying.

If the games were in Washington DC, would you say it's a Georgetown home game?  How about the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia...Villanova home game?

No I wouldn't.
It's pretty simple.  When SJU has access to 1/10th of the tickets its not an SJU home game.
By that logic, we play no home games since the vast majority of seats at MSG are usually empty.

Your right.
Why do we even bother playing games.  Just pack up shop.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #361 on: March 10, 2014, 12:25:05 PM »
Jerry Palm says that the Big East tournament games are considered a home game for us. I thought they were neutral, can anyone confirm?

They are neutral.
Palm is just a d-bag.

Haha thanks. The guy doesn't seem to like us

Like us or not, he shouldn't just make things up. If he doesn't know, he should find out.

The worst part is people believe what he's saying.

If the games were in Washington DC, would you say it's a Georgetown home game?  How about the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia...Villanova home game?

No I wouldn't.
It's pretty simple.  When SJU has access to 1/10th of the tickets its not an SJU home game.
By that logic, we play no home games since the vast majority of seats at MSG are usually empty.

Your right.
Why do we even bother playing games.  Just pack up shop.

First intelligent post on this site...Ever!

« Reply #362 on: March 10, 2014, 02:27:56 PM »
Recent play is no longer a criteria for selection committee.

Is that an official change?   When did that happen?

Too many of the committee members must be rust cohle disciples - "time is a flat circle"

Great ending last night.

+1 one of the best shows in recent memory.

Loved the show. Dont know if Id say I loved the last episode. Good not great IMO
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

DFF6

« Reply #363 on: March 10, 2014, 02:39:32 PM »
Recent play is no longer a criteria for selection committee.

Is that an official change?   When did that happen?

Too many of the committee members must be rust cohle disciples - "time is a flat circle"

Great ending last night.

+1 one of the best shows in recent memory.

Loved the show. Dont know if Id say I loved the last episode. Good not great IMO

Curious about what disappointed you in the last episode.  I thought it was a nice way to wrap up a great show.

boo3

« Reply #364 on: March 10, 2014, 03:17:20 PM »
  I thought the last episode was good.  Not mind blowing by any stretch..   The acting by Woody and MM was off the charts ( Rothstein speak).. Can't wait for the next one...

DFF6

« Reply #365 on: March 10, 2014, 03:27:05 PM »
  I thought the last episode was good.  Not mind blowing by any stretch..   The acting by Woody and MM was off the charts ( Rothstein speak).. Can't wait for the next one...

You and Mase are tough critics. Amazing that you're both SJU fans!  Reportedly, MM has already said he's done with the show. Woody probably is too without MM.

desco80

« Reply #366 on: March 10, 2014, 03:28:06 PM »

Have they leaked who will star in season 2?   

boo3

« Reply #367 on: March 10, 2014, 04:18:33 PM »

You and Mase are tough critics. Amazing that you're both SJU fans!  Reportedly, MM has already said he's done with the show. Woody probably is too without MM.

I said it was good..  It wasn't one of those season finales that had me awake all night thinking about it though, like a Lost or Six Feet Under type. No complaints...

I know that MM and Woody aren't in the next season, but I still think the show will be excellent and they will find great actors.

paultzman

« Reply #368 on: March 10, 2014, 04:20:30 PM »

I said it was good..  It wasn't one of those season finales that had me awake all night thinking about it though, like a Lost or Six Feet Under type. No complaints...

I know that MM and Woody aren't in the next season, but I still think the show will be excellent and they will find great actors.

Super writers.

« Reply #369 on: March 10, 2014, 06:23:20 PM »
Kieran Darcy‏@KieranDarcy·4h

A win over Providence likely puts St. John's (#SJUBB) in First Four in Dayton, via @ESPNLunardi: http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10582111/bracketology-iding-critical-conference-tournament-games-rundown-tournament-odds-college-basketball … via @espncbb

« Reply #370 on: March 10, 2014, 08:51:14 PM »
What would be better for SJU:

USF losing to BYU tonight or USF beating BYU and making it to the finals but losing to Gonzaga?

« Reply #371 on: March 10, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »

haha my friends always say that im a tough critic. I though it was good and the last scene was nice. I dont want to ruin it for anyone else. Just didnt wow me, I though a few of the middle episodes were really phenomenal. Excited to see where the go from here. I bet you the MM will be in it in some way or form even if its only a minute or two cameo.

DFF6

« Reply #372 on: March 10, 2014, 09:20:25 PM »

haha my friends always say that im a tough critic. I though it was good and the last scene was nice. I dont want to ruin it for anyone else. Just didnt wow me, I though a few of the middle episodes were really phenomenal. Excited to see where the go from here. I bet you the MM will be in it in some way or form even if its only a minute or two cameo.

Hope you're right. Woody and MM have a great chemistry that really helped the show a lot. Would love to see more of the same in season 2 but it will be a tough act to follow.

goredmen

« Reply #373 on: March 10, 2014, 09:20:30 PM »
What would be better for SJU:

USF losing to BYU tonight or USF beating BYU and making it to the finals but losing to Gonzaga?

The latter obviously

« Reply #374 on: March 10, 2014, 10:18:32 PM »

Hope you're right. Woody and MM have a great chemistry that really helped the show a lot. Would love to see more of the same in season 2 but it will be a tough act to follow.

Saw an interview with MM on one of the late night talk shows and he said while the show is renewed for a second season both the actors and the story arc will be completely different. I agree because those 2 guys did some great acting. never knew MM had that kind of acting chops!

goredmen

« Reply #375 on: March 10, 2014, 10:22:03 PM »

I thought they left too many storylines unanswered/unresolved

« Reply #376 on: March 10, 2014, 10:24:27 PM »

Agree! After the penultimate episode I wondered how they were going to be able to rap up a complicated show in a one hour finale. Last episode was to simple and easy a resolution.

« Reply #377 on: March 10, 2014, 10:54:17 PM »

My one problem with the show was 8 episodes wasn't enough. Could have developed things so much further.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #378 on: March 11, 2014, 02:08:34 AM »
BYU beat San Francisco in OT in the semi's of the WCC tournament. This would of been big if the Dons could of won obviously to strengthen our win over them but also to knock BYU off the bubble. Regardless, we have to take care of business and beat Providence

« Reply #379 on: March 11, 2014, 06:52:38 AM »

My one problem with the show was 8 episodes wasn't enough. Could have developed things so much further.

Bingo. At least give us a two hour finale!