Bracketology

• 425 replies

paultzman

Re: Bracketology
« Reply #340 on: March 09, 2014, 04:56:20 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: In latest update Joe Lunardi has St. John's as first four out. Trending upward. #sjubb

« Reply #341 on: March 09, 2014, 05:01:15 PM »
Jerry Palm says that the Big East tournament games are considered a home game for us. I thought they were neutral, can anyone confirm?

Moose

« Reply #342 on: March 09, 2014, 05:24:39 PM »
Jerry Palm says that the Big East tournament games are considered a home game for us. I thought they were neutral, can anyone confirm?

They are neutral.
Palm is just a d-bag.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #343 on: March 09, 2014, 05:27:12 PM »

They are neutral.
Palm is just a d-bag.

Haha thanks. The guy doesn't seem to like us

« Reply #344 on: March 09, 2014, 07:59:09 PM »

They are neutral.
Palm is just a d-bag.

Like us or not, he shouldn't just make things up. If he doesn't know, he should find out.

« Reply #345 on: March 09, 2014, 08:04:42 PM »
Regardless of what Palm thinks or says one win, gets us to 500 on road or neutral court and a second puts us over .500.  This would get us in IMO and prob not a play in game

Moose

« Reply #346 on: March 09, 2014, 08:43:19 PM »

They are neutral.
Palm is just a d-bag.

Like us or not, he shouldn't just make things up. If he doesn't know, he should find out.

The worst part is people believe what he's saying.

« Reply #347 on: March 09, 2014, 09:55:55 PM »
Have to think Nebraska's win over Wisconsin puts them in solidly.

« Reply #348 on: March 09, 2014, 10:02:53 PM »
They just released the ESPN bubble:

Last four byes:
Stanford
Nebraska
Xavier
BYU

Last four in:
Tennessee
St. Joe's
Dayton
Arkansas

Last four out:
Cal
Minnesota
St. John's
Providence

Next four out:
Southern Miss
Florida St.
Missouri
Georgetown

St. Joe's fell with a loss to La Salle. Florida St. fell into next four out with home loss to Cuse and moved Prov up. Nebraska moves solidly in as expected. Basically we moved up one slot today.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:10:58 PM by HowCouldUBeSoHarkless »

« Reply #349 on: March 09, 2014, 10:34:27 PM »
They just released the ESPN bubble:

Last four byes:
Stanford
Nebraska
Xavier
BYU

Last four in:
Tennessee
St. Joe's
Dayton
Arkansas

Last four out:
Cal
Minnesota
St. John's
Providence

Next four out:
Southern Miss
Florida St.
Missouri
Georgetown

St. Joe's fell with a loss to La Salle. Florida St. fell into next four out with home loss to Cuse and moved Prov up. Nebraska moves solidly in as expected. Basically we moved up one slot today.

wish he had prov in the tourny. Would be nice to have a chance to steal their spot. Either way its a must win.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #350 on: March 10, 2014, 12:55:23 AM »
Recent play is no longer a criteria for selection committee.

Is that an official change?   When did that happen?

Moose

« Reply #351 on: March 10, 2014, 08:04:51 AM »

Its been mentioned by a few people but if that's the case then their unofficial rule on changing seeds based on recent injuries should also be eliminated.  Because aren't the two really the same?  Lets include a hot team but punish a team who suffered late injury?

Tha Kid

« Reply #352 on: March 10, 2014, 09:09:59 AM »

Too many of the committee members must be rust cohle disciples - "time is a flat circle"
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #353 on: March 10, 2014, 09:43:04 AM »

They are neutral.
Palm is just a d-bag.

If the games were in Washington DC, would you say it's a Georgetown home game?  How about the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia...Villanova home game?

MCNPA

« Reply #354 on: March 10, 2014, 09:51:19 AM »
Have to think Nebraska's win over Wisconsin puts them in solidly.

Not sure.  They have 19 wins now.  hard to say any team is solidly in with only 19 wins.  Their biggest RPI wins are within their own conference with no ooc wins that are quality.  Then again, we don't either but could end up with 2 more wins.  They were best up by Creighton, cincy, Umass etc.  I personally have a hard time believing that just about every big ten team deserves to get in, but big east only deserves 3.  Then again, we would have made a bigger case had we at least beat PSU. If we grab two more wins, I can see us getting a spot that they might have given to Nebraska, especially if they lose their next game.

It would also help if PSU beats minny.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:54:06 AM by MCNPA »

Moose

« Reply #355 on: March 10, 2014, 09:51:27 AM »

They are neutral.
Palm is just a d-bag.

If the games were in Washington DC, would you say it's a Georgetown home game?  How about the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia...Villanova home game?

No I wouldn't.
It's pretty simple.  When SJU has access to 1/10th of the tickets its not an SJU home game.

DFF6

« Reply #356 on: March 10, 2014, 10:16:31 AM »

Too many of the committee members must be rust cohle disciples - "time is a flat circle"

Great ending last night.

« Reply #357 on: March 10, 2014, 10:16:44 AM »

They are neutral.
Palm is just a d-bag.

No I wouldn't.
It's pretty simple.  When SJU has access to 1/10th of the tickets its not an SJU home game.
By that logic, we play no home games since the vast majority of seats at MSG are usually empty.

« Reply #358 on: March 10, 2014, 10:18:48 AM »

Its been mentioned by a few people but if that's the case then their unofficial rule on changing seeds based on recent injuries should also be eliminated.  Because aren't the two really the same?  Lets include a hot team but punish a team who suffered late injury?

I think recent play should be a factor, and not just because SJU is hot right now. If I'm looking at two equal resume's and one team is 5-5 in their last 10 limping to the finish, the other is 9-1 on fire, I'm taking the team that has potential to make noise.

Tha Kid

« Reply #359 on: March 10, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »

Great ending last night.

+1 one of the best shows in recent memory.
"I drink and I know things"