Bracketology

• 425 replies

boo3

Re: Bracketology
« Reply #220 on: March 01, 2014, 06:08:56 PM »
 this nonsense is making this place unreadable.. 

Mike

« Reply #221 on: March 01, 2014, 09:18:29 PM »
this nonsense is making this place unreadable.. 

+1

I actually find myself reading redmen.com more

cjfish

« Reply #222 on: March 01, 2014, 09:48:48 PM »
1-5 against top 50 is rough. However, the committee should take into account how close those losses were. One or two plays or calls go our way and it's a different record.
  To quote Jim Parcells "you are what your record is"  No such thing as a good loss, it is simply a loss

Mike

« Reply #223 on: March 01, 2014, 10:05:30 PM »
1-5 against top 50 is rough. However, the committee should take into account how close those losses were. One or two plays or calls go our way and it's a different record.
  To quote Jim Parcells "you are what your record is"  No such thing as a good loss, it is simply a loss

You mean Bill right?

cjfish

« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2014, 10:34:26 PM »
whoops

goredmen

« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2014, 11:20:51 PM »
Oklahoma State looks to have secured a bid after being Kansas. They will be one of the most talented 8, 9, or 10 seeds ever

LJSA

« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2014, 01:50:33 AM »
Oklahoma State looks to have secured a bid after being Kansas. They will be one of the most talented 8, 9, or 10 seeds ever
I have trouble believing that they were really in danger of missing the cut. The committee wants big-name players in there.

goredmen

« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2014, 02:13:38 AM »
I have trouble believing that they were really in danger of missing the cut. The committee wants big-name players in there.

If they would have lost this one to Kansas and @ Iowa State in the season finale and only won one game in the B12 tourney it would have been tough to put them in. T Boone may have been able to buy the committee out though

Mike

« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2014, 03:04:15 PM »
Jon Rothstein just said that we need to win the Big East Tournament to get in, we fail the eye test.

« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2014, 03:05:36 PM »
Jon Rothstein just said that we need to win the Big East Tournament to get in, we fail the eye test.

Didn't say "we fail the eye test"

Said St. John's doesn't have the resume with their only signature win being against Creighton.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2014, 03:08:31 PM »

Said St. John's doesn't have the resume with their only signature win being against Creighton.

You'd think 10 BE wins would be impressive to the committee. I mean hell that's more quality wins than Wichita State.

Mike

« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2014, 03:11:39 PM »

hmm you are wrong sorry it was the last thing he said before they went off the air. Before men of March came on.

« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2014, 03:12:06 PM »
I don't think he realizes that if we beat MQ and then one of MQ/Prov in round 2 of the tourney, we're basically 4-1 vs those two teams combined. Head to head>BE Standings.The only way we would not get in over either one is if they just take 3 BE teams taking CU/Nova/XU win the BE Title....or we somehow are slated for the 6th spot to take on Xavier but MQ and Providence play one another and Providence has a toughie At Creighton to end the year. 

(Xavier is a lock at this point regardless of BE tourney) 

« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »
Just looked at MQ and PROV big wins and losses....

MQ Big Win: vs GW(Should make tourney, don't know if this is bigger than beating Creighton), vs XU(If this even counts?)
PROV Big Win: vs CU, vs XU(If this even counts?)
SJU Big win: vs CU

What's different about MQ and PROV compared to the Johnnies? I don't get it.

« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2014, 05:50:13 PM »
Just looked at MQ and PROV big wins and losses....

MQ Big Win: vs GW(Should make tourney, don't know if this is bigger than beating Creighton), vs XU(If this even counts?)
PROV Big Win: vs CU, vs XU(If this even counts?)
SJU Big win: vs CU

What's different about MQ and PROV compared to the Johnnies? I don't get it.

Nothing is different. As of right now, all three are on the outside looking in.

« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2014, 09:41:52 AM »
We're 19-11, which means we have to suck it up and win our final four games. 

A team with a dozen losses in a weakened conference (insert reply here Desco) has a snowball's chance in hell of getting into the big dance. 

On the positive side, I think we have a good chance of getting all four.  If we don't, we deserve the NIT...

« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2014, 09:59:25 AM »
Newsie - You don't think a solid road win over a fellow bubble team in Marquette, another W over a similarly-situated team in our first BE tourney game (whether that be Prov/Quette, etc) and a win over Nova or Creighton in the second BE tourney game would get us in?  I think those 3 would get us in.

Tha Kid

« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2014, 10:12:44 AM »

A team with a dozen losses in a weakened conference (insert reply here Desco) has a snowball's chance in hell of getting into the big dance. 

On the positive side, I think we have a good chance of getting all four.  If we don't, we deserve the NIT...

So a team that ends the season 13-4 in its last 17 conference games (including tourney) including 2 wins against top 10 teams, finishing potentially 4th in conference reg season, losing in the conf. finals, and with 22 wins is not going to make it?  Add a top 30 SOS to boot?

Uh huh....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:27:02 AM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

DFF6

« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2014, 10:52:13 AM »

So a team that ends the season 13-4 in its last 17 conference games (including tourney) including 2 wins against top 10 teams, finishing potentially 4th in conference reg season, losing in the conf. finals, and with 22 wins is not going to make it?  Add a top 30 SOS to boot?

Uh huh....

Maybe not.  Depends on what other bubble teams do.  Unless we win the BE, other teams control our destiny.