Max in the rotation?

• 68 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Max in the rotation?
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2014, 12:58:19 PM »
Thought max played well in 1st half. He was moving . Setting screens and moving. Think he played to much. But I take back that he shouldn't be on scholarship. Like him playing with pointer at 4 and 2 other guards.

Yesterday's game clearly showed his value. He spreads the court, the  problem was that we couldn't hit a layup

Agree 100% with PMG.   Max has his flaws but he spread the defense just by being out there.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2014, 02:00:50 PM »
Thought max played well in 1st half. He was moving . Setting screens and moving. Think he played to much. But I take back that he shouldn't be on scholarship. Like him playing with pointer at 4 and 2 other guards.

Yesterday's game clearly showed his value. He spreads the court, the  problem was that we couldn't hit a layup

Agree 100% with PMG.   Max has his flaws but he spread the defense just by being out there.

+2
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2014, 03:04:48 PM »

+2

Maybe Marco should start too, then the defense wouldn't even know which fake shooter to cover.

DFF6

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2014, 03:10:40 PM »

+2

Maybe Marco should start too, then the defense wouldn't even know which fake shooter to cover.

Who needs to be covered?  The defenses wait to pick up the bricks we fire.  Heck, we can't even make layups anymore.   

Foad

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2014, 03:32:44 PM »
Who needs to be covered?  The defenses wait to pick up the bricks we fire.  Heck, we can't even make layups anymore.   

You forget we live in the interwebs age. There are a plethora of videos on the youtubes where Maxx is draining three after three. When coaches are scouting us they will see those and adjust their defenses accordingly. That is why Lavin calls Maxx the speculum, because he stretches the lips of the defense. I would not be surprised to see some of our upcoming opponents use the box and decoy, or the triangle and decoys if Bourgault plays. It is just another of Lavin's shortcomings that he does not upload more videos of his players draining shots in practice, which would no doubt terrify the opposition, which in turn would really open things up inside for Obekpa to use one of his many posts moves.

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2014, 04:01:18 PM »

You forget we live in the interwebs age. There are a plethora of videos on the youtubes where Maxx is draining three after three. When coaches are scouting us they will see those and adjust their defenses accordingly. That is why Lavin calls Maxx the speculum, because he stretches the lips of the defense. I would not be surprised to see some of our upcoming opponents use the box and decoy, or the triangle and decoys if Bourgault plays. It is just another of Lavin's shortcomings that he does not upload more videos of his players draining shots in practice, which would no doubt terrify the opposition, which in turn would really open things up inside for Obekpa to use one of his many posts moves.

The greatest "3 oclock shooters" in SJU history
1. Steve Shurina
2. Max Hooper
3, Marco Bourgault
4. Sergio Luyk
5. Fred Lyson
6. Marcus Broadnax

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2014, 09:41:44 PM »

+2

Its not as if hes shooting 40% from 3
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

pmg911

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2014, 08:31:18 AM »
Had a chance to justify his mintes last night and missed a wide open 3 to win the game. 

It looked good when he let it go too...  tough one..!!

TONYD3

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2014, 09:03:37 AM »
He has a role on the team, I admit that. He plays to much!