What's up with Rysheed Jordan?

• 127 replies
Re: What's up with Rysheed Jordan?
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 01:51:43 PM »
This team has no inside game. Jordan gets to the basket with ease, though he needs to finish better. He is really the only player that can get easy baskets.I must say I do believe there is "something else" in play here as far as him not starting.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 01:52:19 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 01:55:15 PM »
Savior should be starting and playing 35 mins. a game.  Lavin probably trying to hold his stats down ( a la Dean Smith with another Jordan ) so that he stays another year.  Might not be a bad strategy.

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 02:00:22 PM »
D-Lo and Phil are not points.  D-Lo can create for others, at times, but he isn't a point.  Jordan is much more of a point than either of those guys.  Yes, he has turned the ball over too much, but he penetrates and looks to distribute.  He isn't worried solely about his own shot.  Agree that ultimately he should be playing more.

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 02:16:40 PM »
I think he should be starting but the one positive about Rysheed coming off the bench is that he can come in for any of the other four starters sans obekpa and play that position, 1-4. Allows for the starters to get comfortable out there and not move between positions. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 02:23:13 PM »
Branch is shooting 58% from the floor with a 3:1 ast:to ratio.
Greene is flat out balling.
Jordan is averaging 4topg, 60% from FT, and 27% from 3.
It's pretty obvious.

RJ had only 2 turnover in 24minutes last night.
Give me that every night, instead of forcing things and turning it over.

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 02:25:38 PM »
When is Dom going to sit down with Lucas? Angry Dude

Some players play their best when playing angry and intense.

Foad

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 02:34:49 PM »
Branch is shooting 58% from the floor with a 3:1 ast:to ratio. Greene is flat out balling. Jordan is averaging 4topg, 60% from FT, and 27% from 3. It's pretty obvious.
It certainly is:

NJIT, Niagara and Pierce: 25 points / 15 assists
Everyone else: 15 points / 4 assists

Sense a pattern?

Last 43 minutes: 4 points / 1 assist / 3 turnovers. Productive.

wpc77

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 02:40:33 PM »
When is Dom going to sit down with Lucas? Angry Dude
Some players play their best when playing angry and intense.
True, but he's dirty at times too.  For example, in the Syracuse melee, he purposefully grabbed a Syracuse player's face as he pretended to "separate" the guy from Jordan (they guy wasn't even the one who Jordan had fouled and was only trying to separate players himself).  Another example - his actions in 2 games that SJU has played against ND in previous years.

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 03:16:57 PM »
I like Pointer and he is one of my favorite players. If he was on Uconn say, eveyone here would hate him. Only reason I bring him up is becuase with the "teaching" of Jordan now and the whole Harrison suspension a couple years ago it is "odd" to me that Pointer's dirty play has never been addressed in the name of teaching.....
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:19:27 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 03:36:57 PM »
I like Pointer and he is one of my favorite players. If he was on Uconn say, eveyone here would hate him. Only reason I bring him up is becuase with the "teaching" of Jordan now and the whole Harrison suspension a couple years ago it is "odd" to me that Pointer's dirty play has never been addressed in the name of teaching.....

Pointer was benched right after that play. Pointer was also benched against the Zags for not knowing where to be on offense. Lavin turned to an assistant and yelled "What the #$%^ is he doing, that's not the play".

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 06:42:01 PM »

@HowieKussoy  ·  31m 31 minutes ago
Rysheed Jordan, who hasn't started in the past three games, tied a season-low with 24 mins played last night.

@HowieKussoy  ·  29m 29 minutes ago
Though Rysheed Jordan's still prohibited from talking to the media, he retweeted two different comments referencing his lack of playing time

Marillac

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 07:43:48 PM »
We essentially have a six man rotation.  If Jordan fell out of the top six, there would be cause for concern. He can come in and provide a spark off the bench, and the kid can replace 4/5 starters.  He got 24 minutes against FDU and 33 agaisnt Sryacuse off the bench.

Branch has played relatively poorly, but the ball does move better with him in.  Branch has a lot of passes that end up in assists for others...something to keep an eye on.  As at team, SJU makes the extra pass (a lot of times unnecessarily) more than anyone you'll see all year. Branch doesn't have to fill up the stat sheet to make a big impact.  Jordan does.

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 08:09:02 PM »
We essentially have a six man rotation. If Jordan fell out of the top six, there would be cause for concern. He can come in and provide a spark off the bench, and the kid can replace 4/5 starters. He got 24 minutes against FDU and 33 agaisnt Sryacuse off the bench. Branch has played relatively poorly, but the ball does move better with him in. Branch has a lot of passes that end up in assists for others...something to keep an eye on. As at team, SJU makes the extra pass (a lot of times unnecessarily) more than anyone you'll see all year. Branch doesn't have to fill up the stat sheet to make a big impact. Jordan does.
So now we are using hockey stats to compliment Branch? You are better than that Marillac.
It is off the court issues from what I have been told. And some sort of punishment sounds like it is warranted. Pretty much what most would have guessed. At least now people can stop with the Branch is better in any way than Jordan. And I at least feel better that Lavin doesn't actually thinks Branch is better as well. The only people who actually thought that it turns out was some of you ;D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:10:57 PM by we are sju »

paultzman

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 08:14:21 PM »
We essentially have a six man rotation. If Jordan fell out of the top six, there would be cause for concern. He can come in and provide a spark off the bench, and the kid can replace 4/5 starters. He got 24 minutes against FDU and 33 agaisnt Sryacuse off the bench. Branch has played relatively poorly, but the ball does move better with him in. Branch has a lot of passes that end up in assists for others...something to keep an eye on. As at team, SJU makes the extra pass (a lot of times unnecessarily) more than anyone you'll see all year. Branch doesn't have to fill up the stat sheet to make a big impact. Jordan does.
So now we are using hockey stats to compliment Branch? You are better than that Marillac. It is off the court issues from what I have been told. And some sort of punishment sounds like it is warranted. Pretty much what most would have guessed. At least now people can stop with the Branch is better in any way than Jordan. And I at least feel better that Lavin doesn't actually thinks Branch is better as well. The only people who actually thought that was some of you ;D
 Most would not say Branch is better hopefully. I love Jordan's ability & potential and just hope this off the court nonsense abates. With him we potentially have a very good team. Without him, we would be too stretched & ordinary Imo.

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 08:21:47 PM »
So now we are using hockey stats to compliment Branch? You are better than that Marillac. It is off the court issues from what I have been told. And some sort of punishment sounds like it is warranted. Pretty much what most would have guessed. At least now people can stop with the Branch is better in any way than Jordan. And I at least feel better that Lavin doesn't actually thinks Branch is better as well. The only people who actually thought that was some of you ;D
Most would not say Branch is better hopefully. I love Jordan's ability & potential and just hope this off the court nonsense abates. With him we potentially have a very good team. Without him, we would be too stretched & ordinary Imo.
The only thing that still somewhat bothers me is timing of punishment. Came after the big turnover game, so I hope the message was not lost on Jordan. Punishment for being immature and not handling his business is understandable. Being punished for too many turnovers for a player like Jordan is not. Hopefully he gets it.

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 08:34:08 PM »
So now we are using hockey stats to compliment Branch? You are better than that Marillac. It is off the court issues from what I have been told. And some sort of punishment sounds like it is warranted. Pretty much what most would have guessed. At least now people can stop with the Branch is better in any way than Jordan. And I at least feel better that Lavin doesn't actually thinks Branch is better as well. The only people who actually thought that it turns out was some of you ;D

I thought WASJU said he'd never use baldi as a source
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:57:31 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »

boo3

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2014, 08:46:38 PM »
Seems like Jordan is the type of player that the staff needs to constantly be on top of.  Immature to say the least.   Lots of babysitting...  Lots of talent...  Hope talent wins out over the rest of the garbage.  
Jordan needs to start once the BE gets rolling, if not much sooner..
I still like the idea of Branch starting with Greene coming off the bench as 6th man..  Like the Microwave Vinny Johnson from the Bad Boys in Detroit..
I would still get Greene as many minutes, especially down the stretch...  Branch doesn't add much as a man off the bench..  
Greene also seems like enough of a team-first guy that being a 6th man would be something embraced,  not looked at as a demotion. 

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2014, 08:53:11 PM »
So now we are using hockey stats to compliment Branch? You are better than that Marillac. It is off the court issues from what I have been told. And some sort of punishment sounds like it is warranted. Pretty much what most would have guessed. At least now people can stop with the Branch is better in any way than Jordan. And I at least feel better that Lavin doesn't actually thinks Branch is better as well. The only people who actually thought that it turns out was some of you ;D
I WASJU said he'd never use baldi as a source
No, today two different people who I believe told me was off the court stuff.
Wouldn't believe Bluto if he told me the world was round. Don't even remember what he posted, but wasn't that about last year stuff? Supposedly this is more recent things.

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2014, 08:59:19 PM »
I WASJU said he'd never use baldi as a source
No, today two different people who I believe told me was off the court stuff. Wouldn't believe Bluto if he told me the world was round. Don't even remember what he posted, but wasn't that about last year stuff? Supposedly this is more recent things.

Hahah was just playing. I forget what he said exactly but pretty much that he had three feet out the door. 

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2014, 09:01:01 PM »
Seems like Jordan is the type of player that the staff needs to constantly be on top of. Immature to say the least. Lots of babysitting... Lots of talent... Hope talent wins out over the rest of the garbage. Jordan needs to start once the BE gets rolling, if not much sooner.. I still like the idea of Branch starting with Greene coming off the bench as 6th man.. Like the Microwave Vinny Johnson from the Bad Boys in Detroit.. I would still get Greene as many minutes, especially down the stretch... Branch doesn't add much as a man off the bench.. Greene also seems like enough of a team-first guy that being a 6th man would be something embraced, not looked at as a demotion.
I actually agree with the Greene 6th man thing. Can't do it now though, because even if it is not a demotion, it would not be fair to Greene the way he is playing. Can't reward a guy playing better than he ever has by not starting him. No one seems to like being a 6th man. Even the guys that win the award in the NBA all want to start.