What's up with Rysheed Jordan?

• 127 replies
Re: What's up with Rysheed Jordan?
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2014, 05:49:32 PM »
Gonna need to hire John Lucas as a full-time paid consultant with this group.
Better be winter break, the spring/summer is too late!

bk8664

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2014, 05:52:11 PM »
Gonna need to hire John Lucas as a full-time paid consultant with this group.
Better be winter break, the spring/summer is too late!
NYC is nice during the Christmas season 

boo3

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2014, 06:02:31 PM »
 So this TIS character basically tweeted this info out to the world ( or his 44 followers) and then went into witness protection ?  

I put some feelers out to some people and to a man they all thought the notion was crazy.

Transferring, that is...  The notion that RJ is unhappy and playing up some drama is certainly believable. 

Poison

« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2014, 06:47:54 PM »
Obekpa the sophomore and Jordan the sophomore are comparable. Obekpa the junior is who everyone would like Jordan the sophomore to be.
Keady said " like him to play with more maturity the staff would "
Is Keady Yoda? 

« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2014, 07:10:15 PM »
Don't let Jordan go home for Christmas

« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2014, 09:36:59 PM »
Don't let Jordan go home for Christmas

Is Dlo and SirDom getting the duct tape?

« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
So this TIS character basically tweeted this info out to the world ( or his 44 followers) and then went into witness protection ? 

I put some feelers out to some people and to a man they all thought the notion was crazy.

Transferring, that is...  The notion that RJ is unhappy and playing up some drama is certainly believable.
Wasn't/Isn't TominSalem on the Redmen board? Or is it some stooge that wants to make it look that way?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:15:10 PM by bball purist »

ras

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2014, 04:07:16 PM »
I think it's some stooge who wants to make it look that way.

« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2014, 10:37:48 PM »
Is anyone tired of the phony reality show drama yet
Whoa Last I remember you wanted him as coach more than ever before?

I loved him when he first got here...not so much now.  One reason I'd like him to stick around is I have no trust in the leadership; to bring in someone better.  Then the masses call for Manhattan's...or Iona's... or Rhode Island's coach to replace him.  That would be another five years down the drain.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2014, 01:14:13 AM »
Is anyone tired of the phony reality show drama yet
Whoa Last I remember you wanted him as coach more than ever before?
I loved him when he first got here...not so much now. One reason I'd like him to stick around is I have no trust in the leadership; to bring in someone better. Then the masses call for Manhattan's...or Iona's... or Rhode Island's coach to replace him. That would be another five years down the drain.
Could Maisslo even leave Manhatten. There was an article about him In the news or post about how his school drama. He mentioned that he can't talk about leaving in the future because it was part of his contract stipulations. 
Cougar O' Malley

paultzman

« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2014, 12:12:16 PM »
@StJohnsBBall: Rysheed Jordan selected to @BIGEASTMBB Weekly Honor Roll - 16.0 ppg (60.0 FG%), 3.5 apg in two #SJUBB wins. http://t.co/sIoD4gIuSm

« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »
I would not change anything until we lose a game, but once we do I would have Greene come off bench as the 6th man. Branch is really not cut out to be a bench player and Greene would add some punch. As long as there are no off court issues lingering you can't have your 2nd best player coming off the bench. Before Carmine has a stroke, it would not be a demotion for Greene and he should still play the same minutes.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:36:51 PM by we are sju »

TONYD3

« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2014, 12:46:13 PM »
Think keeping jordan on the bench keeps him in check. He has played better and more under control as the 6th man. Still playing plenty . If he doesn't start vs good teams think he will be subbed in fast.

« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »
He is the 2nd best player on the team and supposedly not starting is a thing for him and really the 2nd best player usually starts. If for nothing else than to make him happy I would start him. It is  not like he doesn't deserve it, production wise. Why alienate the kid if you don't have to?
I am not really worried about next year, but by the same token........
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:13:06 PM by we are sju »

Marillac

« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2014, 01:30:25 PM »
He is the 2nd best player on the team and supposedly not starting is a thing for him and really the 2nd best player usually starts. If for nothing else than to make him happy I would start him. It is not like he doesn't deserve it, production wise. Why alienate the kid if you don't have to? I am not really worried about next year, but by the same token........

Dion Waiters came off the bench for Syracuse for two years and was the fourth overall pick.   It really doesn't matter who starts, as we essentially have a six man rotation and 2-3 reserves.  Jordan is going to get 25-35 mpg.  The best part of him coming off the bench is that he can sub for anyone but Obekpa.  Branch really only plays PG and Greene plays the two.  

Tha Kid

« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2014, 01:35:20 PM »
He is the 2nd best player on the team and supposedly not starting is a thing for him and really the 2nd best player usually starts. If for nothing else than to make him happy I would start him. It is not like he doesn't deserve it, production wise. Why alienate the kid if you don't have to? I am not really worried about next year, but by the same token........
1) he doesnt seem to care - certainly isnt reflected in his play
2) there is a long history of sixth men being better than multiple players in the starting five.  Waiters for cuse was a good one.  Manu Ginobili is another.  Jason Terry for the Mavs.  Odom for the Lakers.  Harden for the Thunder.  It's not like this is the most bizarre idea ever.  You are right on most things wasju, but dont agree with you here.
3) even if all this is is a punishment, this is much better than reducing his minutes, yanking him around so he doesnt know what to expect, or suspending him, isnt it?
"I drink and I know things"

hnk

« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2014, 01:38:37 PM »
I heard he was transferring...to the Big East Honor Roll.

« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2014, 01:42:45 PM »
As far as him not happy about not starting, those rumors are coming from these boards. If he truly doesn't care, I certainly don't as long as he is playing  30 plus minutes. My only point would be IF he does care, then I would start him.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:46:25 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2014, 01:50:41 PM »

Love this shot!

« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2014, 01:51:17 PM »
I would not change anything until we lose a game, but once we do I would have Greene come off bench as the 6th man. Branch is really not cut out to be a bench player and Greene would add some punch. As long as there are no off court issues lingering you can't have your 2nd best player coming off the bench. Before Carmine has a stroke, it would not be a demotion for Greene and he should still play the same minutes.

I don't like this idea.