• 157 replies

paultzman

Midnight Madness
« on: October 04, 2015, 10:12:18 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: St John's midnight madness Oct 16 I'm hearing #sjubb

Re: Midnight Madness
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 10:33:41 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: St John's midnight madness Oct 16 I'm hearing #sjubb

Now, that particular question has been answered....  The next barrage of questions will be "who is attending?"  I'm sure a couple of names (I certainly expect Ponds to be there) will pop up shortly, but a complete list probably won't be out 'til a few days before the event. 

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 07:45:26 PM »
Hopefully they get a few juniors on campus. Sid Wilson maybe?

Wods317

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 05:31:22 PM »
Mac Miller performance is what I heard. Not bad on late notice.

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 06:38:38 PM »
Mac Miller performance is what I heard. Not bad on late notice.

Yup.
Solid solid get. Not Drake at kentucky but enough of the kids know who he is

Moose

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 10:26:32 PM »
I know up on the scene but has he had anything big since Knock Knock.  I remember that was big during the Penguins run during the Stanley Cup a few years back.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Wods317

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 11:31:18 PM »
He's still pretty big. I have cousins who are colleged age kids and them and their friends just went to go see him and love him. They had someone else lined up but it was squashed it what I heard. Miller is good, the kids will enjoy it.

Moose

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 06:21:13 PM »
So wait they are charging for this event??

QUEENS, N.Y. (Oct. 14, 2015) – St. John's will celebrate the start of basketball season on Friday, Oct. 16, at 7 p.m. as rap artist Mac Miller will perform as part of the annual Red Storm Tip-Off at Carnesecca Arena. Known for his hit songs "Donald Trump", "Knock Knock" and trio of chart-topping albums -- most recently 2015's GO:OD AM -- Miller will perform to conclude an evening that will also be highlighted by plenty of giveaways, thrills and surprises on the Queens campus.

Head men's coach Chris Mullin, head women's coach Joe Tartamella, and the Red Storm basketball teams invite all St. John's fans to be a part of the action.

The Carnesecca Arena Ticket Office will open beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday Oct. 16 for students, alumni, season ticket holders, Red White members and 4 p.m. for general public. Student tickets are free with a valid StormCard, SJU Alumni, Season Ticket Holders and Red White Club Members are only $20 per ticket. The general public ticket allotment goes on sale at 4 p.m. and will be $35 per ticket (1 ticket per person) sold to only the first 400 fans. Doors open at 7 p.m. and attendance earns St. John's students +3 MVP points. The first 1,000 students to pick up tickets will receive a t-shirt courtesy of RedZone and will receive a light-up “Spirit Stick.”

The 2015-16 men's and women's basketball teams will be introduced and both Mullin and Tartamella will address the fans as part of an evening in which both teams will participate in on-court exhibitions. One lucky fan will have the opportunity to take home a 2016 Chevy Camaro, while other promotions include chances to win free Qdoba for 20 people, Under Armour gear and much more.

Season tickets are available now and start at just $56 for women's basketball and $340 for men's basketball. For more information, call 718-990-6502, visit RedStormTix.com or stop by the Carnesecca Arena Ticket Office. St. John's season ticket members can reserve the best seats available at both home venues and also enjoy significant savings on a per game basis. Other benefits include priority on purchasing additional tickets to premium and postseason games before the general public, exclusive member events and a season ticket member gift. To contact the Carnesecca Arena Ticket Office directly, call 1-888-GO-STORM.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 06:28:47 PM »
I can't believe they're monetizing this. Killed my buzz.

TheVig

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 07:41:40 PM »
Awful awful decision but sju never ceases to amaze. I just tweeted and tagged matt a and Matic as this an absurdly bad decision for an event I never planned to attend. It's going to ruin the night

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 07:50:40 PM »
Have to recoup costs some how for two HOFs on the staff. Do other programs charge non students for attending Midnight Madness?
Cougar O' Malley

TheVig

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 07:57:17 PM »
Kentucky does not and sju has not previously. this is event that should be used for marketing the program to increase ticket sales but instead they're going to charge 35 dollars which is more than most pay for game tix. Embarrassment

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 08:00:57 PM »
Totally agree, part of the fun is that it's a free event. I would be totally upset with the level of entertainment if I had to pay to attend this. The best result would be if the students would just pack the place anyway

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 08:10:40 PM »
Kentucky is a state school their budget is bigger, and maybe this is a back door way of making more room for students to show up...The prices in general are high and is a shock especially since hey never did this before, and it came out of no where.

People may have disgested it better if they laid out a reason why they want to charge non students.
Cougar O' Malley

TheVig

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 08:15:02 PM »
They should focus on trying to get 200 students out to a non con game instead

Marillac

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 08:15:11 PM »
Awful awful decision but sju never ceases to amaze. I just tweeted and tagged matt a and Matic as this an absurdly bad decision for an event I never planned to attend. It's going to ruin the night

Students are free and red/white, alumni, and season ticket holders can buy a ticket for just $20.  Why so bent out of shape if you were never going to attend?

TheVig

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 08:26:32 PM »
I was never going to attend because the event has been so poorly executed when I have attended. 2 years ago they had hundreds of people waiting outside on freezing cold night after the time the event was supposed to start. It's just another terrible decision by the organizers. What family of four that doesn't have season tix is going to shell out 150 to get in the building? Is that a joke? How are you supposed to cultivate a fan base? Fwiw I have 4 red white tix and want the best for this program. It's sickening when you walk into a quarter full CA for a regular season game

Poison

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 08:28:28 PM »
Who in their right mind would pay for this?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 08:30:54 PM by Poison »

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 08:41:14 PM »
Ugh so pissed. Was planning my Friday night around this with some friends. We already pay for season tickets, can't believe they'd charge for an all time free event.