Slice

• 512 replies
Re: Slice
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2016, 06:30:22 PM »

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2016, 06:32:09 PM »
Not Lavin. 

Pitino

And take a guess who is #1 on that Louisville coach list.

Dominoes upon dominoes about to fall

Pete88

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2016, 06:39:47 PM »
Not Lavin. 

Pitino

Who is that?

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2016, 06:41:49 PM »
Not Lavin. 

Pitino

Zero Percent chance Pitino leaves Louisville for UNLV at this point.  Less than zero. 

UNLV is no longer even entertaining that possibility.  But a former Pitino assistant could be in Vegas' crosshairs.

paultzman

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2016, 06:58:59 PM »
Not Lavin. 

Pitino

Zero Percent chance Pitino leaves Louisville for UNLV at this point.  Less than zero. 

UNLV is no longer even entertaining that possibility.  But a former Pitino assistant could be in Vegas' crosshairs.

Yeah, Cincy coach

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2016, 07:07:38 PM »
I get things may not be pretty, but if true why is he spending a day of his weekend w/ Mullin & Matt A. watching Ponds final game ?

Is this just a matter of keeping up appearances ?  Would Mullin be covering for him as a loyal friend ? And if a problem would Mullin be choosing Matt A over Slice or Slice just wants out of a program at this stage ?

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2016, 07:49:20 PM »
I think a big familiar name takes that UNLV gig.

goredmen

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2016, 07:52:52 PM »

Why can't you just say who it is

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2016, 07:59:04 PM »

Why can't you just say who it is
As my contracts professor used to say after a student gave a whishy washy answer in class, SPELL IT OUT!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2016, 08:02:21 PM »
Baldi he made a living off grabbing solid 4 year kids at Pitt .. Wilcox was the only one who left early is my recollection.  Not saying what you are hearing is wrong, just saying that his recruiting prior to KY was not purely one and done kids

Talked to a lot of people and no one has heard that Rohrssen is unhappy and is prepared to leave.

Until something better comes along. Shortly

How is he going to get any halfway decent head coaching gig after he failed as a HC at Manhattan?

Never said anything about head coaching

So whoever is going up against him for a particular recruit is just gonna use the play that he left Pitt, then UK then SJU after one year so how can you trust that he won't leave again before the kid's sophomore season

The recruits he usually lands don't stay for their sophomore seasons

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2016, 08:03:38 PM »
Grasso would be the replacement

Marco - if Slice left any ideas who would take his place

Wouldn't matter at that point.

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2016, 08:20:31 PM »
Baldi he made a living off grabbing solid 4 year kids at Pitt .. Wilcox was the only one who left early is my recollection.  Not saying what you are hearing is wrong, just saying that his recruiting prior to KY was not purely one and done kids

Talked to a lot of people and no one has heard that Rohrssen is unhappy and is prepared to leave.

How is he going to get any halfway decent head coaching gig after he failed as a HC at Manhattan?

So whoever is going up against him for a particular recruit is just gonna use the play that he left Pitt, then UK then SJU after one year so how can you trust that he won't leave again before the kid's sophomore season

Yeah I outlined that at RM.com a month or so back.  Plus he was at Kentucky for all of one year.

goredmen

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2016, 08:39:17 PM »

If Dixon is going anywhere it's to TCU

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2016, 08:50:59 PM »
Yeah I was thinking Grasso also maybe Davis from VCU

MCNPA

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2016, 08:53:42 PM »
Listen folks, I don't have any knowledge about Slice at all, but let's face it, he's a mercenary and that's ok.  He's been around a lot of jobs, and I'm sure this isn't his last either.  Mullin and he have a good relationship which is good enough for me, but we have our true core which is Mullin and Abdelmassih.  Those two bleed SJU red and those two are the ones that are going to take us forward for the long haul.    Slice is a top notch recruiter and hopefully there isn't truth to any of this, at least for a few years and his recruiting pays off.  I didn't figure he'd be here for the long haul like Mullin and Abdelmassih anyway.  Oh, and Abdelmassih has been the one really killing it for us on the recruiting trail thus far.  He's been tremendous.

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2016, 08:58:46 PM »

If Dixon is going anywhere it's to TCU

Exactly.

paultzman

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2016, 09:04:03 PM »
Listen folks, I don't have any knowledge about Slice at all, but let's face it, he's a mercenary and that's ok.  He's been around a lot of jobs, and I'm sure this isn't his last either.  Mullin and he have a good relationship which is good enough for me, but we have our true core which is Mullin and Abdelmassih.  Those two bleed SJU red and those two are the ones that are going to take us forward for the long haul.    Slice is a top notch recruiter and hopefully there isn't truth to any of this, at least for a few years and his recruiting pays off.  I didn't figure he'd be here for the long haul like Mullin and Abdelmassih anyway.  Oh, and Abdelmassih has been the one really killing it for us on the recruiting trail thus far.  He's been tremendous.

What do you think long haul for Mullin is?

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2016, 09:08:37 PM »
Bring the program back to where we were with Louie C, and go from there.  Disagree Paultz?

goredmen

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2016, 09:10:46 PM »

What do you think long haul for Mullin is?

Hoiberg

paultzman

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2016, 09:29:12 PM »
Bring the program back to where we were with Louie C, and go from there.  Disagree Paultz?

Reasonable I think. Seven or eight years to me, if successful, would be fine, bringing him to age 60 or so.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:30:06 PM by paultzman »