Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA - KENTUCKY

• 199 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Harrow?
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2011, 09:09:36 PM »
Hearing harrow to stj per ncstate boards...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2011, 09:56:43 PM »
Hearing harrow to stj per ncstate boards...

can you link the board?

Tha Kid

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2011, 10:25:06 PM »
Its on the scout packpride site...its premium, my friend has account, but cant link.  One of the mods who is an insider is reporting it though...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:25:36 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2011, 10:26:48 PM »
Its on the scout packpride site...its premium, my friend has account, but cant link.  One of the mods who is an insider is reporting it though...

k thanks

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2011, 10:30:11 PM »

I contacted the owners of the site. They were with me in Virginia this weekend at Southern Jam Fest. I didn't even think to ask what they knew hopefully they get back to me soon.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Dan

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2011, 10:59:35 PM »
Would be nice to add experience to the 2012 class.

Re: Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2011, 11:12:27 PM »
Doesn't make sense...why schedule the 10 day trip and then choose before you leave/finish?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2011, 11:53:01 PM »
i dont think this is true

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2011, 11:59:50 PM »
What I've gotten so far is that he heard St. John's leads for him. I haven't gotten a response back as to how/why or where he's heard this info. I'm not really sure how any info come out yet.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2011, 05:29:58 AM »
Doesn't make sense...why schedule the 10 day trip and then choose before you leave/finish?

Steve.Lavin. Giving Lavin an edge like this is like making a gazelle wear ankle weights while getting chased by a cheetah. 

Does anyone have any doubt Lav closes on this?  How did Norm not get a sniff from this kid with all the stuff we had on our side?  Uncle Ron Rutledge, parents from Queens, "St. John's is our home."  Lav is an assassin. 

At a quick glance, it seems like this kid could become exponentially better if he added 12 pounds of muscle over the next 17 months.  17 months under Dunlap and Hines.  At the very least, he's going to push the backcourt and make practice even that much more interest next season.   

If we sign him I'm going to plan on attending the Final Four in 2013.

MCNPA

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2011, 08:13:08 AM »

Steve.Lavin. Giving Lavin an edge like this is like making a gazelle wear ankle weights while getting chased by a cheetah. 

Does anyone have any doubt Lav closes on this?  How did Norm not get a sniff from this kid with all the stuff we had on our side?  Uncle Ron Rutledge, parents from Queens, "St. John's is our home."  Lav is an assassin. 

At a quick glance, it seems like this kid could become exponentially better if he added 12 pounds of muscle over the next 17 months.  17 months under Dunlap and Hines.  At the very least, he's going to push the backcourt and make practice even that much more interest next season.   

Agree with everything you said Marillac.  No doubts in my mind that Lavin A, B, C'd this one.  I'm fairly certain he'll be at SJU.  We likely will have a 5-star PG transfer with 3 years eligibility from NCSU coming in who is able to practice with the team for an entire season and add weight as well as learn the system.  How much better does it get than this?  I think we can make a push in the tourney this season, and it gets scary moving past that.  Love this kid's skill set and athleticism.  Only thing that is missing is a few pounds and Lavin and Dunlap and Co.

Marillac

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2011, 08:37:46 AM »

Agree with everything you said Marillac.  No doubts in my mind that Lavin A, B, C'd this one.  I'm fairly certain he'll be at SJU.  We likely will have a 5-star PG transfer with 3 years eligibility from NCSU coming in who is able to practice with the team for an entire season and add weight as well as learn the system.  How much better does it get than this?  I think we can make a push in the tourney this season, and it gets scary moving past that.  Love this kid's skill set and athleticism.  Only thing that is missing is a few pounds and Lavin and Dunlap and Co.

I'll be honest, I've started to worry about Jevon Thomas a little lately...both the grades and the lack of stats/headlines.  The timing of the Harrow news seems too good to be true.  A five star PG who will have two years of experience (one with us) coming in just as this group is ready to hit its stride...sounds a lot better than rolling the dice on a kid ranked #92, academic questions, and that will only be a freshman in 2012. 

I'd love to see Thomas end up at Brewster. 

MCNPA

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2011, 08:53:59 AM »

I'll be honest, I've started to worry about Jevon Thomas a little lately...both the grades and the lack of stats/headlines.  The timing of the Harrow news seems too good to be true.  A five star PG who will have two years of experience (one with us) coming in just as this group is ready to hit its stride...sounds a lot better than rolling the dice on a kid ranked #92, academic questions, and that will only be a freshman in 2012. 

I'd love to see Thomas end up at Brewster.

I too have my doubts about Thomas.  At this point, I don't see him being a 2012 recruit at best case.  I said the same about Brewster.  It would suit him better to play in a great league like the NEPSAC not only for his academics but to see what he is really made of.  At this point though, Ryan Harrow has to be looked at as our #1 priority ahead of Thomas considering he's fully qualified, and an elite PG in every sense.  It's a no-brainer.   Take a look at the 2012 class at the PG spot.  There aren't more than a few guys better than Harrow in that class.  Harrow would be the equivalent of a McD's AA in that class for us.  We have to land him.  His speed and scoring at the PG spot coupled with a year of practice with this team would be monstrous.

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2011, 11:32:42 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/10/harrow-heading-on-kentucky-visit/

N.C. State point guard Ryan Harrow will begin his 10-day, five-school odyssey today by tripping to the University of Kentucky with his mother Fern Matthews.

“I’m actually leaving out today,” Matthews said Tuesday by phone. “We get there this evening.  We’ll have our visit tomorrow [Wednesday] morning. I’ll be meeting the coaching staff, the strength and conditioning coach is very important, and the academic staff.”

After Kentucky, Harrow and his mom head to Texas, Louisville, Georgia and St. John’s without going home in between.

“We leave out of there [Kentucky] Thursday morning going to the University of Texas,” she said.

Matthews previously said “St. John’s is our home” because both she and her husband grew up in Queens and the family is very close with former St. John’s assistant Ron Rutledge, whom Harrow calls an “uncle.”

St. John’s gets the last visit, and Matthews said she hopes Ryan can decide by the second week of June in order to begin summer school at the school of his choice.

Harrow started 10 games at N.C. State and averaged 9.3 points and 3.3 assists in 23 minutes.

He will have to sit out the upcoming season per NCAA transfer rules.

Follow Adam Zagoria on Twitter

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2011, 11:50:58 AM »

Due diligence.  Even if he's a very strong lean (and I have no idea if he really is or not) there's no reason not to fully explore all your options especially when you're not paying for it.  No doubt they'll be eating well and enjoying a bunch of hospitality along the way.

« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2011, 09:34:32 PM »
A lot of things in the "plus column" for SJU (Lavin, Lavin, Lavin, Rutledge, his parents coming from Queens, getting the last visit). Calipari and Pitino obviously still have to be respected during the process. Just a guess, IMO Lavin edges out Pitino and Ryan comes to NYC.

Moose

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2011, 09:46:17 PM »
I thought Pitino was over in scholarships for this upcoming year already
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2011, 09:49:32 PM »

I believe he is.  Am I missing somebody who jumped to the NBA?

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »

I believe Jennings made the leap (to the NBA).

Moose

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »

I believe Jennings made the leap (to the NBA).

Yeah but I think he was a couple over.  I think it was Jeff Borzello on Twitter who talked about it.
Remember who broke the Slice news