Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA - KENTUCKY

• 199 replies
Re: Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2011, 12:50:25 AM »
That kid is deadly! Period. Handle is sick.

« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2011, 12:22:31 PM »
I thought Pitino was over in scholarships for this upcoming year already

I believe he is.  Am I missing somebody who jumped to the NBA?

I believe Jennings made the leap (to the NBA).

Yeah but I think he was a couple over.  I think it was Jeff Borzello on Twitter who talked about it.

It won't stop the Hard Card from recruiting Ryan and Nick Faust too...he doesn't care, Rick'll easily push out a few players

« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2011, 03:31:52 PM »
Harrow on his way to Texas after visiting UK. 

BTW-Not only are both Texas and Louisville recruiting Harrow apprently they are both recruiting Sterling Gibbs.  Gibbs is visitng Texas this weekend as well and apparently is possibly setting up a Louisville visit. 

Marillac

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2011, 04:48:54 PM »
Just did a little youtube search on him and wow is he nastier than I saw in the one vid I saw prior.  I haven't had much computer access the last few months...but this made up for it big time.  He looks like he's got everything offensively...jump stop, good looking jumper (not sure what what the 22% from three was about..shot selection?...he shot 87% from the line and his stroke looks more like that) vertical to spare...explosive...shake....good looking passer.  He looks like he could be incredible if he puts on some weight.  Listed at 160...wow that is low. 

An athlete at the point to match what we already have 2-4.  Good lord.  Does he play any D?

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2011, 05:20:53 PM »
Just did a little youtube search on him and wow is he nastier than I saw in the one vid I saw prior.  I haven't had much computer access the last few months...but this made up for it big time.  He looks like he's got everything offensively...jump stop, good looking jumper (not sure what what the 22% from three was about..shot selection?...he shot 87% from the line and his stroke looks more like that) vertical to spare...explosive...shake....good looking passer.  He looks like he could be incredible if he puts on some weight.  Listed at 160...wow that is low. 

An athlete at the point to match what we already have 2-4.  Good lord.  Does he play any D?

The Marillac pattented 2 minute clip breakdown

MCNPA

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2011, 07:58:28 PM »

The Marillac pattented 2 minute clip breakdown

Regardless, Marillac is right,  harrow is a "must get". As a frosh, shot almost 90% from the line and 10 ppt.  He has phenomenal athleticism, speed, shooting ability and everything else.  He just needs some weight, and all he needs is that one year off to work on his skills and build his body and he can be phenom.  I really want to see this kid at SJU. 

ras

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »
I agree. We have no true point guard and Jevon is very questionable for 2012 . A year with our great staff and players would be mutually benificial to us and him. If we could get him and Gathers the future looks very bright.

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2011, 08:18:41 PM »
I agree. We have no true point guard and Jevon is very questionable for 2012 . A year with our great staff and players would be mutually benificial to us and him. If we could get him and Gathers the future looks very bright.

Why is Jevon questionable?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2011, 09:02:17 PM »

Why is Jevon questionable?

Harrow is not a must get and Jevon is not  necessarily questionable.  There are a lot of scnearios that can play out including having both on the roster in 2012.

And Jevon can ball guys, kid is the real deal and so is Harrow.  Having both would be phenomenal. 

« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »
where exactly do we plan on stashing all these guys with only 13 scholarships?

« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2011, 11:32:45 PM »
If Jevon is staying in 2012, then I don't know how we can make both him and Harrow work.

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2011, 11:36:05 PM »
And may I add, the buzz is that Harrow had a great visit to Louisville.

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2011, 11:46:40 PM »

buzz from louisville is that he had a great visit to louisville
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Wods317

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2011, 09:27:25 AM »
The nice thing is unlike in past years we don't need this kid. We have enough talent on this team to win and wit Jevon hopefully coming in next year theres your answer for the point. This kid looks like a player and I want to get him but unlike in years past we aren't relying on him to come here. Its an awesome feeling to not have to worry so much about what a teenage kid is going to decide. Also when has a kid ever left a place and not said he enjoyed the visit so the fact that he said he had a great time a Louisville means very little to me.

Poison

« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2011, 09:46:55 AM »
The nice thing is unlike in past years we don't need this kid. We have enough talent on this team to win and wit Jevon hopefully coming in next year theres your answer for the point. This kid looks like a player and I want to get him but unlike in years past we aren't relying on him to come here. Its an awesome feeling to not have to worry so much about what a teenage kid is going to decide. Also when has a kid ever left a place and not said he enjoyed the visit so the fact that he said he had a great time a Louisville means very little to me.

It really is a fantastic feeling. The excitement around this program is unprecedented. Before you wouldn't come here. Now you can't come here.

« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2011, 09:49:01 AM »

Exactly my sentiments, Wods.  Good post!   

« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2011, 10:02:33 AM »
If Jevon is staying in 2012, then I don't know how we can make both him and Harrow work.

The same way Calipari made Erik Bledsoe and John Wall work.

And Harrow had a great visit I heard to both UK and Texas in addition to Louisville.  We should know probably by this weekend after his SJU visit.  Pitino is pushing hard on getting one late guard signee in either Harrow, Kevin Ware or even Sterling Gibbs.  BTW-People talk about SJU's schollie situation yet Pitino is trying to sign someone even though they currently have no schollies left. 

It will work itself out.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:03:54 AM by fordham96 »

MCNPA

« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2011, 10:24:06 AM »

The same way Calipari made Erik Bledsoe and John Wall work.

And Harrow had a great visit I heard to both UK and Texas in addition to Louisville.  We should know probably by this weekend after his SJU visit.  Pitino is pushing hard on getting one late guard signee in either Harrow, Kevin Ware or even Sterling Gibbs.  BTW-People talk about SJU's schollie situation yet Pitino is trying to sign someone even though they currently have no schollies left. 

It will work itself out.

Agreed that it will work itself out.  We have the ship available should Harrow want to come here.  We'll have enough for at least Gathers and Jevon next year, but I still think Jevon might reclassify to 2013 which would be even better should we land Harrow.  If Nuri Lindsey has a great season this year, we might even see a jump from him or another with big time potential like Pelle.  It all depends. Hard to say this early, but Lavin knows it isn't a problem in the tradition sense of the word. The bottom line is that Steve Lavin is such a good recruiter that it doesn't matter.  We've never been in this situation before where we are recruiting like the blue-bloods.  We're at the point where we'd need 18 scholarships to sign all the kids we want to sign.  It's a fantastic position to be in.  This is the type of position that puts teams into contention to win titles just about every year like the UNC's of the world.  I think Harrow would be a fantastic pickup for us.  If we can sign him this season, then by all means we should.

ras

« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2011, 10:38:39 AM »
He is not a must get but he certainly would be a nice addition . I thought Jevon had academic problems, but I could be wrong.

sju89tr

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2011, 11:00:21 AM »

buzz from louisville is that he had a great visit to louisville

The campus' he is visiting are impressive as well as the top tier coaches Cal, Barnes, Pitino but it is not like the old days, Lavin is completely in good company and they must be worried when he visits Wednesday.